“Wonderful place with great people” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miura Hotel

Miura Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Celadna
Bremen, Germany
“Wonderful place with great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Last September I organized a small event for our client from Germany. I never heard before about this hotel. It was totally unexpected for me to find such a modern hotel in that region. The architecture is very clean, surprising, celebrating art and the surrounding nature.
But what I appreciated most, was the hotel staff – friendly and very helpful in every kind of my requests. We worked together as a team to reach client´s expectations. And we succeeded. The best testimonial for our done job is the next group of the client coming in February.
I´m looking forward to stay in the hotel again and work together with the team!

Room Tip: Every room has a great view to the mountains
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Hanna M
Simona S, Reservation&Revenue Manager at Miura Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for such an encouraging review, I let know the staff about your kind words toward their work, All of us tried to make our best to make your clients satisfied.
Thank you very much for being our guest and looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you here again.
Kind Regards, Simona Šnytová, Reservation&Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
Tachov, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was on a business trip in Ostrava and was recommended the Miura hotel in Celadna. I was suprised when I came there - in the middle of nowhere a stunning structure of amazing design that I have never seen before. Lobby looked like it comes from the space emphasized by the reception's alien design and strange sculptures of massive sizes scattered around the outside.. I went directly to the spa, and I was amazed - big jacuzzi, many different saunas, crimson red steambath and jazz music playing all along. Later I went to my hotel room, at first I found it strange, I was surrounded only with concrete, however the design was very modern. Sink in the middle of the room, right next to the bed, created an amazing effect of simplicity. Despite the perfect furnitureand modern TV, the room's main attribute was a marvelous view on the local mountains. Later I had a dinner in the restaurant, which was very impressive. Good music, great paintings (all important originals as I was told) and excellent food. I ordered a duck, which was really great and I was very satisfied. After that I saw the bar, which was however closed due to some event, yet its interior looked brilliant, just like in very good bars somewhere in London.
Last thing to add, the service was very good at all times and I couldn't be more pleased.
I had no idea such a magnificent hotel was located here and I can't wait to pay another visit. Soon.
Ivo

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ivo P
Simona S, Reservation & Revenue Manager at Miura Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your positive review. All our team is delighted to have such a great feedback not only on our services but design, art and hotel architecture as well. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.
Kind Regards, Simona Šnytová, Reservation & Revenue Manager.
Poznan, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Congratulations to the architects of LABOR 13 for this futuristic project!

The hotel fits into surroundings fantastically. External wing with rooms (part A and C) are higher than the middle part of the lobby and restaurant - looking at the building from a distance one has the impression the hotel shape corresponds to the two highest mountains in the area (Lysa Gora and Smrk) and the pass between them! Thus, the view from every room is breathtaking additionally completed by a varied terrain of the golf course!

Total consequence of colors - in this monochromatic interior one dominant color has been introduced. Fuchsia occurs on the glass door to the bathroom, in the dressing room curtain, chairs in the waiting room in the spa and lobby.The entire storage for golf clubs (not skis!) is also magenta as well as the inner walls of loggias or one of the works of art on the wall of the staircase.
Moreover, guests will find art on every step - you can enjoy a little trip around (and inside) the building in search of Warhol, Dokoupil, Basquiat, Kapoor (special map and descriptions of the authors and the works available at the front desk). David Cerny stands out from the entrance - its sculpted family Krychloids completely conquered the hotel.

Referring to previous comments of reviewers:
1. Water from the shower pours out to the whole bathroom - let it spill! Floor and walls are concrete, so nothing will happen to them. The advantage - the shower is large enough for two :)
2. Sink in the room - at last! how much space for cosmetics! Tooth brushing with such a view outside the window is unforgettable!
3. Too hot - it is hot but one telephone to the reception desk and they are able to lower the temperature.

IT'S THE DESIGN THAT RULES HERE! Let's notice and appreciate the small things.
Take a traditional doorknob tag with "do not disturb" or "clean my room". You will not see here a torn and used up cardboard - it is replaced by fuchsia magnets which strictly adhere to a magnetic painted doors! Simple but pleases the eye!
All furniture are world-class design. Just to mention Ron Arad's Victoria&Albert chair...

Kitchen concept follows the whole idea. You should not defend yourself from being tempted to a degustation menu. It consists of 5 mini courses which are in the seasonal menu. Try "cones" ("sisky") for dessert! That will be fun!

The spa is soothing. Totally white reception (Star Trek's detoxification room) moves you into a state of relaxation. Big jacuzzi I would gladly borrow to my home! Saunas choice perplexes - from which to start? I think I'll be back - three nights it's not enough.

Upon departure I left a short questionnaire filled with a small negative remark. I was pleasantly surprised by the email-feedback from the reservation&revenue manager -the matter has been explained in the blink of an eye! They really care for their clients!

I came back home with a golf ball for remembrance - a gift from the hotel for every guest. She will not give me peace. I must be back out there and learn to play golf definitely!

Don't hesitate! Try it with me!

