“2 Night break at the Merrymouth Inn”
Review of Merrymouth Inn

Merrymouth Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Fifield B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Just got back from a 2 night break at the Merrymouth Inn, to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary.
I cannot speak highly enough of the stay we had. The Hotel is conveniently situated for visiting Burford, Stow and Bourton.
The Staff were attentive, friendly and made a point of congratulating us on our Wedding Anniversary, which was thoughtful. The breakfast was superb as was the meal we had on the friday evening.
The Room was clean and more than adequate. We found the Shower to be fine, although the Staff did warn us that the pressure is low. This is understandable as it is in a rural area.
All in all i would not hesitate to recommend the Merrymouth if you want a relaxing base to visit the Cotswolds.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Merrymouth Inn

Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Inn was easy to find and had a large car park plus we were made very welcome by all the staff.The food was much more than above average,and we regret eating at a local 4 star Hotel for a late lunch rather than having our evening meal at the Merrymouth Inn.Their " Duck meal" was the best I have ever had,and like others we enjoyed their breakfast. In respect of "Value for money in the Cotswolds" this Inn will be hard to beat!!!

Room Tip: We were warned about the shower difficulties,and should it continue would hope they either get it f...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We visited with our Canadian relatives. Good location, ample parking, lovely garden and seating area, full English breakfast was excellent. Having read other reviews and then using the rooms and showers however we began to think we were in a different place.
Stay here if you are happy to have a shower which is either scalding or freezing despite how long you wait for it to stabilise at a useable safe temperature. Notices stating that the water pressure was low and therefore the showers could be unpredictable just seemed to be an excuse for that fact that in rooms 2,4, and 5 the showers did not work properly at all. The bathrooms were not particularly clean.
Any consideration of the value for money was marred by to the above issues and we would not return.

Room Tip: Can only comment on rooms detailed in our review.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tony M
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Me and a few friends were on a cycling trip from Amsterdam to Gloucester. We had been sleeping in a tent on the side of the roads until it had a turn for the worst :( we but a search in on google and noticed the very low rate compared to the others in the Cotswold area. We only had enough between us to pay for a double room and ask if the legend landlord Bill would mind 3 of us using the room, after hearing out story he was more than happy to help. Check in was at 22:00 And we were running late but are Bill was more than happy to wait for us. On arrival the rooms were so snug and comfortable with tea, coffee and all the toiletries we needed. Breakfast was quickly served and delicious!!! Thanks bill and the team if we are ever in the area again we will be in for a pint

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Dan S
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My daughter and I have just returned from a very pleasant and relaxing stay at the Merrymouth Inn. Our room was small but the beds were wonderfully comfortable and situated by a very pretty courtyard. We ate in the pub restaurant and the food was very good and with lots of choice. The breakfast was excellent and set us up well for the day. We visited Oxford whilst here and it was a relief to return to the peace and quiet of the Merrymouth after the hustle and bustle of the city. All in all a good choice for us and we will certainly return if we are in this neck of the woods again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AltrinchamJules
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Having just returned from my stay at the Merrymouth Inn, I felt that I had to tell everyone how I very much enjoyed my stay there. Bill and Mo who are the Landlord and Landlady of the Inn gave me a very warm welcome on arrival and even called me by my first name whcih made it very personal. It's a family run business and everyone makes you feel very homely. As I was travelling on my own they took the time to make me feel comfortable.
The room that I stayed in was a little tired however, it was very comfortable and I had a very good night's sleep.
The food which is cooked by the Landlord is amazing, all homecooked, massive portions and very tasty.
It's in a very good location for the Cotswolds and very good value for money.
I

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Poppy679
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have been staying at the Merrymouth for some months now, on business, and can't say enough good things about it. You are welcomed by the most friendly landlord and landlady into a 'real' pub/inn with a warm friendly glow and no pretention. All the bar staff are friendly and take time to make you feel at home, comfortable and talk to you in a relaxed way helping you relax.

Food is to die for, especially if you experience the Liver. It is home cooked quality food cooked to your your taste and requirements. Nothing is too much and there are no long waits that I experience in many other restaurants in this area and beyond.
If you enjoy a good English breakfast then you get a non greasy, full and appetising breakfast with as much tea, coffee and juice, toast etc etc that you want.

The rooms are comfortable, a little bit tired here and there, but you are guaranteed a good nights sleep waking up in the country. When I first arrived I was a little worried about the road alongside but the traffic volumes which are low are not heard, hence I keep returning.

For the Cotswolds area this represents really good value and would recommend for those that want to visit and see this area which is exquisite.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Graham H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fifield
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Restaurant
Number Four at Stow Hotel & Rest...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
#5 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
The Slaughters Manor House
The Slaughters Manor House
#2 of 2 in Lower Slaughter

Been to Merrymouth Inn? Share your experiences!