The Kewarra Beach Resort is about 15 minutes north of Cairns Airport, situated between Cairns and Palm Cove. On arrival you are met with a lovely fruit punch drink whilst your baggage is taken to your room (Moud). There are varying types of Moud - Rainforest, Lagoon or Beachfront. We had a Rainforest (Pandanous Moud). The staff escort you through the grounds to your Moud and ensure you are settled. The Moud was of a very good size with beautiful wood flooring (honeymooners beware, any bed movement may make alot of noise on that floor)!!! All doors and windows are netted to keep out any unwelcome visitors! The Bathroom is also of a good size with bath and separate shower. TV, Tea/Coffee facilities, hairdryer, safe, clock radio all provided. The decor did look a little dated, but it was all good quality and in good condition. The only negative was the Air Con unit - it was very noisy. Fortunately we didn't really need it, and there are ceiling fans in both the bedroom and bathroom which are quite effective. We found the Moud a little dark inside and needed the lights on but hey we had booked a room in a rainforest so yes, it is a little buried in undergrowth! The groundsmen were busy chopping away so the grounds are well maintained. The restaurant is a large open thatched area where we found the staff to be superb and very attentive. Breakfast is buffet style, however you can also opt for a full cooked choice. The evenings meals were of a very high standard and the menu offered a good range of choices. Main courses averaged approx $AU35. The hotel has two pools. The larger of the two, which is near the restaurant, has a swim through cave , spa pool and waterfall and the smaller pool is split with a waterfall separating the two. Both pools provide towels and also have a telephone to enable you to order drinks or food to be brought to you. There is also a large lagoon (not for swimming) where the ducks, fish & turtles reside. The hotel provides bread at the edge of the lagoon for guests to feed them - kids will enjoy this. The beach is very quiet and a couple of hammocks are provided. Again a cabin on the beach provides towels & that handy phone for drinks! There is also a laundry on site with washing machines, dryers & irons available for guests to use. Washing powder can be purchased from reception $AU1.50. Very handy if you are travelling around the country and restricted on clothing. Make use of the dryers, things take a long time to dry in this area. We hired a car however didn't feel it was really necessary as the hotel operates a shuttle to both the airport and to Cairns centre. As the hotel is situated in a residential area there isn't really any shops or restaurants in walking distance (little supermarket with ATM about 5-10 minutes walk). If you book any trips the majority of them will pick you up directly from Kewarra Beach. There is a little souvenir shop in reception where you can also book a variety of trips/tours. We found all that staff to be very attentive and helpful. If I head back to this part of Australia again I will definately be staying at Kewarra Beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 20 minutes from Cairns in picturesque tropical North Queensland set on 30 acres of lush landscaped rainforest gardens this private boutique beachfront property provides the ultimate Australian vacation experience. With a focus on environmental sensitivity, superb cuisine & world class service, while boasting extensive botanical gardens with detached secluded suites & spacious private bungalows it’s no surprise that this wonderfully romantic hideaway has become a firm favourite with honeymooners & nature lovers the world over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kewarra Beach Resort And Spa
- Kewarra Beach Hotel Kewarra Beach