“Salem's best...I suppose”
Review of Grand Estancia

Grand Estancia
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed here after reading all the reviews and was not let down at all. This was a great place to stay overnight before driving to yercaud. The service was spectacular, the rooms were amazing, the service was impeccable the staff courteous and pleasant (except for some, which I will address later). The overall look was great and the pool looks well kept and good. The complimentary breakfast was a good spread and overall everything was great.

After all this, I had one small problem where water from the Air conditioner had dripped onto the floor and I slipped and crashed my knee on the floor. The hotel housekeeping staff assisted me and cleared the area quickly, but the receptionist was very callous about my pain and was concentrating too much on checking me out. A little bit of empathy to a person suffering from pain because of a fault of the hotel is expected from the staff, but I got none. There was no offer to provide me first aid or call a doctor. I asked for a crepe bandage to tie around my kneecap and they pointed me out a medical store rather than offering to help. This disappointed me terribly. Since a few staff members (3 men at the front desk) callous attitude and lack of empathy should not destroy an otherwise amazing place's reputation, I am still providing an excellent rating.

A bit of soft skills training for the front desk staff could help the establishment in the long run. At least in the hospitality industry people always remark and spread the bad news and bad experiences before they talk about the good things!!

Room Tip: All rooms must be good since I chose the regular room and it was great!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank arvindvimald
Sriidhar R, Owner at Grand Estancia, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Mr. Arvind,

Greetings from Grand Estancia Salem!!!

It was Indeed our pleasure having you stay with us ,We highly appreciate your genuine feedback on the TripAdvisor And I apologize for the front desk staff behavior and i will be giving them more training on this. About the air condition water leakage has been rectified now and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience which caused you during your stay .We always aim for improvement and being a highly customer-oriented company your all feedback's and suggestions by our guests are always treated as very important and we will make sure on your next stay you will be totally satisfied with us
We look forward to you choosing Grand Estancia .

Assuring you of our best attention and service at all times.

There are newer reviews for Grand Estancia

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I had booked an overnight stay for my parents, senior citizens, through cleartrip. They have only praise and appreciation to talk about whenever they refer to Grand Estancia. They were quite overwhelmed by the attention to detail. They have a very special word of appreciation for Ms Divya Nambiar for the personalised attention they received. I would second that too as she assured me that my parents would be well taken care of. I feel much obliged and absolutely grateful for the special service, peaceful ambience, comfort and security provided to my parents. You have their blessings and my appreciation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
4  Thank Asha K

Dear Dr.Asha,

Greetings from Grand Estancia Salem,

We thank you for staying Grand Estancia and sharing your experience on this public forum.
We are pleased that you considered our hotel as one of the best among the best hotels in Salem.
All our rooms at Grand Estancia are well furnished, elegantly decorated, and perfectly maintained. We are glad that our accommodations, food, facilities, services, and the overall ambiance of the hotel met your expectations.
We will look forward to welcome you again with par excellence hospitality in the near future.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

This is my third visit to this hotel after almost an year. The name has changed but everything else is the same. The rooms are well furnished, nice and clean (except for the work chair which as all the leather patches coming off).
The restaurant is good. Breakfast menu was apt. But the service is a let down. The waiters are over enthusiastic in clearing the soiled plates, so much so that they don't even wait for you to finish eating. They will remove the plate if you step aside for a minute to get a side dish refilled or something, but they will never bother to remove the empty plates which were lying before you. Strange, right. If you tell this to the restaurant manager, no response from him, even stranger.
Though the hotel is of good quality, there is no fitness center. I asked this a year and half back and i was told that it is under construction/process of setting up. After a year, when i asked during my current visit, i got the same answer. I wonder whether it takes a year and half for setting up a fitness center.
I guess only the name of the hotel has changed but nothing else.
Overall, it is a decent hotel, but keep your expectations a bit low about the service. By the way there are better options around.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are better
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Sriidhar R, Owner at Grand Estancia, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Mr. Kranthi,

Thank you for staying with us,and sharing you generous feedback in TripAdvisor,
we are indeed sorry to learn of your disappointment with certain aspects of your stay , I believe that you did not receive the service and standards expected of a 4 star luxury premium hotel and I would like to apologize for this lack of customer care and service.

