“Great for this area”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington, Virginia
“Great for this area”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you're staying in the outskirts of the city, as we were for a wedding, this place is great. The upgrade for the kitchenette is great and a good value. Parking was inepensive and the resturaunt is good!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Denis M, General Manager at Mercure Apartments Sao Caetano, responded to this review, April 5, 2013

Thank you kindly for your feedback.

Sir, due to the security procedures the Elevator guests´ keys have access only to the floor where the room is located and the last room ( games room and swimming pool ).

Next time you come to our hotel, please let the reception know in case you have a group, because we will be able to offer you and group members a key with access to all the floors.

Once again I thank you very much for your feedback.

Denis Mioli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Korean first
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The staff was nice and attentive and the rooms were nice however the only reason that we stayed here was because it was walking distance from a wedding venue. There was an included breakfast and it was decent. From what I saw and heard from other people it isn't in the best neighborhood although I never felt unsafe. The rooftop pool has great views but was not even able to be used the first day because it was so dirty and although there was a staff member who came and dumped chemicals in it and cleaned it I still have my doubts. There is a game room and gym with sauna upstairs which is nice to have but again, not the best quality. The staff was friendly. Biggest drawback is one of the elevators was broken however you cannot get anywhere except your floor or the roof and must use your room key to access. We were a bigger group on multiple floors and had to take the stairs to get to each other which was pretty inconvenient for an 18 floor hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CareInn
Denis M, General Manager at Mercure Apartments Sao Caetano, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I am very pleased to hear that our Staff was friendly and you enjoyed the Breakfast.

Sir, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience regarding the Elevator, unfortunately we had a technical problem in one of the lifts due to the strong rains and thunders.

My maintenance team has already repaired the issue with the Swimming Pool and I thank you for the information.

Should you need more information please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've been traveling throughout Asia for the last 7 years, and I have been staying in similar hotels (same category as this one). All I can say is that this hotel is not worth their daily rate.

The company rate I got was around USD 110. The regular rate goes above USD 200 (in Portuguese "tarifa balcao").

There are basically no amenities. Just a small soap bar. No shampoo, no toothbrush, no shaving kit, no nothing. Not even a simple one. Also no complimentary daily bottle of water.

In Shanghai, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, I stay in 4-star hotels and I get all this for free + a huge breakfast (with hot and cold dishes). And the rate is even below USD 100 (see my other review for the Ramada Plaza Pudong).

There are 2 elevators in this hotel. One of them got out of service on Sat. By Tue morning, it was still not working, meaning long waits for the elevator. After complaining at the front desk, I got a "ok, I'll check with the maintenance again". Absolutely no attention to the customer.

By the way, for USD 200, you can stay in some 5-star hotels in Seoul and Shanghai as well. This hotel is far from it. They should improve the service, specially the complimentary items, or reduce the rate. Not worth the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RenatoMaschetto

Thank you kindly for your feedback.

Sir, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience regarding the lifts. Recently we had a technical problem with one of our elevators due to the strong rains and thunders. Unfortunately we had to replace some parts of the engine which resulted in delay fixing the problem. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience.

I have already spoken to my team regarding the amenities available in our rooms as we do have the Shampoo, Conditioner e Soap available for all our guests. I thank you for the information and my housekeeper will ensure that all material are available into the room before our guests check in.

Should you need more information please do not hesitate contacting me.

Travelers are raving about these Sao Caetano do Sul hotels

Bad Soden
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

If you want to avoid the hassle of having to sit in traffic twice a day to get to Sao Caetano, you are at the right place.
The hotel rooms are clean but not new and the staff is very helpful.
Breakfast was good as it included a selection of fruits, a number of cereals and quite a few breads/pastries. The internet service was down for 12 hours at the time of arrival but they fixed it in the time frame mentioned at arrival.
The exercising room is very basic but will allow you to run and lift some weights. I did not try the pool (18th floor) but it looked clean and inviting.

It is not a FIVE STAR hotel but a good value proposition if one only stay a few days and does not have time to explore downtown Sao Paulo. The hotel is close to Sao Andres where you can have a few good dinners.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AS-worldtraveler
Denis M, General Manager at Mercure Apartments Sao Caetano, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your comment and feedback.

