“Glad for the recommendation!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Torridge Inn

Torridge Inn
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Exeter
“Glad for the recommendation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend was recommended this pub by a friend. And it was fantastic. They had Rattler (lovely Cornish cider) and a beautiful terrace to watch the wildlife in the expansive views.
Sadly we were informed we couldn't eat outside but no bother. We had a nice table for two in a lovely local pub atmosphere.
My partner had heard that there used to be a waiting list for a table and if the food is anything to go by I can see why.
We odered duck spring rolls which were obviously handmade and with a rich plum hoi-sin.
I had a green vegetable coconut curry with coconut rice for less than 9 quid. It was beautiful. Crunchy, spicy, loads of umami and sweet, and such a rich sauce I could have slurped it out of the bowl. I live in Exeter, but will definitely visit asap. And again. And again!

• Visited September 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family are I are down for the weekend and we happened across this place after a walk along the river
The staff there are very friendly without being overpoweringly so as you can sometimes get
The Thai food was some of the best I've had in the UK and it was extremely well priced too
If we were living down here or visiting more often, then this would become a regular eating spot for me
Very impressive

• Visited August 2013
Great Torrington, United Kingdom
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Had a really tasty meal here last night midweek for a catch up with my friend. Staff were really pleasant and chatty, food was stunning tasted as good as it looked and presently beautifully. Even though the poor chef is in there on her own there isn't a long wait nothing crazy anyway. Really good value couple drinks each, shared starter and two mains for under £30!

• Visited August 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stumbled upon this gem and quite frankly would love nothing more than to keep it to ourselves but thats just mot fair!! GO GO GO and have the best food we have ever eaten in Devon, we lived there for 9 years and fine dining is hard to find, trust me! But no longer, we shall be back!!

• Visited July 2013
UK
“Authentic Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Thai food served at The Torridge just cannot be beaten. Nusara cooks everything from fresh with spices imported from Bangkok. Thai is one of my favourite foods and I am in heaven every time I visit the Torridge. Slowly working my way through the menu and not been disappointed yet. Booking pretty much essential.

• Visited July 2013