After reading the reviews on Kewarra Beach resort decided to try it out. We spent 6 nights in the Wallaby Moud. We booked through Asiarooms and got the room for $150/night. The bungalow had a small "room" with bunk beds in it for the kids, but the wall did not go to the ceiling which had its pros and cons. The airconditioning was in the main bedroom and having the short wall allowed for air circulation. However, the child in the top bunk could sit up and look over the wall...so there was not the privacy we expected and the TV noise kept the kids awake. I would not consider our bungalow to be luxurious by any standard. The bathroom was quite small and dated. I had to be careful about hanging clothes to dry on the shower because of rust. The king sized bed was two beds pushed together and we were falling into the space in the middle. The ice cube tray in the freezer was covered in mold.
The grounds were very nice and tropical, but we felt more like we were in nice gardens than a rainforest. The pools are not heated and on two occasions there were no towels at the pool. The resort was quite large so it was a cold wet walk back to the room. We did not go to the beach at all, they had a net up for jellyfish, but after a couple crocodile eco-talks my kids would not go near any beaches. The restaurant left day old bread down by the pond in a wooden box. The kids enjoyed getting up early to go feed the turtles and fish in the pond.
The restaurant was expensive, we only ate there one evening having just soup and salad.
We had a rental car and I would have serious reservations about staying here without a vehicle. The location was good for us as we spent time in Cairns, Port Douglas, Daintree and Kuranda.
The staff were pleasant enough, but nothing to rave about. I can see why some people like this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 20 minutes from Cairns in picturesque tropical North Queensland set on 30 acres of lush landscaped rainforest gardens this private boutique beachfront property provides the ultimate Australian vacation experience. With a focus on environmental sensitivity, superb cuisine & world class service, while boasting extensive botanical gardens with detached secluded suites & spacious private bungalows it’s no surprise that this wonderfully romantic hideaway has become a firm favourite with honeymooners & nature lovers the world over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kewarra Beach Hotel Kewarra Beach
- Kewarra Beach Resort And Spa