Tripadvisor
Winnersh

“Useless Tuesday night 'service'”
Review of Bar + Block

Bar + Block
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Winnersh
Description: Pampas-sourced steaks head the varied menu at this easygoing, all-day steakhouse with a lively bar. Pop in and kick start your day with our tender steak + eggs for breakfast. Or sit back and enjoy one of our succulent steaks, available throughout the day ‘til late.
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Absolutely atrocious. I was advised to book, which I did. I arrived at 19:45 tonight to be told the grill was closed and they weren't accepting orders as they needed to catch up. I was asked to wait for half an hour in the bar and have a drink, which I had to stump up £5 for, no offer of compensation. I returned at 20:15 and waited five minutes in front of the reception before someone came over. I was then told I'd have to wait at least another 20 minutes. It's Tuesday night for crying out loud. Useless management.

1  Thank Z2992BZsimons
Write a reviewReviews (227)

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Ordered from the 10 minute express menu and despite there being just one other table occupied the food took 30 minutes. I ordered a veggie burger and was served duck. Sent it back and the veggie burger came with ingredients missing. Both our meals were bland. Such a shame as it could be a great local eaterie.

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Have been meaning to try here for a while and as we live quite close we popped in on a saturday afternoon for a leisurely lunch.
Seated very quickly as there were only a dozen tables in use and the restaurant is quite big.
Did not have to wait long before a bottle of water was placed on our table and drinks order taken then an adequate time given for us to decide on our order. Food was a bit hit and miss, we were given calconnon instead of truffle mash with our scallop starters and bacon was soggy not crispy. The steaks were full of flavour but both were meant to be medium rare but one was more towards medium.lovely to see a fresh fruit salad on a menu and would have easily served 2.
Now to the service, we had the perfect waitress in Lyndsey who was fully attentive but not pushy and made the dining experience pleasurable. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

Fantastic food and wonderful staff. Lyndsey our waitress was amazing and Dan the Manager was great looking after all his staff and making sure they were ok. The chefs were busy but very chilled.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Had a top notch steak for a very reasonable price, which in itself is pretty good. Especially when you compare the same product for 4x the price at the competitor brand in Reading town centre...

What sets this chain apart, or in the least, the new Winnersh restaurant, is the service. On the first visit, the team handled the 10-strong group of loud family members admirably. On my most recent visit, I attended with my partner and had properly attentive service, despite the eager Friday crowd and some difficult (fussy) customers on a nearby table. The staff were attentive and friendly.

We were looked after by 2 lovely people, Lindsey and Holly. They were very complimentary, kind, diligent, and friendly. I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

It was clear to us that it was a busy night, but we got talking about Unicorns with Lindsey, and were sold the Brunch realness by Holly, so will be attending this place real soon (we live a stone's throw away) and will look forward to seeing them again. Thanks guys!

#visimedia