“Excellent transformation of a horrid pub”
Review of The Pheasant Inn

The Pheasant Inn
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Winnersh
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent transformation of a horrid pub”
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

This used to be "that pub" you stayed away from. You know... Every town has one. That local pub!

What a transformation! Having drank a few beers in "that pub", I can honestly say I was ASTONISHED I was eating in the same place!

It has totally transformed into a classy little restaurant, which clearly has a very experienced chef. The staff are polite and I can honestly compare the service and food to that of a top city restaurant (but with more character and a traditional feel, whilst a bill at half the price).

I'd recommend this restaurant thoroughly. I've been with both my partner and friends, and have enjoyed it every time. I'm even about to book for Sunday as it's my birthday!

My one and only gripe... Open on bank holidays! I called to book a table for 8 friends on May-day BH (Monday) and it was closed! In my opinion, this is a crazy decision as we went to the Bell and Dragon in Reading instead and it was HEAVING for lunch!

Quickly... Book a table before it gets a waiting list :D

1 Thank mugearsuk

Reading Berkshire UK
“Superb Food”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We went on a Friday evening as a family outing (We live in Earley) The staff were so nice and helpful. The food was cooked beautifully and we savoured every mouthful I had the Luanas Tuscany,.my wife had Spaghetti Carbonara and my son had the Lasagna. The range of startres was very good and interesting. We chose white and red wines and they came at tye right temperatures.

We had only one complaint and that was the fact that there was steady stream of people coming from all quarters of the pub to get to the loos, passing close to us all in both directions.

• Visited May 2012
Reading, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Visited here in mid April. Nice little place with a subtle dining room.
Nice and attentive staff who are friendly but not annoyingly in your face.
The food is absolutely fantastic here and it's rare I'll compliment food so much. Quite comparable to an AA Rosette in my opinion.
Only disappointment was that it was fairly quiet mid week and so there wasn't really much atmosphere but if that's all I can moan about then it can't be bad!!

Wokingham, United Kingdom
“A Pleasant Pheasant”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My wife and our two boys paid a visit on a Saturday night. The proprietors were very helpful and clearly care a lot about the food that they cook. My son had the burger that was home made. My wife had the lamb shank (needed slightly longer but still nice) and I had the Tuscany pork and beef stew. Again, good although a little heavy on the salt. Prices are reasonable but what counts is that they care about what they serve and what their customers think of it. Excellent place, I will definitely go back again.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Lee_in_Wokingham
Oswestry, UK
“Wonderful food!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Fantastic food & good value, Luanas Tuscany stew to die for! Strong Italian influence & all freshly cooked, superb.

Visited April 2012