“Nice Hrad”

41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Nice Hrad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great place to see, but be on time for the guidetour. It is the only we to visit this lovely place. Also the scenery around is very pleasant. A great thing to do with children.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gerard1961

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful Castle Terrible Guide!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very excited to walk around my first Czech Castle.Set in beautiful surroundings and countryside. You can only walk around the castle with an excursion and guide. We were the only couple on the tour my husband speaks Czech but I dont, The guide didnt even introduce himself or Welcome us to the tour which I found unprofessional, i found his body language disengaging and not bothered.My husband assured me that he had good knowledge so I guess I will just have to trust him on that one! I was thrusted a photocopied English Guide in a cheap plastic folder (which you have to give back) and had to guess what I was looking at as the guide doesnt let you know which section you are in which I found really irritating unless you are Czech! So I guess the tour is great if you are Czech or speak Czech and very poor if you dont.

Visited April 2013
Petah Tiqwa, Israel
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“The Castle is beautiful, the excursion is only in Czech”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

The castle is very impressive, but you can walk around it only with excursion. There are 3 kinds of excursions, we chose the one with torture chambers. All the excursions are in Czech. We don't understand Czech, and we got some papers with information in English. It didn't help a lot. We were really interested in all the torture chamber stuff, and we had to read about this later on the internet. The excursion doesn't walk around the whole castle, and I think there much more things to see.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Anna M
Austin
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“a 'must' stop if visiting Prachovske Skaly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

This castle is just 15min drive away from the beautiful, touris-frequented natural wonder of Prachovske Skaly (amazing unique "forest" of tall rocks you can hike through and around in hours in admiration) ... so if you go, I highly recommend both: the rocks and this castle ... it is a perfect day-trip. We did the castle in the morning, "Prachovske skaly" in the afternoon)

Apart from being uniquely shaped and preserved from the outside this castle has an amazing collection of shooting weapons of all kinds and shapes spanning over centuries inside, The other very remarkable things not to miss is the kitchen (very well equipped). And the "must" is the dungeon (mucirna) or torture chamber: an unique collection of all conceivable medieval torture tools. The tour guide will narate very interestingly, it will capture adults as well as the kids.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Lucie_tx
Nachod, Czech Republic
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Huge rock but not silent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

Kost means bone but this castle is really made of tons of rock and stone. It´ s situated in "Czech Paradise", which is an amazing region full of natural and historical monuments.

1 Thank Lenka77