“Great base to explore Mandawa.”

V Resorts Paawana Haveli Mandawa
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Mandawa
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I had a great stay at Paawana. The staff and the owners all go out of their way to help in any way possible. They all work hard to keep the hotel in great condition. It's perfectly located to see all the havelli's of Mandawa. The food in the restaurant is great and I made myself at home whilst staying here. Thanks for a relaxed time.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Paanawa Haveli at Mandawa provides excellent accommodation at reasonable cost and is highly recommended for the discerning traveller looking for a comfortable,friendly place to stay in the centre of Mandawa which is famous for its 55 haveli each located just a short walk away. The Paanawa Haveli has been recently entirely renovated, and caters also for breakfast and evening meals if required which are home cooked to order. Free wifi Internet connection is also available in the reception area.
This type of accommodation will appeal both to those travelers on a brief stopover during a tour of Rajasthan, and to those wanting to spend a peaceful few days relaxing in laid-back Mandawa on the edge of the desert where warm days and cool evenings are guaranteed all year round.

Room Tip: We chose the superior rooms which were well worth the small additional expense.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I tried to write a review before, but I dont know what happened to it. Anyway, I come from Vienna and recently I went with my girlfriend zu Mandawa in the Shekhawati region. We saw Navalgarh and Fatahpur before and Mandawa was much the better place. I like its relaxed atmosphere.

The owner did everything for us, and he even upgraded our booking because there was a small problem with the water. Our new room was even better than the last and we ate breakfast overlooking Raganash (I think that is how it is spelled) temple. The owner even organised a car to take us to Delhi for a better price than we would have payed. I guess I need to learn Hindi to negotiate properly!!!

The food was really great and the manager was helpful and fast working. There staff were really lovely people and my girlfriend was very happy when they bought a candle to the table and gave us banana lassi for free. We enjoyed two nights in Mandawa in Paawana haveli and I will certainly go back!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the corner rooms. Just speak to the owner and he will manage things for you, he reall...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sam T
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Wanting to see the painted havelis of the Shekawati, we arrived at Paawana Haveli in Mandawa, and used it as a base to explore the area. After a long and dusty journey from Delhi, we were welcomed with cool wet towels and a much needed refreshing lemon juice. The clean and calm interior was a haven from the hussle and bustle outside, and our room was perfect with typical haveli features - decorated arches, ancient wooden doors and wall alcoves.
Food was served on the candlelit rooftop balcony restaurant overlooking the street and the adjacent temple and was delicious (probably some of the best we had in India). Raju the manager joined us at our table to make sure we had all we needed, and we ended up spending the whole evening in a lively conversation.
We spent 3 wonderful days in Paawana Haveli, and Raju went out of his way to make our stay unforgetable - meetings with Rajput aristocrats in their castle, a camel fair in the desert (we were the only foreigners), and visits to his very special family.
Mandawa is a small town far from the madding crowd. As such you can expect powercuts and slow internet. But the hotel has a generator, so powercuts do not last long. Mandawa is an excellent place to experience the richness of the painted havelis in their crumbling splendour. It is comparatively little visited and is not yet overtaken by commercial tourism.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 16, 2012

..ah, nice and unaspected to find such a friendly avaiablity and talk easily in English! The two guys in the hotel made our permanence there really comfortable, helping us also to find the prosecution to Delhi.. and preparing (under our precise indications!) - for the "last dinner" there- a nice "pasta Barilla col pomodoro" in the middle of Rajastan!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at the haveli one night and were welcome by the manager ismael. He arranged for us everything, from the sightseeing of the city to the shopping! Best thali ever and lovely terrace. The hotel is not yet finish, i think they will improve the decoration in the next months. However rooms are super clean with paintings in some of them and the bathroom is super super clean.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed September 21, 2012

As another reviewer mentioned, Paawana is currently under construction, so I didn't stay there. But I did eat there many times over my week stay in Mandawa, and I would highly recommend their restaurant. The restaurant is on the rooftop... they have covered and open seating options, and every spot has great views of the neighboring homes, historic temple, and even the Mandawa Castle.

The hotel renovation looks exciting, seems like it will be a nice, clean, and safe place to stay. I especially like the murals that decorate the building. Looking forward to going back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends