“Vivaana - a haven in Shekhawati”
Review of Vivaana

Vivaana
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Mandawa
London, United Kingdom
“Vivaana - a haven in Shekhawati”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Vivaana is in Churi Ajitgarh, just 10km from Mandawa and 170km from Jaipur. It is a beautiful property with excellent rooms and great service. They also have many things in the making such as music, classes and films. I stay for a nice in one of the south facing rooms with was very peaceful, charming and was quiet at night time. I got served one of the most amazing cold coffees I have ever had in the morning and the service was there exactly when I needed it. I swam in the pool, ate healthily in the restaurant and strolled around Ajitgarh at evening, feeling very safe. Mandawa is also really nice which is only a 15minute drive away.

Great experience!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Meisel M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Trip to Vivaana was a great refreshing weekend that I spent. The beauty of the place will mesmerize me for a long time. Rich culture of the place adds so much charm to the beauty of Vivaana. One would not believe that such an old haveli could provide so much of comfort and luxury without disturbing the original feel of a heritage building. Bored of our hectic work schedule, I and my friends decided to spend the weekend at a calm and rejuvenating place and came across “Vivaana Culture Hotel” since it is easily approachable from New Delhi. It was totally up to our expectations since it was beautiful, calm, serene and luxurious as well. It gave us all the privacy we required. The coziness of the place is so amazing that you would feel like you own the place. We were so awed by its blend of rustic charm with sophisticated luxury and understated elegance. The attention paid to the small small details while doing the interiors was so amazing that looking at every part of the hotel the only word that came out of my mouth was ”Wow”. Never thought this weekend would introduce me to some of the original and rare fresco works. The hospitality and friendliness of the staff added to the fun. I could not believe I saw peacocks dancing and singing so closely to me and I was feeling so lucky that I got to see it but hotel staff told me that it is a daily routine here. Peacocks come every morning. The cultural program organized by the hotel for the guests was something I had not seen in years. Puppet show along with folk singers singing folk songs and playing traditional instruments made us feel really special. There was everything I could think of to enjoy at max with my friends. Be it an old world gaming zone with games like chaupad, chess, carom, snake & ladder, cards or the camel safari in the evening taking us through the village to a small dune and witness the sunset. The beauty of the place enhanced multifold at night with beautiful colorful lights. And taking a dip in the pool n then enjoying cocktails in the bar area and singing karaoke crazily with friends was what we all needed to make this trip memorable. So for everyone looking for a change in their mundane lives, Vivaana is the place to be.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dips02
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed August 29, 2012

If you want to have a relaxed weekend vivaana resort in mandava, Rajasthan is the ideal place. It is approx. 250km away from Gurgaon..if you are travelling nonstop by car it will take 4 to 5hr (approx)and the roads were excellent. This is the heritage property converted into modern amenities and luxury. The most fascinating thing about that place is; the property is situated in an old village where you cannot take off your eyes from peacocks….on every nook and corner you will find peacocks.
Our was two days itenary, we left from Gurgaon early morning and reached there in the afternoon…there we got a royal welcome with traditional style and had a exotic and delicious meal. We removed our tiredness by dipping into the pool and enjoyed splashing Jacuzzi with chilled beers. The day was ended with Rajasthani folk songs and dance with hilarious puppet show.
Next early morning we had old village walk and learnt about history of village and heritage havalies. In the evening we had camel rides passing from sand dunes and late evening our day was ended with authentic dinner in the middle of the jungle…it was a very different and awesome feel!!!
Absolute value for the money…

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2012

As they say that Rajasthan is a city where you can relive the Indian Luxury which was enjoyed by our kings and queens. Well Vivaana has made sure that this statement is true in all its content.

As soon as i arrived at the hotel with my friends they welcomed us in traditional rajashtani style with drums, tilak and a pleasant welcome drink to quench our thirst, We all already started feeling like kings and queens.

Then we checked in our rooms which were well decorated with lovely fresco painting, along with all the modern amenities. Then we took a tour of the beautiful property which is full of old fresco painting and has a charm of a Haveli (Palace) , you start feeling like you are actually living in 18th century with all the facilities of Pool, Spa and of-course Bar.

The food was good but not that extra ordinary but yes you will certainly enjoy the Ethnic Indian Cuisine.