It was a pleasure for our Team to serve you and we are looking forward receiving you again in our Hotel.

Warm Regards from Mercure São Caetano do Sul Hotel Team.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Our office is literally the adjacent building to this hotel, so it has phenomenal location. And the accolades end there. The hotel looks very nice from the outside and in the main lobby, but the halls and rooms tell another story. I stayed here on 2 separate occasions. I chose to stay at a Mercure property in Jardins over the weekend, as there is literally nothing in Sao Caetano, except a small shopping mall about 15 minutes from the hotel by van. It is pretty much all residential except for GM in this area. The only restaurant nearby is the one in the hotel, a shoddy Italian place that has hotel restaurant quality food.

My first week I was put into this tiny miserable room that was just 100 sq. feet. The bed was a Murphy bed that came out of the wall. I told them I couldn't stay in that room for 4 nights straight and they agreed to upgrade me to a normal room for about $18 USD extra a night. SO worth it. The room was twice the size of the original room.

The hallways on the floor I stayed (4th floor) were messy and tattered. At night (around 7:00 p.m. when guests have returned to the hotel) they had a paint crew on my floor painting! Why couldn't that have been done during the day when people are away! The painters were chatting back and forth while painting, too, and you could hear their dialogue from inside your room. Not cute.

The room has very cheap furniture in it. Cheap modular furniture. It does have a balcony in the living room and in the bedroom. The balconies are functional, and it was nice to get some fresh air. The rooms also have a mini-fridge/mini-bar and a microwave. I used the mini-bar extensively as there is no convenience store nearby (San Gennaro is closest and it is about 6 blocks walk). The bathroom is small but functional. The carpet is very worn and smells a bit funky.

I ate room service the first night and that was a huge mistake. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich with fries. The buzzer to my room announced the food about 30 minutes later. I came to the door and it was a kitchen worker with a hairnet and an apron on. She passed me a plate (not a tray but the plate) of food. No cutlery, no glass of ice water. Nothin'. In saran wrap on top she had given me 2 mustards and 2 tiny ketchups (about half the size of an American packet). I called down to get cutlery delivered along with more ketchups and some mayo. The sandwich was on just regular white toast and was fair at best. The chicken was obviously frozen and had been fast thawed and therefore spongy.

I tried the restaurant 2 nights later and found it better than the room service but still very average.

I would have given this place 2 stars, had it not been for the 2nd stay. In this stay i was put on the 5th floor and it wasn't nearly as tattered as the 4th floor and my room was nicer and much less worn.

The staff is nice. Many are quite new, so I noticed a lot of training going on. But they try hard. Most are very young, early 20's. The bellhop was 14 or 15!

Bottom line: the location for me was important. I stayed at the Mercure Jardins over the weekend and it was SO much nicer than this property. So much nicer. I would recommend that Mercure but I don't recommend this one.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Denis M, General Manager at Mercure Apartments Sao Caetano, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I would like to apologize for the noise issue in the corridor, I will follow up with my maintenance and painting team to make sure they keep the noise minimum during the painting.

Thank you for the comment about the Mercure São Caetano do Sul team, we do have many new staff undertaken training at the moment (thank you for understanding). Our Bellboy is an apprentice and he is very young indeed. Mercure São Caetano do Sul work in partnership with a local institution to mentor and provide job opportunities to underage kids who need guidance and instruction.

Once again I would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we will be delighted to serve you again.

Should you need further assistance please do not hesitate contacting me.

London
Reviewed October 14, 2011

No issues really with this hotel, except for that it seemed to be ridiculously cold in all parts of the hotel. Maybe they were trying to save money!

Its a grand hotel for business. Plain apartments but comfortable. Average internet but it is free. Breakfast was very poor though.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Carla B, General Manager at Mercure Apartments Sao Caetano, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you kindly for your feedback.

I would like to inform you that we have up graded our breakfast services which now are serviced on the ground floor.

I hope you come back to stay with us again and try our new options.

Once again thank you very much and the Mercure São Caetano do Sul staff will be delighted to serve you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sao Caetano do Sul
City Center
Hotel Plaza Mayor
Hotel Plaza Mayor
#1 of 4 in Santo Andre

Been to Mercure Apartments Sao Caetano? Share your experiences!