“Love everything about it, especially the hammocks by the beach......”

Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kewarra Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 10, 2007

What can I say, we were picked up from the airport & were welcomed with a fruit cocktail drink on arrival. I had a beach front cabin which was amazing to wake up to every morning. There were also 2 hammocks by the beach where you could spend hours just watching the ocean........the food was amazing, the staff were extremely friendly & professional, the swimming pools were like nothing I'd ever seen before, totally in keeping with the resort, this is the place I would return to again & again for rest & recouperation. The wine list was to die for, what more can I say, this is the nicest place I have ever stayed........

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled solo
5  Thank CorkBunny
There are newer reviews for Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed January 10, 2007

Wow! This place was a little bit of paradise. We spent 4 nights here over Christmas 2006 - the first time either of us have been away from home and our families at that time of year, and I can't think of many better places to have been.

The accommodation is straightforward enough with bath & shower room, mini bar, tv etc, although we were in the cheaper end of the accommodation so no doubt you can have more if you want it. The rooms are set amongst the rainforest literally a stone's throw from the beach - each has a lovely deck area where you can sit out and just lap up the surroundings.

There are two swimming pools, one of which on a split level with a waterfall. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the restaurant is very good with a wide selection of meals to suit most tastes.

We were in two minds as to whether to go to Cairns or not, but after this trip we'll definitely include it on our itinerary for future trips, with Kewarra Beach top of our list for accommodation

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank proudy74
Reviewed December 26, 2006

After reading the reviews on Kewarra Beach resort decided to try it out. We spent 6 nights in the Wallaby Moud. We booked through Asiarooms and got the room for $150/night. The bungalow had a small "room" with bunk beds in it for the kids, but the wall did not go to the ceiling which had its pros and cons. The airconditioning was in the main bedroom and having the short wall allowed for air circulation. However, the child in the top bunk could sit up and look over the wall...so there was not the privacy we expected and the TV noise kept the kids awake. I would not consider our bungalow to be luxurious by any standard. The bathroom was quite small and dated. I had to be careful about hanging clothes to dry on the shower because of rust. The king sized bed was two beds pushed together and we were falling into the space in the middle. The ice cube tray in the freezer was covered in mold.

The grounds were very nice and tropical, but we felt more like we were in nice gardens than a rainforest. The pools are not heated and on two occasions there were no towels at the pool. The resort was quite large so it was a cold wet walk back to the room. We did not go to the beach at all, they had a net up for jellyfish, but after a couple crocodile eco-talks my kids would not go near any beaches. The restaurant left day old bread down by the pond in a wooden box. The kids enjoyed getting up early to go feed the turtles and fish in the pond.

The restaurant was expensive, we only ate there one evening having just soup and salad.

We had a rental car and I would have serious reservations about staying here without a vehicle. The location was good for us as we spent time in Cairns, Port Douglas, Daintree and Kuranda.

The staff were pleasant enough, but nothing to rave about. I can see why some people like this resort.

• Stayed: November 2006
3  Thank expat2
Reviewed December 17, 2006

This was my second stay at Kewarra beach Resort. Have been there also 7 years ago. I will definitely go back again some day. The rooms are actually small houses scattered around in a rainforest park. Excellent friendly staff that give you a warm welcome at arrival. There is a private beach and several beautiful swimmingpools. The restaurant serve excellent meals some of the best we had on our monthly long stay in Australia. This is probably the most exciting and exotic place I ve ever stayed at. Dont miss staying here if you travel to Cairns.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank Swedish_Traveller
Reviewed December 12, 2006

From the pick up at the airport it was an enjoyable experience. The staff are so friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
The resort is amazing with a tropical landscape,2 lagoon like swimming pools, private bungalows and great access to a picturesque beach.
The food was mouth watering at every meal and the chef was very accomodating for non meat eaters like myself.
I spent a very enjoyable week there and did not want to leave when it was time to go home.
I would recomend it for anyone wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city for a relaxing and romantic getaway.
I hope to visit again one day.

Marie

Reviewed December 10, 2006

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
7  Thank Ellemay
Reviewed December 9, 2006

Wow! I am a tough critic ... but this place blew me away. This is a special memory in my mind - and stands out above many of the places I have visited in the world ...

From the moment you arrive at the airport with the complementary pickup and drive to the hotel ... to the woman awaiting with a frozen fruit drink ... to check-in the the thatched roof tropical dream ... to the tour of the hotel, the grounds, etc ... to your room ... this was unbelievable ...

We ate at the restaurant one night ... it was nice ... the food/service was pleasant ... nothing as magnificent as the stay ... without upsetting anyone ... Australia isnt a place to go for food ...

The bar was great ... we were often the only ones having a drink ... we sampled the many Aussie beers ... it felt much like a dream sitting at the bar in the jungle like outdoor venue ... surreal ...

We only had two night ... we could have stayed a week there ... we are not the relaxation type ... but this hit the spot ... the beach was closed due to crocs and jellyfish ... but the scenery was just as nice ...

We opted on night two for local delivery of pizza ... and a surprise was how good the pizza was ... great great pizza ... there were two pizza places ... I cant recall which one was better ... awesome food ... and MUCH cheaper than the restaurant ... the end result is the same ... so save $$ for the barrier reef ...

We used Quiksilver tours ... it went seemlessly ... recommend it - it is expensive but a once in a lifetime experience to visit the reef ... Enjoy! Travel On!

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled as a couple
Sarayi Boutique Hotel
Sarayi Boutique Hotel
#7 of 8 in Palm Cove
Peppers Beach Club & Spa

Been to Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!