“Small but clean”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bergheim
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Small but clean”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business (meetings at local business park up the road) for three nights.
Arrived on Sunday night with keys left on table as no one around. However, my name was not on the list (probably my company's faulty not theirs), but found someone who spoke little English and a room was arranged for me.

The room it's,effect is spacious with lovely balcony overlooking car park! The noise from the road is quite loud, so not having the windows open at night meant that the room was quite warm and no air conditioning or fan is provided. The rooms are very clean and plenty of towels and bedding is provided. I had a good nights sleep all three nights, with little disturbance from other guests.

The breakfast had a good choice for continental, no hot cooked food, but was adequate for the morning. I did not have an evening meal here, instead eating in Salzburg town.

Overall a small, friendly and clean hotel. Would stay again if working/visiting the area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank astonchick

Solo
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stumbled across this Inn and Restaurant by accident. We were told to take Bus #21 to our hotel and we decided that if we saw a restaurant along the way, we would just jump off of the bus and eat. Well we took the bus in the wrong direction and ended up way out of the city. It was a Sunday evening and the bus driver informed us all restaurants were closed except for McDonalds. Not what we were looking for after traveling to Austria. All of sudden we saw this Inn and it said the restaurant was open. We got off at the next stop and went in. Did we get lucky. It was a very large restaurant that was occupied by either hotel guests or the local residents. The staff was very accomodating and the food was delicious. I had Goulasch, which was served with a bread knodel and dill pickle. Best I have ever had. My wife had the Weiner Schnitzel and again, delicious. My daughters shared the Cheese Spatzle and Potatoe Soup and a salad. Great comfort food on a rainy and cool evening. Finished off the dinner with a great Austria bier and apple schnapps. Life was good. Based on the restaurant, I am sure the hotel is just as good. For once, I was glad that we took a wrong turn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank shackman61
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bergheim
Gasthof Brauwirt
Genussdorf Gmachl - Hotel & Spa
Ibis Salzburg Nord
Ibis Salzburg Nord
#54 of 132 in Salzburg

Been to Der Jaegerwirt? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Der Jaegerwirt

Property: Der Jaegerwirt
Address: Kasern 4, Bergheim 5101, Austria (Formerly Gasthof Jaegerwirt)
Location: Austria > Austrian Alps > Salzburg Region > Bergheim
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bergheim
Hotel Class:3 star — Der Jaegerwirt 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Der Jaegerwirt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Der Jaegerwirt Bergheim, Austria - Salzburg Region