The best part of Vivaana was the Ambiance, courteous staff and service.

The best moment we had during that trip when we all enjoyed at pool for hours and hours along with chilled beer;s. The hotel had organized puppet show and a desert safari for us which were again a superb experience.

I must say that if you want to pamper yourself one should visit this place. It was a great experience overall and I would recommend if you are planning a trip to Rajashtan you should visit is this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank rohuchop
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Vivaana is simply a beautiful property. The design, room decor, view, food, service, everything was stunning. Wish we had stayed a couple more days longer. We only stayed one night. The village surrounding the hotel framed the hotel very well. Without it, I think the property would be missing something. Rooms were very well designed and apointed. I liked the unique design and layout of each room. The hotel interior courtyard, dining rooms, terraces were all beautifully done. Frisco lounge was the highlight. The staff was very nice and served us in the best way possible. The service and food was amazing and added to the delightful experience at the Vivaana resort.

I would say it is a place worth visiting again and again.

Thanks
Brijesh

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BKS-TWX
New Delhi
Reviewed August 21, 2012

VIVAANA is a Heritage Hotel located in a small village of Rajasthan. I went there with my wife to spend a complete weekend. She selected this hotel from tripadvisor only and I must admit, the place was worth visiting & staying 2 have a nice, cosy and peaceful stay.

When we entered the hotel, we were greeted by turbaned staff who gave us a traditional welcome. The reception area at the entrance made the first impression and we knew it that we are at the right place. The hotel has 2 havelis separated by beautiful sprawling lawn. It also has a very fancy bar that has karaoke. Thankfully after a long time I heard my wife singing old songs. The entire hotel is displaying royal portraits, paintings, antiques and articrafts giving an impression of rich culture and royal history. The restoration has maintained the character of the place.

We stayed at the royal suite and I must say it was one of the most beautiful rooms we have ever stayed. The rooms were displaying beautiful fresco paintings, antique furniture yet a tinch of modern ambience. Despite the historical character, the hotel has all the desired modern facilities. Even the staff was excellent and pleasant.

We were entertained by local artists – singers, musicians and puppet shows. We went for camel safari that was itself a huge adventurous fun. Dinner on the sand dunes that night was a fantastic array of buffet food with an amalgamation of regional cuisines – gutte ki subji and lal maas with some continental stuff – pasta and cheese pudding. . Make time while there, to tour the tiny village surrounding the hotel, as it has the most amazing painted and decorated havelis, houses and temples. This visit was a real cultural experience.

Room Tip: I will suggest room no. 106 where we stayed was the best...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deepak0401
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had been wanting to go to Vivaana for a while and managed to make it around mid-July... despite the anticipated heat, we were happy to experience the desert bliss minus the tourists.
Upon arrival, the hotel staff greeted us with a flower shower and folk music, a total surprise and I have to admit a little embarrassing. The haveli itself is magnificent and I was standing there with my jaw dropped completely mesmerized by the fine artistry of the frescoes. But what is truly awesome is the perfect room decor and usage of the existing structure and look. There are around 23 unique rooms unique, we were lucky to see most of them and experience two of them as we stayed there 2 nights..deluxe suite on the first night and the royal suite on the second.. While the deluxe suite was beautiful and functional, the royal suite is every bit its name, we spent a good deal of time appreciating the ceiling frescoes before going to bed, and were bedazzled all over again in the morning, though the bathroom on the mezzanine may not be the most practical, it just looks phenomenal and I really didn't mind the exercise. The hotel staff took such good care of us and were super attentive without being intrusive. Vikas was a thoughtful and enthusiastic manager and led a great team. Mandawa as a place is low on entertainment, we did visit the popular tourists haunts but they were just about average compared to the Vivaana experience. Oh how can I forget the hotel organized a private dinner on the dunes... started off with a long camel ride and ended with the sweetest little dinner setting, a little bar and 6-7 people waiting on us and the entire sweeping desert to ourselves.
We also put the pool to good use, and lucky for us we were the only people there on the second night. The food was basic but plenty available and all meals were buffet served at the table. Loved everything about this place and will be talking about it for a long time.

Room Tip: The royal suite, it's really worth going all out.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple