Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa
Paradise Palms(Kewarra Beach)(Great Value!)
$126
$75
  • Pool
Marlin Cove Holiday Resort(Trinity Beach)(Great Value!)
$204
getaroom.com
$223
$174
Alamanda Palm Cove by Lancemore(Palm Cove)(Great Value!)
$252
$128
Agoda.com
Mantra Amphora(Palm Cove)(Great Value!)
$99
$86
  • Pool
Sarayi Boutique Hotel(Palm Cove)(Great Value!)
$87
$259
$197
  • Pool
Paradise On The Beach Resort Palm Cove(Palm Cove)(Great Value!)
$93
$81
Priceline
Half Moon Bay Resort(Yorkeys Knob)(Great Value!)
$89
$78
Priceline
Peppers Beach Club & Spa(Palm Cove)(Great Value!)
$208
$182
1,189 results
All reviewsprivate beachpalm coveour honeymoonrock poolsbeach bartropical rainforestwelcome drinkbeach frontthe great barrier reefmain buildingport douglaspaperbark restaurantbeachfront bungalowpizza nighthired a carcairns areatrinity beach
Reviewed August 28, 2013

What a truly wonderful place to wind down and relax. To sleep at night listening to the waves rolling in and out, was complete bliss. The grounds were immaculate and the pool was warm enough to swim in during "winter". The food in the restaurant was superb, although a little pricey if you had to eat there every night. There was a wide selection of food at breakfast and any special items requested were supplied with a friendly smile. All staff were very friendly and engaging. However, it is a good idea to hire a car to experience all Far North Queensland has to offer.

Room Tip: Bungalows on the beach front are a bonus - the further away from the beach shack when they have weddings, the better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was told I'm going to the best hotel in Cairns area. And... Maybe it was true. The standard of hotels there must be then very low. Reception area is nice , first impression OK, service very friendly, as usually in Australia. But then we arrive to the room.... If you are a bat- lover, you are in heaven. Just in front of your doors , There is a plenty of them , and very big ones. The room is rather worn-out, not very clean, doors almost impossible to lock ( yes, I know Australia is very safe country).
Beach is nice, although beach bar needs to be build once more, with better design and finishing.... Ok, with any design and any finishing. General look of the beach area is like nobody cares. Breakfast - no choice at all. Pool and pool area- just unpleasant and a bit dirty. After excellent accommodation in Sydney it was like step back...or two steps.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Kewarra, General Manager at Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Magad,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our friendly service. Since your stay in May we have renovated the pathways, installed brand new "ultra plush" pillow top beds in every room and have fitted a pool heater in our romantic "Rock Pool".

What we do not want to alter is our beach line in any way, it has a natural charm which is what Kewarra is really all about. Our Beach Shack is designed to look like a shack and it works well. We currently have a waiting list for our Friday pizza nights for up to 3 weeks at a time, a reflection that the design is working quite nicely. As for the bats, yes we are lucky enough to see some fruit bats occasionally use our trees to have their day-nap before heading off at night to source fresh fruit from the tablelands. We also have wallabies, lace monitors, scrub hens and bandicoots onsite too.

I am pleased to learn you also enjoyed your Sydney hotel experiences, I would argue though that a 5-star Sydney hotel is very similar to any other 5-star hotel in the world. What we are proud to represent here at Kewarra Beach Resort, is a unique relaxed beachfront resort, which gives all of our guests who look for it, a sense of the real Australia.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The grounds are beautiful. You really do feel like you are staying in the rainforest. There is a lot of cool wildlife roaming around the resort. Paul at the frontdesk was beyond accommodating and so very helpful. Also, the resort has free wifi which is a plus.
We stayed in a pandanus romantic bungalow. It was nothing special, just a little bungalow. I didn't really like that the fridge and coffee area was in the bathroom. I wished they were separated somehow. But other than that it was fine. The beach is really pretty, but not very private as the public access to the beach is right next door. I was very disappointed by the beach shack. It sounded like a fun place to go hang out, but it's only open on the weekends, and it's always filled with locals. The first night there was a kids birthday party going on so there were screaming children running around everywhere and the 2nd night it was closed for a wedding. So it was disappointing that as guests of the resort, there was no way we could enjoy it.
I would definitely recommend hiring a car while you stay here. There is not much to do at the resort. Palm Cove is a cute little town close by with shops and restaurants along the beach. You can even walk to Palm Cove along the beach - it takes about 45 minutes. Also Port Douglas is nice, and Cairns is close by as well.
Overall this was a nice resort, but not as great as I had expected.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

As non residents we had a great day on the beach, a wonderful three course lunch (good kids menu with proper food), sundowners at the beach bar (book) and very friendly and helpful staff.
Quality service in a beautiful spot.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Paradise. When I was looking up hotels in the Cairns/Port Douglas area I had a very hard time finding one directly on the beach. But that is why I chose the Kewarra Beach Resort. I was very glad that I did. Kewarra Beach is so beautiful. People said that my photos looked like the most beautiful beach they had ever seen. Lined by palm trees and the Daintree Rain Forest yet being on a gorgeous beach. The best of both worlds. We were not exactly in Cairns nor port douglas, so every time we wanted to do something we had to trek into town. So what? It was well worth it because we stayed ON THE BEACH!! Directly on it. Not across the street from it like so many other hotels. Not in a crowded city. But in a very private secluded beach cottage. Wow. Beautiful butterflies and birds, nice daily breakfast and very personal amazing service. I would go back again and stay there in a heartbeat. They took such good care of us. Oh, did I mention that we were ON THE BEACH! That was my vision for the trip, to be right on the beach, not around it, and we were. Get beach cottages instead of lagoon or others. The pool was way to cold to swim in. No one was even in there. Sure, it was winter, but still, the Ocean wasn't too cold to swim in but the pool sure was. Yikes. But even so, the pool landscaping was fantastic, so it was even amazing to look at. We took taxis up to Port Douglas to the wildlife habitat and to the Reef Sprinter snorkeling cruise. They were well worth the trips. We took a big boat out of Cairns for a day long snorkeling cruise. Not worth it. Too commercial and crowded, and so many tourists are too hard on the poor reefs. Go to Port Douglas for a couple of day trips and eat at Palm Cove some time. Kewarra beach is beautiful and this resort was wonderful. we loved it. It was a little rustic compared to like a Ritz Carlton or something, but it's on a beach in a rain forest, and it was the perfect style considering that fact. loved, loved, loved this place.

Room Tip: Get a beach cottage. We had cottages numbers one and two. Right on the freaking beach people! see the sunrise every day, totally private, walk out your front door and be on the gorgeous beach. The beach there was beautiful and I slept with my blinds open so I could see the sunrise each morning. (I don't even like mornings). What a beautiful sight to wake up to. Beach cottages 1 and 2 are also right next to the lobby/lodge/restaurant which we also really liked. Hearing Rain Forest sounds all night since I kept my screen door on instead of the glass and no curtains. I was in heaven. It's the best way to sleep!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family