“Anandamayee Hotel Chandipur,Horrible Experience” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anandamayee

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chandipur
Anandamayee
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chandipur
Burdwan, West Bengal, India
“Anandamayee Hotel Chandipur,Horrible Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I Sabyasachi Mitra, Residence of Burdwan town had booked your hotel on 30th Dec,2012 1st Jan 2013 to spend good time at Chandipur.
I have heard lots of good thing about your esteemed hotel. But this time we had horrible experience. I mention all the details(what happened with us) below.

1. Service is very poor. No room services provided.
2. Rooms are dam and dark just like jail.
3. Fooding was Very poor,Unhealthy , unhygienic All dishes was not properly cleaned. They were not serving foods properly. Its just like foods provided in prison. Quality of rice very very poor.
4. Room of the ground floor is like slum. In your site that rooms are not visible.
5. Their is no hospitality provided to us and others party also.

Many other things that i not mentioned ,but it happened to us. I do not expect this incident from your end. We are really upset and unsatisfied with you. I think lots of others tourists also faced the same problems. I don't know are they inform to you or not, but i am informing you for your betterment.
I must inform these to my friends and also i will write blogs and forums about your poor quality services.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank sabyasachimitra

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kolkata
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

A hotel in the middle of nowhere, though there is very few option but I think tourist having family with them should avoid this hotel. This hotel is for newly married couple who do not want to be disturbed. I have recently visited the place and my stay at that hotel was not so pleasant. Rooms are not good and not been cleaned during the period of our stay. Food quality is good though little bit costly. At the day of our check out I realised that hotel management and the restaurant authority are the totally different entity. Hotel management does not take any responsibility of the restaurant or vice versa,ultimately this sort of thing affected the hospitality(if any)to the guests. Very unpleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank skbala

Travelers are raving about these Chandipur hotels

Gurgaon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

First thing first. Chandipur does not offer too many good options to stay. This is one of the better hotels in Chandipur. Now let’s look at the pros and cons of the hotel –

1) The hotel has a huge premise. It has a nice garden with lawn, a small park, a pond and even a Kali temple! Parking is not a problem as there is ample space.

2) Not having a car, however, would mean spending dull evenings at the hotel. Chandipur’s most happening place is close to Panthanivas and Hotel Shubham. That place is difficult to reach from Anandamoyee without a car, specially in the evening. Having a big group can solve this problem.

3) The food is typically Bengali, without too many options. Some people may not like that too much.

4) There is a private approach to the beach. It gives a feel of a private beach as it is a bit far from the crowded beach in front of Panthanivas.

5) The rooms are okay… bathrooms could be a bit better. Don’t drink the water served in jugs, buy it. The TV does not have more than 10-12 channels. The AC does not function in case of a power cut but then it never gets too hot.

6) The hotel can arrange cabs for sightseeing.

7) Be extremely cautious about your reservation. We were told to shift to a more expensive room in spite of having prior reservations.

All in all, a good option if you have realistic expectations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Arghya M
kolkata 700018
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

I with my family visited this Hotel Anandamayee Chandipur last year i found this hotel good in every respect the overall area of this hotel is big large garden ,park & lots of greenary resturant serves very delicious dishes.Rooms are not very modern but it is very clean & airy bathrooms are very clean & big in size all the staffs are very polite in behaviour execellent room service we enjoyed our stay for three days its a short trip but very memorable one.The photos in their sites are all real with a very resonable tariff card I would highly recommned others to this Hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank SOUMIK D
Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

I had decided to go to Puri via Chandipur as I had heard about it but never been there - also because we test our missiles from there. Most of my friends had told me that it was a drab place - waves came only for 2-3 hours in day during high tide - then the sea went back 4/5 kms. So I had decided to stay there for minimum a few hours to a maximum of a one night stay.I started from Jamshedpur with my wife,son & my dog - a German shepherd - Bond in my Indigo- CS - a Tata vehicle - I work in Tata Motors.We reached Chandipur at around 10am - the roads in Jharkhand were pretty bad. I had gone through the Internet whihc recommended Anandamayee- it had huge space. There I was greeted by the Manager- Mr.Gautam Mukherjee - & to my surprise he was ex - employee of Tata Steel & a gem of a person - within half an hour of our registration he was playing cricket with kids in the hotel walkway !! The sea was just 50ms away on the east - the hotel room was ok - Rs.850 for a double bed with attached bathroom. But the campus was huge - you could do waht you like - my german shepherd ran all around - in the compound - on the beach - in the sea - it was lovely - no one to stop you - comment - instruct - the whole hotel & sea was yours. Tell the cook what you wanted to eat & he would make it for you - food was very good - 24 hrs electricity backed up by generator - flowers- pond- garden - everything- i'll go there again - & get a 15% discount on the room charges - if you want - peace- serenity- good food - like reading books in the sunshine - stroll on the quite beach - walk in knee deep water - go to Chandipur -stay in Anandmayee - if you like crowds - shopping - go to Puri - go to Digha !!

Room Tip: No comments
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Anil288
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

When we booked the hotel from one travel agent in Kolkata, we were told that it is one of the best hotel there. But after reaching there we found that it is just average.

Little far from the main beach in Chandipur (around 10 mins walk). Though there is a by-lane at the rear of the hotel by which you can reach the other side of the beach in 3-4 mins, but the road was not clean.

Rooms were spacious but not well maintained, had basic amenities. Just ok, not splendid. May be our expectations were very high.

Food was really good. Generally standard bengali food is nice.

Please note, I heard a lot of complaints from the other travelers about the hotel while we were staying there, though fortunately I didn't face any such problem. Lot of people were complaining the hotel stuff that their booking got cancelled and had to shift to some other hotel, some were complaining that they didn't get the proper room for which they paid advance. Hotel Management is really poor.

I my opinion Panthaniwas, OTDC is the best in Chandipur

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Sudiptapaul
Visakhapatnam, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

On our way back from Kolkata, we spent a day at Chandipur-on sea. It is at a stone's throw distance from Balasore in Orissa. Our friends in Kolkata suggested Anandamayee Hotel to us. So after a drive of 6 hours we reached Chandipur around lunch time and fortunately got a Standard Room with good views in 2nd floor. Rooms were clean and moderately furnished. Service was good. Food was really tasty. There was a garden too. Pricing of the rooms are extremely moderate. Good stay as a transit accommodation.

Room Tip: Views are better from 2nd floor.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank mouROY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chandipur
Arpita Beach Resort
Arpita Beach Resort
#1 of 5 in Chandipur
NOCCi Residency
NOCCi Residency
#2 of 14 in Balasore

Been to Anandamayee? Share your experiences!