“Family rooms”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Winnersh
wolverhampton
“Family rooms”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Family rooms are not big enough if you have 2 children i have a 13 yr old boy and a 5 yr old girl and the sofa bed is only 3ft so we had to do a makeshift bed for our 5yr old girl !!! Told reception and it was as they were reading off a script they just wasnt interested about the room size nice hotel but rooms not big enough

• Stayed July 2013
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Reading - M4, Jct 10, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. We apologise that you did not feel that the sofabed in your room was large enough for your 13 year old and 5 year old or that our reception team did not deal with your concerns to your satisfaction. We recommend in future that where possible you kindly consider two interconnecting rooms as this will certainly provide an ideal solution .We

We hope you managed to enjoy our extensive leisure facilities and to try our wonderful Caprice restaurant during your stay

Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed as part of a group going to Ascot Races on the Saturday, the hotel rooms are spotless and a good size and it was good to have a bath to soak in rather then just a shower. Food was excellent both nights we stayed, but what made the stay so good were the hotel personnel; all were welcoming, polite and helpful and nothing was too much trouble (including rearranging furniture to accommodate our large group). A special mention to the gentleman who looked after our large food and drinks orders all evening, until very late. We will definitely be staying again.

Leamington Spa
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited as a group of ten friends and only have positive comments to share. We had a day out at Ascot on the Saturday, catching the train from Winnersh Triangle, which was really convenient. I had requested an early check-in, but am always sceptical on arrival. However, we were able to check-in at 11.00 hrs., which no issues whatsoever. We decided to have our evening meal in the bar area as wanted to take advantage of the varied menu. Seeing food choices from the four corners of the world always makes me think that they're out of the freezer and in to a microwave. However, we all chose very different dishes and all were tasty and cooked to perfection. In fact, the steak sandwich on garlic ciabatta was probably the best I have ever had. The bar staff were friendly and attentive to us as a group, serving drinks as well as extras, for eg. chocolate chip cookies with the coffee. The rooms were well fitted, bed comfy and very clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel as a base for London attractions and will definitely be staying again in the future.

Rustington, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here for the weekend for a wedding nearby. Bit hard to find if your not on the M4 but worth it in the end. The rooms were so clean. Restaurant was excellent and a good atmosphere. The choices for breakfast were outstanding , and was served until 11am on Sat and Sun , which was very pleasant not having to rush.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Have just returned from a 2nd visit to this hotel (this time with a group of friends) and once again had a wonderful stay. Rooms are modern, comfortable and quiet, staff are exceptional and cannot do enough for you. Leisure facilities are good and the meals in the restaurant were of a very high standard. We used this hotel for a base while visiting Ascot racecourse as the train is just a couple of minutes walk away so really convenient. Will be back again next year, thanks for making our weekend truly perfect.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Although I only live 5 minutes away I booked for their day spa package which was excellent value. This is not a swishy spa, but it has a nice pool, sauna, steam room and gym. The beauty treatments by Dermalogica were excellent and very relaxing and the staff were friendly and helpful. The 2 course meal was also extremely good and their restaurant was smart with very attentive staff.

The whole hotel is quite cosmopolitan in style, and being there on a sunny day we could have been fooled into thinking we were somewhere more glamorous than Winnersh Triangle.

The only thing I would change is water available in the spa itself to stay hydrated during treatments, and use of aromatherapy to create a relaxing ambiance. Apart from that, I'm booked to go back and have several friends who want to come along next time too!

Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here - the hotel is modern, clean, welcoming and is close to work (Thames Valley Business Park), so I will be staying in this hotel regularly.

I really enjoyed the dining experience when I ate in the bar area. It is good to have a pianist playing which can sometimes be rare in business hotels, also the menu provided many choices.

The only couple of things I would add are:

- the fire alarm was set off at 1am on the 24th July which obviously woke me up and as a result I couldn't get back to sleep for quite a while which wasn't favourable as I had a series of meetings the following day so tiredness wasn't an option. On check-out I mentioned this and asked if I could be provided with extra points as an gesture of goodwill for this. I was told that the General Manager would be in contact with me, but I have not yet heard anything.

- I visited the gym twice during my stay and when I plugged my headphones into the cardio machines, I could not link up to the tv. I was told that it was not working and there were no radio stations either. I was a bit disappointed as there wasn't any music playing either in the gym so I could only hear the sounds of machines.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winnersh
Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11
Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel
Hilton Reading
Hilton Reading
#3 of 31 in Reading
Travelodge Winnersh Triangle
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow

Been to Holiday Inn Reading - M4, Jct 10? Share your experiences!