“Good option for a relaxing weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Discover Condos

Discover Condos
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Neral
Mumbai
“Good option for a relaxing weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed here in Nov 2011. The place is under construction. Booking was very easy without hassles. We stayed in the first floor room facing the pool. Rooms are really spacious and come with a mini fridge and coffee maker. AC is ok, may be since it is Nov time we did not need it much. the location of the hotel is a lil bad, roads were not good and have bumpy rides to reach the place. Pool is very good, a nice place to unwind. So is the spa with some relaxing massages. They organized a sort of treking trip to Matheran which was very good. Food is a buffet system, and was good with different varieties. Overall we spent some good quality time there.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

The hotel is located in a place that is difficult to find by road. One has to pass through Neral town which has very bad roads for one vehicle at a time. Better to go by train. Its near to the Neral station. The resort is only partly habitable. The rest of the buildings (approx 4 of them) are incomplete and dont look like they will be finished in the near future. It gives one the impression of being on a movie set of a war torn location. The rooms are relatively spacious but the air conditioning is not effective at all due to the size of the room and the capacity of the a/c. There is a large balcony for each room where one can sit if the weather permits. The place was very hot in April. Swimming pool is large and the water fairly clean but mossy ground and walls in places. The food is tasty as it is heavily spiced and tends to be oily. Buffet meals are served. However the dishes are not replenished untill one has to make a noise or go to the kitchen to demand a refill. Service is poor as the staff seem to be locals that are not trained. Cant blame the staff. Poor supervision during meals. Food quantities are not enough.
Best avoidable. Try some place else. I dont know why Best Western has lent their name to this place.

Room Tip: Corner rooms facing the pool
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank IndiaEagle

Travelers are raving about these Neral hotels

Navi Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I went to this place with reference of my friend. We booked around 32 rooms for a residential conference. The place is built with such a passion for nature and I really loved the hospitality provided by the staff. I had many of my top bosses with me and after the event I got my first promotion. I sincerely oblige to the hospitality provided by the staff and the attention they paid when we were there at the Resort.
I enjoyed the Sunset just from my Balcony behind the mountains of Matheran and had a peaceful walk on the jogging track in early morning. Most of us spend the time in huge pool. I would recommend this as best place to relax.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Nomadalways
mumbai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

We were 9 couples who had booked 9 rooms for 3 nights from 30th Dec to 2nd Jan 2012. while booking they had promised us so much for the 31st night but the reality was horrifying. On arrival at the hotel no one offered us any water or welcome drink. They did not allow us to carry any food items or cold drinks inside the hotel, upon inquiring the reason they informed us that it was due to security reasons (which was a lie, as they wanted to earn more). They forced us to wear a wrist band compulsory for all the 3 nights, even at night. While booking they had promised for grand dinner on 31st Night, but they provided the same menu in dinner buffet which was kept for lunch on the same day. Upon complaining to the management for the same, the owner of the hotel started misbehaving with us, called his security & started pushing us. He also warned us not to further complain for anything. He started showing his money power. The hotel service was the worst ever experinced in life time. The hotel looks a bit tempting on the website, but is the worst ever possible hotel avilable in or around mumbai. We have never experinced such worst treatment & hotel ever. There are still so many things to say that if i keep writting it will never end. DO NOT EVEN THINK OF VISITING THE PROPERTY EVEN IN YOUR DREAMS.

Room Tip: No good rooms avilable
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
13 Thank yogiyogi79
mumbai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

I have stayed here with my husband and son. Food was bad.. When we went for lunch.. the place was crowded. half the food was over.. i had to stand in que for food with my 1 year old son and there was no place to sit.. Absolutely over priced place. Still under construction. Very poor service.

Avoid if possible

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank rgordhandas
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

i was @ the resort for the New yrs 2011 with my group of friends and had a worst experience in my life.

the brochure looked very attractive with n number of activites and facilities but was dejected to see that it was only in writing and nothing in physical.

the service was terrible, the food was far below the standards. highly overpriced and a secluded place

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
9 Thank PratikB
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

My husband, kids and I went to this resort, which although a little secluded is one of the most beautiful resorts I've been to. If it had a little beach, we'd almost be in Goa. But the beach was not missed because there's just so much to do here. The pool is magnificent and it was really hard to get my family out of there. My husband and I enjoyed the spa while our children played at the life size chess set. The food was simply impeccable. The staff was warm and friendly. Radhika, the general manager, made it a point to check on us every now and then. Everybody made us feel like VIPs. All in all, a great stay. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you're travelling with a family, choose the studio loft rooms. You get some privacy but can a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank TravelHappy1313
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neral
Upper Deck Resort Pvt. Ltd.
The Resort
The Resort
#57 of 440 in Mumbai (Bombay)
The Orchard Resort
#2 of 6 in Khandala
The Dukes Retreat
The Dukes Retreat
#1 of 6 in Khandala

Been to Discover Condos? Share your experiences!