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor in part A can be louder - they are on the main route to the restaurant...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carrot11
Dear Guest,
thank you for your kind words of encouragement. We are really deilghted to note that we have met your expectations not only in the matter of design but in the matter of hotel services as well. We will be pleased to welcoming you back to the hotel. Kind Regards, Simona Šnytová, Reservation & Revenue Manager
Ostrava, Moravskoslezsky Kraj, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

With my girlfriend we decided to spend in this beautiful hotel, this New Year's Eve. It was an excellent choice and I'm sure I will come back in the future. Very friendly staff, great spa, excellent food, wonderful rooms and pleasant environment.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mara_M89
Simona S, Reservation and Revenue Manager at Miura Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear guest,
thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at Miura Hotel. We are glad to hear you have been satisfied with your stay and will be pleased welcoming you back to the hotel.
Kind Regards, Simona Šnytová, Reservation and Revenue Manager
frankfurt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The design of the hotel looks good from outside, a prison like place inside. However the staff are totally unhelpful and not friendly. The design from the inside of your room is not guest friendly. They want it as a monument to design, rather than have guests spoil their work of art!!!

No one offered to help with bags to the room. The shower sprays over the toilet. The sink is in the middle of the bedroom- not nice if you want to for example shave and your girlfriend has to watch this? The room is very hard to share if you like a bit of privacy from your partner. The lighting is too bright or too dark. What were the designers thinking? Looks good, but is uncomfortable. The room had dusty shelves, not often used I guess.

Breakfast was a joke- no one to show you the table and no one offered coffee of tea. We asked why we got charged for two latee coffees we asked for at the bar in the breakfast area. We were told we were offered coffee at the table. This was not true, but the waitress insisted she offered coffee to us. So basically we were told we were liars in this instance!!! The staff just did not care about us.The quality of the selection of food was basic and poor quality, worthy of a 2-3 star hotel.

There is no evidence of someone taking management of the staff. They seem more interestend in looking good, than having the bother of guests to serve. We were asked about our stay on departure. They did nothing to address out bad experience.

We went to a hotel 100 meters near bye- The owner was so friendly and served us some coffee. He values his guest and I would have rather feel welcome in a cheaper more basic designed hotel, than be treated with such disrespect.

AVOID THIS PLACE AND SPEND YOUR MONEY WHERE THEY WANT GUESTS IS MY TIP!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Englishtravelingrose
Simona S, Reservation and Revenue Manager at Miura Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Hello from Miura Hotel,
thank you very much for taking your time to address your comments to us, the feedback from all of our clients is very important to us and it helps us to improve our quality and services.
We are sorry for your negative experience during your short stay /1 night/, when you probably didn´t absorb the real atmosphere of art gallery and modern design presented in whole MIURA hotel as well as awarded the MIURA wellness&spa. Our aim is to be unique therefore some furnishings can look unusual and may not suit everyone.
Nevertheless we appreciate your comments and regarding the breakfast and staff manner, we have made already necessary steps to avoid similar issues or misunderstanding in the future. Please feel free to contact hotel directly and describe closer your observations and I will personally make sure that every possible step will be taken to improve our performance in this field as well.
We really hope that this first experience with us won't deter you from returning to MIURA hotel and we make sure that during your next stay we show you the quality and first class service you deserve.
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I spent only 1 night at Design hotel Miura, it was an incredible experience in all aspect - service, food, people, beuatiful spa, design rooms etc. Very modern design of joints ensure high comfort and maintaining a very pleasant climate. I'd be delighted to visit this hotel again. I can fully recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Simona S, Reservation & Revenue Manager at Miura Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Katerina,
we appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice comment regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at Miura Hotel we would like to thank you for your business and hope to welcome you again.
Kind Regards, Simona Šnytová, Reservation & Revenue Manager
Tampere
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Great design, service and view to the mountain area. This is your favourite hotel if you like design.

Getting a good nights sleep might be a problem if you are a light sleeper. Concrete floors in rooms and corridors amplify noises of footsteps to be very loud and they can be heard everywhere because there are no carpets to dampen them. People walking and pulling luggage bags can be heard loudly. Noises of people talking on the corridor can keep you awake because there is no sound isolation and there is a large gap under room door. Temperature in the room was very hot because of underfloor heating and it could not be adjusted in the room. Due to the hot temperature and noises it was very hard to get any sleep.

Room Tip: Avoid selecting room on the first floor along the corridor that leads to the restaurant. There is us...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank David J
Dear David,
thank you for your review of the Miura Hotel following your stay with us. Firstly, I am glad you enjoyed the hotel design,services and the mountains. In regard to the noise in the corridors, because of the materials used in the building we can unfortunately do much about it. In regard to the room temperature we are trying to set the most suitable temperature for our guests, hope it will be set upon your next visit.
Thank you again for your review.
All the Best, Simona Šnytová, Reservation & Revenue Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celadna
Horsky Hotel Celadenka
#1 of 4 in Ostravice
AGH Hotel
AGH Hotel
#1 of 6 in Roznov pod Radhostem

Been to Miura Hotel? Share your experiences!