We purchased a Holiday Deal through Cudo for 4 nights in a 1 bedroom apartment. Our friends who have 3 young children (ages 6mths to 8yrs) also purchased the same deal. The deal included 2 games of golf each day (inc golf buggy) and several rounds of Putt-Putt Golf.
Upon arrival we received a friendly welcome and check in was a smooth process. The apartment overlooked one of the pools and also in the distant the golf course, the main pool, playground area and Putt-Putt Golf. The rooms themselves were very modern and well presented. The kitchen itself catered for all your cooking requirements.
The complex is family friendly with a massive playground area and pool well designed for all kids’ ages. The kids enjoyed a few rounds of Putt Putt golf and jumping on the massive jumping pillow. The main pool with the playground is open to the public however the hotel pool is only available to the hotel patrons.
The boys played golf every day however due to the constant rains they were restricted as to where they could drive the golf buggy (which was fair enough). Overall they enjoyed the course – some tough holes but always a challenge.
We didn’t experience a meal in the restaurant as we cooked our meals each night within our apartment (self contained), but the menu looked reasonable. We did have a few drinks after we arrived at the bar and sat and overlooked the golf course and watched the rain. The drinks were a tad steep so we ended up purchasing our own beverages and drunk them on our balconies which was also enjoyable on a hot barmy night.
There isn’t much around the place that is walking distance. Any attractions, the beach or even your local supermarket you will require transportation, unless you’re happy to walk a couple of hours there and back. We were fine with walking however the humidity got to us at the end. We ended up hiring a car after the first day which allowed us to explore more on our own. We did on the first day walk to the beach however was restricted with where you could swim due to the jelly fish. There are areas which contain nets that you can swim within but they are few and far between.
Being in March we did experience rain several days but it was hot rain and the humidity was high. The locals and businesses all seem laid back and relaxed. Nothing seems to bother them.
If we were trying to find faults with the complex it would be some the gardens and ponds around the golf course. The main walk ways leading around the complex is fine and always well up-kept, however noticed the ponds looking out from the bar towards the golf course and especially putt putt golf contained a lot of loose rubbish and old looking foliage.
Overall both us and the other family enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone especially with a family or even a fanatic golfer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated between two natural wonders - World Heritage Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef - Paradise Palms Resort & Country Club is a world-class destination just 20 minutes north of Cairns in the heart of Tropical North Queensland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Palms Resort & Country Club Hotel Kewarra Beach
- Paradise Palms Resort And Country Club
- Paradise Palms Hotel Country