We stayed 2 nights in a 3 bedroom cottage. The resort has 3 swimming pools, lots of open space, lakeside beach and fun activities for the kids! The cottage we stayed in could be improved in cleanliness and it did not have a car space. The beds were not the most comfortable beds but they're ok. The boat hire was closed as it was still spring - it should have been open as it was school holidays and there were a lot of guests. The food at the restaurant is dearer than what you would get from restaurants near the each, so I'd suggest you shop for all your basic needs before staying at the resort. There are also shops in nearby town - 10 to 15 mins drive. The swimming pools were crowded when we went and we saw non-guests enter the resort and use the pools. The resort is gated but the gates are open and there are no staff to man the pool areas.
Overall, it's a good resort - family friendly, good facilities and comfortable cabins.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Raffertys Resort is located on the shores of Lake Macquarie, just 90 minutes drive north of Sydney and only minutes from patrolled beaches. The resort is set amongst 35 acres of natural bushland setting and features 103 self contained cottages, two restaurants, two bars, four swimming pools, four tennis courts, water recreational activities, massage centre and a holiday kids club. There are also 6 meeting rooms available for conferences and corporate retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Raffertys Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Lake Macquarie Rafferty`s Hotel Cams Wharf
- Mercure Cams Wharf
- Accor Cams Wharf
- Raffertys Resort Lake Macquarie/Cams Wharf