“VERY GOOD HOTEL”
Review of Anandamayee

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chandipur
Anandamayee
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chandipur
kolkata 700018
“VERY GOOD HOTEL”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I with my family visited this Hotel Anandamayee Chandipur last year i found this hotel good in every respect the overall area of this hotel is big large garden ,park & lots of greenary resturant serves very delicious dishes.Rooms are not very modern but it is very clean & airy bathrooms are very clean & big in size all the staffs are very polite in behaviour execellent room service we enjoyed our stay for three days its a short trip but very memorable one.The photos in their sites are all real with a very resonable tariff card I would highly recommned others to this Hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank SOUMIK D

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I had decided to go to Puri via Chandipur as I had heard about it but never been there - also because we test our missiles from there. Most of my friends had told me that it was a drab place - waves came only for 2-3 hours in day during high tide - then the sea went back 4/5 kms. So I had decided to stay there for minimum a few hours to a maximum of a one night stay.I started from Jamshedpur with my wife,son & my dog - a German shepherd - Bond in my Indigo- CS - a Tata vehicle - I work in Tata Motors.We reached Chandipur at around 10am - the roads in Jharkhand were pretty bad. I had gone through the Internet whihc recommended Anandamayee- it had huge space. There I was greeted by the Manager- Mr.Gautam Mukherjee - & to my surprise he was ex - employee of Tata Steel & a gem of a person - within half an hour of our registration he was playing cricket with kids in the hotel walkway !! The sea was just 50ms away on the east - the hotel room was ok - Rs.850 for a double bed with attached bathroom. But the campus was huge - you could do waht you like - my german shepherd ran all around - in the compound - on the beach - in the sea - it was lovely - no one to stop you - comment - instruct - the whole hotel & sea was yours. Tell the cook what you wanted to eat & he would make it for you - food was very good - 24 hrs electricity backed up by generator - flowers- pond- garden - everything- i'll go there again - & get a 15% discount on the room charges - if you want - peace- serenity- good food - like reading books in the sunshine - stroll on the quite beach - walk in knee deep water - go to Chandipur -stay in Anandmayee - if you like crowds - shopping - go to Puri - go to Digha !!

Room Tip: No comments
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Anil288
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 4, 2012

When we booked the hotel from one travel agent in Kolkata, we were told that it is one of the best hotel there. But after reaching there we found that it is just average.

Little far from the main beach in Chandipur (around 10 mins walk). Though there is a by-lane at the rear of the hotel by which you can reach the other side of the beach in 3-4 mins, but the road was not clean.

Rooms were spacious but not well maintained, had basic amenities. Just ok, not splendid. May be our expectations were very high.

Food was really good. Generally standard bengali food is nice.

Please note, I heard a lot of complaints from the other travelers about the hotel while we were staying there, though fortunately I didn't face any such problem. Lot of people were complaining the hotel stuff that their booking got cancelled and had to shift to some other hotel, some were complaining that they didn't get the proper room for which they paid advance. Hotel Management is really poor.

I my opinion Panthaniwas, OTDC is the best in Chandipur

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Sudiptapaul
Visakhapatnam, India
Reviewed September 22, 2011

On our way back from Kolkata, we spent a day at Chandipur-on sea. It is at a stone's throw distance from Balasore in Orissa. Our friends in Kolkata suggested Anandamayee Hotel to us. So after a drive of 6 hours we reached Chandipur around lunch time and fortunately got a Standard Room with good views in 2nd floor. Rooms were clean and moderately furnished. Service was good. Food was really tasty. There was a garden too. Pricing of the rooms are extremely moderate. Good stay as a transit accommodation.

Room Tip: Views are better from 2nd floor.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank mouROY
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed August 18, 2011

On August 13, 2011 me, my husband, my parent-in-laws and sister-in-law went to Chandipur. We have booked the rooms in the hotel Anandamayee from the Kolkata itself.
The area of the hotel is quite big and the condition of the hotel is OK type. A small park is also there. We stayed there for 2 days. The food quality was good. We liked the preparation of prawn, parse, bhetki, pomfret. The crab dish was fantastic. Don’t miss it. The beach in Chandipur is something different than the other beaches. As we went on the time of full moon so it added a special beauty in the beach.
One bad thing about the hotel is they have only 4-5 TV channels. Apart from that everything is OK types......................

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Amrita R
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed March 10, 2011

the tour to chadipur was good. the beach is unique but no properly maintained. but the hotel is good. vast area along with garden and for children a nice park is there. the interesting part is the resturent. food is really good with varity of dishes. the staffs are co-operative. the main problem is the cable connection....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank tipu_hiii
Calcutta
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We booked two double rooms in Anandamoyee a month before the date of travel through our travle agent TTMI in Calcutta. The booking was a confirmed booking. Four to five days before our intended journey, Mr Debaranjan De , supposedly the owner of this hotel called us up and said that there has been a block booking by Defence on our dates of travel ( Which appears to be untrue as we checked with the hotel staff there was no booking by defence authorites at that time). At forst we were offred romms in Pacific INN and two days before our departure Mr De called us up and said that we would be put up in Ashanivas - which would be better as it would be inront of the sea beach and Anandamoyee was far away from the beach ( as mentioned by Mr De - which is true) This is extermey unethical - upon getting a confirmed booking at Anandamoyee we were shifted to Ashanivas ( Ashanivas does not have a restaurant nor a geyser ) - which was a lower budget hotel.
We had food delivered from Anandamoyee - but few of my family members had loose motion an vomiting on two consequitive days and we discontinued getting food from Anaandamoyee.
To sum up
1. Transferring booking to other hotel was unethical
2. Food is expensive but not good as our family members fell ill
3. Hotel is far awya from beach ( as rightly qouted by Mr Debaranjan De ) !!
Not at all recommnded

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank ranjan_das

Travelers are raving about these Chandipur hotels

Been to Anandamayee? Share your experiences!