“Great ice cream”

The Rowdey Cow Cafe and Ice Cream Parlour
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Rowde
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set in the grounds of thei dairy farm the glass fronted cafe offers spectacular views and delicious food made from local produce. There are 16 different flavours of ice cream on display which is made on site fresh from their own cows milk. There are childrens play areas and animal viewing.
“Great ice cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Went for first visit today , obviously busy as school holidays and having 3 small ones myself I was prepared .

Lovely little place ( limited seating ) clean and great for kids .

Only complaint was poor description on the menu .

Ordered my 6 yr old the tuna sandwich and got tuna & sweet corn . Not a major issue I know but if you've got kids who are any way fussy it is . Was not stated anywhere on the menu it had sweet corn , didn't even think to ask

Anyway the ice cream is delicious and looking forward to repeat visits to sample the various flavours .

Best avoid the place if you like quiet dining during school holidays .

• Visited April 2014
Sue T, Owner at The Rowdey Cow Cafe and Ice Cream Parlour, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your visit. I'm sorry about the Tuna Mayonnaise description, I had typed up new menus with our new opening times and made an error by missing off sweetcorn. I can assure you this has now been changed and that the rest of the menu is accurate.

“A great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I work in a farm shop restaurant so can be quite picky with similar places, but I was really impressed! The food was great, service was great & atmosphere was good! They make their own ice cream from their own cows which I think was a great niche and selling point. I hope they get bigger & bigger because they could do really well!

• Visited February 2014
Sue T, Owner at The Rowdey Cow Cafe and Ice Cream Parlour, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for your comments & I'm glad you enjoyed your visit!
Reading, United Kingdom
“My best veggie burger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Went here last weekend along with my 3 yr old daughter; the weather was nice and sunny.
I ordered the veggie burger (with onion marmalade) and it turned out to one of the best in my memory; supereb, highly recommendable.
There are very few things for the kids to do at the farm though. Probably, I will be here just for the burger.

• Visited March 2014
Thank you for your comments & that's great that you enjoyed the veggie burger so much. For the children we do provide crayons and colouring, There are miniature ponies, pygmy goats, sheep, cows & rheas for the children to view and there is an indoor play area in the barn with toy tractors and other toys for the children to play in. There is also an outdoor play area with slide and swings. We do not charge an entry fee so I feel that as a cafe we provide a lot for the children to keep them entertained. Maybe you didn't see this when you came but we will be happy to show you around on your next visit. Many thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Devizes, England
“Regular visitor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We moved to Devizes almost 2 years ago. I was aware of a local ice cream parlour just outside of town called The Rowdey Cow but not being much of an ice cream fan it took me a good 6 months or so to get around to visiting. Well, I wish it never took me so long. Beautiful setting, friendly welcoming atmosphere and food to die for. I regularly visit with my children, friends and family (who live out of area and always ask to come here when they visit) we have sampled breakfasts, cakes, ice cream and the delicious sunday roasts. For those complaining of slow service - food is all locally produced and cooked fresh from scratch - well worth the wait. This is no brewers fair with packaged mass produced cardboard burgers. Top quality produce! And the outside facilities are brilliant, lovely play area with swings, slide, climbing frame, plenty of tables and chair's and a barn full of ride on tractors. We love it here!

• Visited February 2014
Thank you for your comments & I am glad you enjoy your visits to the Rowdey Cow & we look forward to seeing you soon!
Devizes, United Kingdom
“Ladies' lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Excellent food and excellent value and friendly staff! Thank you the Rowdey Cow for a lovely lunch on a very wet day!