King's Abode
Mana Hotels Ranakpur(Ranakpur)(Great Value!)
$94
Aodhi Hotel(Kumbhalgarh)
$60
$58
  • Pool
All reviewsswimming poolrooms are spacioussurely visit againnon veggrey stonestrongly recommend this propertyrainy seasonbhindiplace to stayprivate terracekind staffan oasissuite roomranakpur templebeautiful hotelgreat hospitalitydelicious food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Good:
The hotel staff is extremely courteous.
Bad:
The kitchen staff however was nicely rude.
Avoid getting your clothes laundered as they cheat on this.
There were rats in the room and the front desk sent people to remedy the issue. They placed sticky traps for the rats...of no avail.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank springfield_gsogs
Reviewed May 28, 2013

It is one of our favorite place .. beautifully maintained and the location adds more glory to this place... these people treated us very nicely... we have visited this place 'n' number of times and service and experience is simple superb. We love their Chicken -seekh kabab and Kathi roll and also Bhindi-Palak.. they serve us the dinner in the midnight without any objection...what else do you need? ???.. we had too much fun in their swimming pool and french pool .. you can also enjoy horse riding near to this place..Thanks to Mr. Narpat Singh Ji who always treated us nicely . Wish to have the same response in future too..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HoneyUdaipur
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My experience was great and thankful to the staff of kings abode especially mr Darpat singh ji for attending us warmly.
food was great and most imp. Is cleanliness which is well maintained
I will surely plan again and offcourse suggest all u guys must visit once

Shakti kothari

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Kotharisss
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed here on 9th May. Despite few warnings from my friends about summer heat, I decided to take a chance as this was most convenient time for me and my kids.

Pros:
This hotel is has a special kind peace and touch. We and our kids loved staying there and will definitely go in coming monsoon again. Stone work is done in very elegant manner.We had feeling of peace and tranquility which I felt a fewer place in my total travelling experience. Hotel staff is very nice and welcoming,specially in restaurant.

Cons :
Food is very spicy. Personal swimming pool was dirt and not so well managed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AmanShah
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I spent 3 weeks in Rajasthan in April and stayed at some pretty incredible properties -- Raas, The Serai, Mihir Garh, Devi Garh, Lake Palace, etc -- but King's Abode was not one of them. In fact, it was the only disappointment of the trip.

I stayed in Ranakpur due to its proximity to Nana Bera, where I enjoyed a Leopard safari in the company of Thakur Devi Singh -- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED -- and of course, the beautiful Jain temple, nearby. But, King's Abode was borderline dreadful.

The "bones" of the place are interesting -- architecture and grey stone -- but it's Udaipur owners are simply running the place into the ground. Significant investment needs to be made to take advantage of the structural benefits that it DOES possess.

I stayed in one of the hotels "suites" -- This is what I found:

Torn window shades -- the kind on rollers -- which by the way, didn't roll
Filthy bathroom -- I wouldn't step foot in the "sunken tub" with stains of some sort
The shower stall had a bucket on the floor used to collect "something"... pretty disgusting
The few towels that were available were thin and in terrible shape.
Cushions for the patio chairs were torn
STAINED bed sheets! -- the bed itself had a thin mattress that was hard and uncomfortable
Wall socket plates -- coming off the wall
And, a toilet "wrapper" that indicates it was clean and sanitized (like what you would find on the toilet in a MOTEL in the middle of nowhere.)

The hotel has no wifi -- have to go down to the lobby to use a provided laptop
Chandeliers are missing bulbs
Furniture throughout -- including the restaurant -- looks like its from the 1960's and definitely needs to be replaced
Courtyard "pond" is green and filthy and the pool is not in much better shape. Needs a good scrubbing.
Laundry service -- indicated as same day -- took a day and a half to be returned.
Food -- oily and unremarkable
Common spaces -- poorly decorated, if at all

I believe the GM came from the Lake Palace, of all places. He should be embarrassed by the condition of the hotel. Shameful.

One of the problems, I believe, is that they are virtually the only game in town. The only other option, which appeared to be much better, was Fateh Bagh, not far down the road. In spite of all the above, I was told that King's Abode is fully booked during the high season -- so the owners are clearly taking advantage of the lack of competition.

King's Abode really "could be" a very nice property -- it just needs a WHOLE lot of money, work and attention.

Despite my disappointment with the hotel itself, I would like to call-out and give high praise to Himmat Singh, who works on staff and was unbelievably kind, professional, courteous and helpful. If Himmat's intention is to stay in the hotel business, he will undoubtedly go far -- if he can apply his good nature and professionalism in ANOTHER environment.

If your travels require you to stay in Ranakpur, be duly warned about King's Abode and do not stay for more than an evening if other options are not available.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo