Kewarra Beach resort is amazingly private and lovely. The resort is tucked away in a suburban neighborhood outside the city of Cains. Since it's about a 20 minute car ride (50 minute bus ride) from Cains, you have to plan how you will go about. But make no mistake, this is an absolutely amazing resort to stay at. A couple great features:
1. The beach is all yours: It's seriously private and quiet when my wife and I went in July and it was so pristine and quiet. If you go up to Palm Cove, it gets a little busier. If you are looking for super quiet and relaxing, Kewarra is where it is at.
2. Friendly staff: I love how they know your first names immediately and remember them. We struck up so many good conversations with the staff. Heather, Damien, Peter, and others all made the stay so inviting. We spent time talking with Damien who knows 8 languages, Heather who lived in the area for 20 years, and Peter who was just super friendly.
3. Lovely bungalows: We got the Pipi and it was fantastic and literally a minute walk out to the beach. Just wonderful.
4. Great food: The food is on the pricey side (but everything is pricey in Australia), but the quality is really good. If you aren't in the mood to eat at the resort, the next best thing is Kewarra Village Take Out where they have the best steak and fish burgers and chips. A long 30 minute walk there, but just a lovely walk through the neighborhood.
5. Fun animals: What other resort will you find the possibility of crocodiles, bats, monitor lizards, frogs, and other exotic birds. I'm saying this as a very positive thing, so don't be frightened away. I didn't see "George" the monitor lizard, but I did see some amazing little butterflies, kookaburas, and little odd creatures around.
6. Really lovely arrangements: The staff at Kewarra can help you plan your entire trip out. We stayed for 8 days and came in with zero plans. We knew we wanted to go to the reef, Daintree rainforest, and Kuranda. So Heather, one of the receptionist, spent a good deal of time helping us out. She also made the AMAZING suggestion to go to Paranello Park and helped us with the rental car arrangements. For the more adventurous, I highly RECOMMEND renting a car and driving up and down Highway 1 for some fantastic views. The staff again are super friendly and patiently help you plan when you don't have an idea what to do.
The only tough part about the resort again is that it is NOT near Cairns. You have to make the trek out there by bus or car (both of which we did). That might turn some people off, especially if you want to look for good restaurants in the city. But I think it's a big plus to be far away.
So yes, book with Kewarra Resort. We were not disappointed and it was the highlight of our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 20 minutes from Cairns in picturesque tropical North Queensland set on 30 acres of lush landscaped rainforest gardens this private boutique beachfront property provides the ultimate Australian vacation experience. With a focus on environmental sensitivity, superb cuisine & world class service, while boasting extensive botanical gardens with detached secluded suites & spacious private bungalows it’s no surprise that this wonderfully romantic hideaway has become a firm favourite with honeymooners & nature lovers the world over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kewarra Beach Hotel Kewarra Beach
- Kewarra Beach Resort And Spa