Had been there on a weekend to Murud Beach and as had heard a lot about the Golden Swan resort decided to stay there. The place is almost a 4.5 hour drive from Pune at an exact 225Kms. 50 % of the journey is on the Mumbai-Pune expressaway and the 40% is on the busy Mumbai-Goa highway which is quite busy and after Alibagh you actually enjoy the drive with less traffic. Made a mistake of not carrying any food ( breakfast) as I thought would get it on the way but did not find anything worthwhile to stop. Murud beach is about 20 Kms ahead of the Kashid beach and as I had already stayed in Kashid with Prakruti and enjoyed the experience wanted to stay in Murud now. We reached the hotel at about 12:15pm in the afternoon and had to wait for about 30 mins as the room was not ready. At the reception we were neither served water nor any juice. When we got the room, it was quite small and the toilet was also quite quite small. Was looking at a much better place as after staying in Prakruti thought this would be worth it. The mattress was also not comfortable to sleep on and overall I would rate the room part at only 2/5. Food was quite decent, the vegetarian food but the service was a bit slow. Beach was walking distance say about 5 mins from the resort but I felt that Kashid beach was much cleaner. We were on an all meal package and the lunch and dinner were quite decent but breakfast could have been a lot lot better. On Food I would give them a 3/5. So overall you can give this place a miss but Prakruti scores a lot lot better than Golden Swan and though being slightly on the higher price side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Watch the sun go down behind the darkening silhouette of Shivaji's strategic fort, built off the coast of Murud Janjira. The breathtaking view comes free with a stay at the Golden Swan Beach Resort - a resort located right on the beach. Located just 150 kms south of Mumbai and 170 kms west of Pune, the resort is a perfect weekend getaway to a world once ruled by Abyssians, Marathas and the Portuguese. Indulge in adventurous water sports, mouthwatering food or just relax by the beach side with your loved ones at this Mediterranean style property. But please forget to carry your watches, as time nearly stops here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Hotel.de so you can book your Golden Swan Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Swan Beach Hotel Murud
- Golden Swan Beach Resort Murud, Maharashtra