As a customer oriented company we have taken your feedback positively and your observations in the restaurant has been noted & rectified.

We, newly re-positioned as Grand Estancia, strive and work hard to achieve guest satisfaction in rendering best of quality & maintain high service standards.

I will request you to give us one more opportunity when you visit the City again and we will ensure that you have a comfortable stay with us .

gre@granestancia.com

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I had a great experience with Grand Estancia, well served. Service and co-ordination is verygood. I can recommand. All the staffs were really good especially Ms.Divya was excellent at their service....

4  Thank 25John251213

Dear Mr.John,

Greetings from Grand Estancia Salem!!!

We thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. At Grand Estancia , we always endeavor to offer the best services and facilities to our esteemed guests. And, we are pleased to know that you liked our accommodation, hospitality, and the overall ambiance of our hotel. Your note of appreciation will definitely encourage our associates to continue with your excellent work.
We look forward to your continued patronage in the near future.
Thanks & Regards,

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Visited this Hotel for Lunch on my way back from Kochi,Kerala. It is new hotel and looks like a 3/4 star property. Lunch was good although the restaurant seemed to have only one person to take your orders.

There was choice of two restaurants India and an All day Cafe. We chose the all day cafe and ordered Chines food as it was the kids choice.

Ambiance was good and there was a lot of light in the all day Cafe. Food was good but nothing great. Considering after Salem to Bangalore you would not have had any other place with clean wash rooms it is a good place to stop have a meal and freshen up before the rest of your journey.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Pramodh

Dear Mr. Pramodh,

Greetings from Grand Estancia!!!

We thank you for choosing to dine with us and for sharing your experience with us here on this public platform.
Constructive feedback from our guests is key to our high level of service that we have come to be known for and hence we thank you for this review.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This an outstanding hotel. Salem is not a destination city, but you wouldn't know it by the quality of this hotel. A friend and I spent a week there in early November, 2013. We booked ahead and even arranged for a car and driver through the hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The front desk people more than helpful and extended services above and beyond (they even helped me retrieve my lost luggage from Lufthansa (thank you, Prince!)). The dining rooms offer Indian and Western cuisine. And the bar is staffed with friendly wonderful people which is fully stocked.

I will likely be back in Salem next year - and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back; they're quieter.
5  Thank Bob C
Sriidhar R, Owner at Grand Estancia, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Mr. Bob,

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at Grand Estancia Salem. We are glad to learn that you were happy with the rooms, amenities and overall services at our hotel. Your words of appreciation are a generous source of motivation and encouragement for us to continue offering superior value and consistent service to all our Guests.

I shall certainly share your sincere word of recognition with my team here.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Grand Estancia,Salem

Sincerely yours,

Guest Relation Executive.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Relaxed and had lunch there. Good ambiance and service, more than our expectations .....Located on the highway between Bangalore and Coimbatore; hence very convenient to take a break there. Ample parking space.

Room Tip: Locate on the highway between Coimbatore and Bangalore. Hence convenient place to take a break.
5  Thank Justin454
Sriidhar R, Owner at Grand Estancia, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Mr.Justin,

Thank you very much for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor . I was pleased to read that you enjoyed every bit of your stay with and experience all the facilities. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services and facilities as it is what we strive for everyday.

We all look forward to welcome you again and hope to exceed your expectation.s

gre@grandestancia.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Radisson Salem
Grand Palace Hotel & Spa Yercaud
Hotel Cenneys Gateway
Hotel Cenneys Gateway
#21 of 24 in Salem

Been to Grand Estancia? Share your experiences!