“Sad state of hospitality”
Review of Hotel Rajtara

Hotel Rajtara
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Satara
Hotel Rajtara
Ranked #17 of 26 Satara B&B and Inns
Mumbai, India
“Sad state of hospitality”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

It is quite tough to find decent hotels in smaller cities of India, Satara being no exception has lots of hotels but I guess the state of affairs or understanding of hospitality business (that of giving genuine service and clean rooms/bathrooms) have not yet crept into the mentality of most hoteliers.
The hotel is located quite in the heart of Satara, but the rooms are not ok for the price charged. The first night we stayed in the so called " luxurious floor" superior executive room. Guess these rooms are newer and hence a premium, but sadly housekeeping dept needs a huge boost.
While the second night since we were with the group running the marathon in Satara, we stayed in "executive floor". Here again the rooms need good housekeeping. Maybe they don't have the concept or an housekeeping dept! So please don't expect much, and certainly not anything close to the costs involved,
The restaurant food is decent and one can survive. Guess one shud not expect much in such small cities of India.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AvijitSen

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed August 13, 2013

While I didn't stay at Hotel Rajtara, I can thoroughly recommend their restaurant. Wonderful north Indian style food, some of the best I had in India. The place is also very clean and the service is good.

This is a little gem in Satara - eat here if you are passing through or staying in Satara.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed in Satara for couple of days on business trip. After reading the reviews I booked this property and found that it was apparently the best hotel property in Satara City. The Hotel offered descent sized well maintained rooms. AC worked perfectly well. Getting Hot water was a problem and we were told that it was a boiler problem and we were supplied hot water in bucket. Such things are unacceptable from a hotel which charges much higher rates. As such, although this property is good, they do not include Breakfast in the room tariff and it is a very over priced hotel, at least by 40%. Food was OK not very great. Service was also OK for city like Satara. I did not see any alternative to this property despite being high priced. Hence I recommend it for those who need quality at whatever the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Satara, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed July 2, 2013

very good hotel for royal persons ....we found excellent food here (both veg and non veg). The staff was very active and prompt in service. The food was amazing. Their maharashtrian mutton with jawar bhakris was to die for....!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ahmedabad
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The most humiliating experience with the dimwit behind the reception at Rajtara Hotel of Satara, this was on 25th May night, i was driving down from Ahmedabad to Goa, with my wife. As a pre-planned pit-stop, we were to take rest at Satara, a good 750kms from Ahmedabad. I asked a friend, a regular visitor of that region, he recommended Rajtara Hotel in Satara. I went ahead with his recommendation, even set my navigation to Rajtara Hotel. However, before checking in we wanted to find out the rates of the place, and compare it with other hotels in the same street. I approached the reception at Rajtara, I asked him for the rate card, i told the reception to be back in some time, made a call to my wife who was sitting in the car in the near by parking lot. She told me we could check other options around and get back. I had not bargained on the room rate yet at Rajtara. After driving down 750kms or so one feels to compromise on the price, even if it is little pricier then your budget. However after approaching only one hotel near by we got back to the hotel, with a determination of checking in, thought will ask the receptionist to give us a good deal, but what awaited us was something we may not have thought in a million years... I drove in the car in the porch leaving the baggage for the porter to fetch later on and approached the reception with my wife. We tried to speak to the receptionist tried to bargain on the rate. He asked for an ID, my wife since she was carrying her purse gave the driving license, it did not stop there, the receptionist asked my ID, i thought, it may be standard procedure in this town, I went to fetch my valet, handed over my driving license to the receptionist, to our shock the man said THEY DID NOT match! We were left aghast, my driving license was made in 2002, my wife‘s license was made in 2003, we got married in 2009, we both have different last names. NOW HOW ON EARTH are we to have the same last names on our driving license. To our shock when we asked him what was the matter he said, your last names are different, I said then what do you need, he goes your marriage certificate!! This was completely unexpected behavior by the dimwitted man behind the receptionist. I have traveled many countries and regions in our own country, but this was first time. My wife was shocked and did not want to stay there for a minute, because the small town ghati man was being ridiculously crude. (I do not want to generalize but this experience forces me to do so.) I showed him my facebook profile page (on the phone) which had the mention of we being married. After a tiring day i did not want to make any ruckus further, there were other guests in the lobby, who were being engaged by the receptionist in conversation in between but we did not engage them in this, ALL WE WANTED TO DO IS TO LEAVE THAT RIDICULOUS PLACE WHICH HAD HUMILIATED US ENOUGH! We were going for a holiday in Goa, it was enough of us to take it from that man. We left the place, approached another hotel on the highway, without much ado, we were checked in. But this left me agonizing hurt for the kind of mindset that stands behind the desk at reception of Rajtara Hotel of Satara. I request the owners of this place to give training to such dimwitted staff who does not know the difference between to sets of people. Please make sure you travel with your marriage certificates and other IDs if you are to approach this hotel. There are other options in the vicinity, such as Hotel Maratha Palace which falls right on NH4. Thank you for reading. You be the judge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Nishant D

Travelers are raving about these Satara hotels

Pune
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was on a business trip to Satara - and my associates put me up at Rajtara.
Considering that I was expecting nothing much - I was pleasantly surprised....

The rooms are not the best - but are comfortable.
Found a cockroach - and when I brought that to the notice of the house keeping staff, I was promptly offered either another room or an instant pest control spraying. I opted for the latter.

The bathroom needs proper cleaning - at least occasionally. That'll make the roaches stay away automatically.

The room service was prompt & polite. The food was amazing. Their maharashtrian mutton with jawar bhakris was to die for....!
breakfast is not included in the tariff - but is reasonably priced when either ordered as room service or in the restaurant.

Not the best place I've stayed in - but far from the worst....!

Room Tip: Choose rooms on higher floors - to drown out the noise from downstairs. The restaurant, reception ar...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Rajtara does not impress even one bit in the first sight. For the uninitiated, the rooms offered are those which prompts one to look for other hotels immediately. That's what I did too. However, after an unsuccessful attempt to locate any good room in any other hotel, I was forced to come back to Rajtara and ended up cribbing about the quality of rooms to the Manager. In a non-chalant fashion, he replied, "well we have some new rooms, only if you are okay with the rates". I was taken there and was wowed by the excellent quality of rooms. They charge upwards of Rs. 2500, which is worth it if you are very particular about the quality of your rooms. Restaurant is pretty good and service is good for a small town like Satara.

Room Tip: Insist on being showed the new rooms as the reception staff somehow tends to show you the old, poorl...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nayanarenu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Satara
Hotel Radhika Palace
#11 of 26 in Satara
Hotel Om Executive
Hotel Om Executive
#5 of 26 in Satara

Been to Hotel Rajtara? Share your experiences!