“Delightful Mother's Day lunch”
Review of De Tuinkamer

De Tuinkamer
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Putte
Cuisines: Belgian, European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Brussels, Belgium
“Delightful Mother's Day lunch”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I chose De Tuinkamer as I was late looking for a restaurant, and of course many local to Brussels were already booked. So I was a little curious to see how it would pan out. When we arrived (only one hour from south west Brussels), there were a lot of people making their way to the door, so I thought - oh dear maybe this is going to be a large busy place. I walked through the door and realized most of the people were going to the bakery, and restaurant was accessible via a separate door. Indeed the restaurant was upstairs but with a lovely garden (hence the name). The decor was really beautiful and restful. The service was exquisite as was the food. We had 9 appetizers with our champagne, while the chef prepared our menu. We had turbot with lobster and asparagus, and the bottle of German Riesling was excellent. I love their pproach to wine - constantly changing new wines, and a very interesting list. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited May 2012

Lier, Belgium
“Sunday lunch @ De Tuinkamer ... something to look forward to!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

My wife and I, together with some friends, recently visited De Tuinkamer for a Sunday lunch. From the welcoming & aperitif until the closing coffee, the experience was great: nice people, friendly staff, nice ambiance (not to noisy!!), great food, good wine...

• Visited March 2012