Tripadvisor
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews kielder water tower knowe winter wonderland snow tubing breathtaking scenery toll road red squirrels north shore forest park sunny day hot tub boat inn log cabin lovely walk anglers arms on site beautiful area
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

A great place to explore if on foot or on 2 wheels! Do a full loop of the water 26+ miles with plenty of things to see and do along the way. Perfect for walking, running & cycling. MTB trails surround the water. More to do along the south shore and cafes, car parks etc. Good for bird watching too... you might spot an Osprey!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 6, 2020

I've come here as a child on school trips many a times throughout my childhood, but never as an adult, and honestly coming back as an adult, and being able to do what you want, and explore is a thousand times more exciting. I stayed here for my boyfriends birthday, we took walks through the forest, as there is a path you can follow, all the way around the lake, the log cabin was beautiful and spacious, and warm, you'd think it would get a tad cold, but it doesn't, it's always toasty, and the staff are extremely welcoming, we had a meal in the restaurant one evening and that was just as spectacular as the views. You're surrounded by nature, and it's an escape from the city that everyone loves to have once in a while, if you get the chance to go. Do it.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed December 26, 2019 via mobile

We went after many years of wanting to. My parents bought the kids their tickets as a Christmas present. There were four adults and four children who went, aged from 5-8.
My mother was disappointed that there was no snow (even fake snow would have made her happy) as she said it felt like it wasn’t Christmas
We first went to the elves workshop which was good and the kids each made a pencil holder out of wood and were able to take it away. From there, in our group, we walked along the woodland to meet Santa, stopping along the way to meet an elf.
A rendition of “oh christmas tree” will never be the same to me again. It was a little repetitive but the kids seemed to enjoy it.
Santa was pretty good and the kids liked the fact that he knew a little about them but the cabin smelled a little musty. They came away with a lovely glass bauble and a key which could be used in the shop to get a choice of either a soft toy of a snowman or elf.
We then grabbed lunch at a takeaway where two out of two places messed up an order. We ate it in a gazebo where there was a blower with hot air, direct from the sun, it felt. It must have been over 30 degrees.
From there we had our timed slots to the theatre (the creepiest of actor and honestly, seeing him made me wonder if the staff had been DBS checked, and very repetitive again) I had wondered at that point what on Earth was going on and if those who made the script had been high on something at the time of writing the plot.
From there we went to the beavers. IF YOU MISS THIS, DON’T BE DISAPPOINTED! My son (6) came to me crying saying they were giving him a headache and I could totally relate. So much so, that I left the kids with my parents to get out of he tent to find a loo. There was a portaloo which was was the most horrific portaloo I’ve encountered (and I’ve used loos in many unsanitary of places!) the beavers had to be one of the most annoying and pointless things I have ever seen. You won’t miss anything by skipping this part......and the kids are now annoying grandad by singing the beaver song. You’ll never forget it.
From the beavers, we went along to see Mrs Claus which the kids enjoyed, although again, I had wondered if it was the 60’s and I was a hippy, I’d perhaps have enjoyed it more.
We then went along to feed the reindeer (who looked sad) and have a go on the donut slide. I think we timed this right by leaving it to later in the day. It was good fun and we all enjoyed that.
Throughout the day, we went along to the pub too and had ourselves some cake and mulled wine/hot chocolate. The girl working in the shop was lovely and more involved and chatty than most others. (Thank you!)
When it was time to leave, the exit was very poorly sign posted and my parents ended up driving around for ages trying to get out.
Overall, I’d say that the Kielder winter wonderland is best suited to younger children.
Compared to the London Hyde park wonderland where I visited in November, where I’d say my children would have enjoyed it a little better.

Reviewed December 21, 2019 via mobile

This was my first visit to Kielder and we attended specifically for the Winter Wonderland event and to meet Santa. The booking process was so easy so this was a good start and it just continued to be absolutely seamless throughout the day. The itinerary you receive keeps you right with the different events taking place and you're given specific slots depending on when you select your Santa slot, this makes sure it's never to overcrowded! Every single member of staff, Elf, Shoemaker etc are brilliant and make sure the magic is kept alive all day. My children (aged 5 & 9) both had a great time and 5 year old didn't want to go home at the end of the day as she loved the place so much! It does recommend you prepare yourself for a full day and they are absolutely right, there's lots to do! I must add I was hesitant at first due to the price of tickets but I wouldn't hesitate to book again next year as it was worth every penny!

1  Thank MarieL0
Reviewed December 15, 2019 via mobile

Thank you for a magical day. It was brilliantly organised, such attention to detail with great staff. Everything had been though through and queues weren’t too long. We had a range of ages from 4 to 12 and they all loved it!