“A Safe place”
Review of Laila Gold Palace

Laila Gold Palace
Ranked #8 of 20 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I am from Pune, Just came here to attend a meeting to arrive at some conclusions at our office branch. During the visit I stayed at Laila Palace through the guidance of an autowala at Salem Railway Station. I opted for an high end a/c room, the room that was given to me was nice and well maintained. As a women i needed privacy and no disturbances from the working people or from the people in the neighboring rooms; I was happy with that very part.. I always eat food on the go; so ordering food to the rooms is not my style and technically speaking being an accommodating hotel, some delay can happen when ordering food to the room..
I thought the room should be little more spacious unless otherwise it was a pleasant stay for me and my purpose of my visit was also successful..

Room Tip: Diamond A/c
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed in this budget accomodation for two days, the rooms were neat. No unecessary disturbances were given by the management of the hotel. The room service were good except the food service because it took 30 minutes to supply food to my room...

Unless otherwise this Hotel is affordable place to stay..

By Radha.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RadhaFernandus
Reviewed August 24, 2012

No room service,AC will not function if EB supply goes down,Not worth for money,poor hospitality. For getting a water bottle i was waited around 45 minutes. no restaurant facility, we need to wait 1 hr for break fast if u order from room. Toilets not clean

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank sathiya_vs
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Our purpose to stay in Salem was to break journey, so even this hotel was near to new bus station it was too much inside the city. People planning for journey back shouldn't prefer this. One more point hotel staff and management was too rude. We booked room for 4 members paid 250 extra for bad but we got only one blanket. When we asked for the more they denied and said we only give one blanket per room. What about other members? We argued and finally get 2 more ugly blankets and still it was one short. They argued 250 is for bad not for blanket lol. Is a blanket is too costlier than a brand name.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ravi A
Reviewed July 3, 2012

During business trip I stayed here at Laila Gold Palace for one day, the room are quite good and prices are also reasonable however just good service is missing, the room bells are not functional and they hardly answer intercom phone. They have no restaurant and don't serve food in the room you have to go outside for the food. Although this was my first trip I have no good option that time to look for any good alternative hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business