“A Family Paradise for sure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Paradise Palms

Paradise Palms
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kewarra Beach
Melbourne
“A Family Paradise for sure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

WOW....where do I start?! We are a family of four & we bought a 'Cudo' special deal for 4 nights....but we bought 2 so we stayed for 8 nights......thank goodness because after 4 nights we would have been very sad to leave!
As per all the other positive reviews, we highly recommend Paradise Palms Resort for the whole family! The playgrounds were excellent, lighting is kept on late for the energetic!! The 2 pools were fabulous also & provide enough space to escape others if needed.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment, first night was over the 'entrance' of resort but it was still peaceful. Unfortunately our airconditioners didn't work BUT as they couldn't be fixed promptly, we were moved asap the next day into an apartment overlooking the pools & playgrounds.........AMAZING & BEAUTIFUL!!
As for the previous comment about having to but your own toilet paper......FALSE!! Just ask for anything like that & your needs are met....within reason I'm sure.
My husband played golf many times throughout our stay......'couldn't fault it' was his comment although the Pro shop guys were 'too serious'.....otherwise an amazing course.....superb scenery & peaceful! One 'funny' thing to watch out for on the course......my daughter & I went walking at night along the course path.....first night we didn't take a torch & we NEARLY stepped on a frog!! In fact, the frog jumped ONTO my foot!! We screamed & laughed so much & ensured we took a torch after that night!
I could go on & on with positives....we hope t go back in the near future.....especially on another online deal....amazing value!
Ask me any questions, I'd be happy to give any ideas etc. Happy travels!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Gold Coast Queensland Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I purchased a 7 night stay at this property last year through the net. On arrival we were met with a warm welcome and helpful information.Our one bed apartment was ultra modern,spacious and spotlessly clean.There was a large bottle of complimentary bubbly in the fridge,full size kitchen and comfy king bed.Our room on the 3rd floor overlooked the pools and playground,but noise was not an issue because of double glazing.
On that note I wished I had been a kid again. The playground was the best I have ever seen at any resort anywhere,and the kids had a ball.There was so much to do,and 2 large pools when they got overheated from all the fun.
The golf course attached is fantastic,and our deal included 2 games a day with cart.My husband being a keen golfer was more than impressed.I would certainly stay here again and with a full kitchen, and supermarket just along the road, we easily ate in or out as we wanted. My only comment would be to put a jug of some sort and a few more utensils(peeler etc;) and microwave safe dishes in the kitchens for those that want to prepare a meal.All in all a fantastic stay,and highly recommended. If you don't want to hear scraping chairs ask for top floor....there are lifts.!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 310A -top floor on the end overlooking the pool and playgrounds.Beautiful
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

We had purchased a "deal" online for 4 nights for a family of four. We loved the location and the facilities were amazing. A few small changes and it would almost be perfect. A little shade around the pool area would be ideal, just to hide under in the middle of the day. We ate in the restaurant a couple of times and really liked the food, the service was pretty average tho. It seemed as though they couldn't cope with more than a few tables. The rooms wre wonderful, beds extremely comfortable. We had a two bedroom apartment which was very spacious and clean. The sofa was awful to sit on, but with amazing facilities who would need to sit down :) plenty of car parking, but you would need to hire a car if you are flying into Cairns. The golf was a bit pricey, rental fees for clubs was over the top also.
Overall we loved it, will be back again in a few years with our own clubs! Just another tip, there is a day spa down the road called White Lotus Day Spa! AMAZING! The service and products are second to none, ur own bungalow etc. A must for the ladies :)

Stayed April 2012
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Having recently stayed at the resort during the Easter period, I would thoroughly recommend it for families with young children! The staff at the resort are very helpful and the amenitities and childrens equipment are outstanding. The resort features 2 pools, 1 which is well set up for exercise with lap lanes and then a beautiful big resort style pool with kids swim area. My only concern was that there was little to no shade around the pool.

The rooms are well presented with modern furniture and great balconies (we had a 1 bedroom unit). The kitchen is a reasonable size however the cooking facilities and provided equipment are a little limited - but if your not there to do lots of cooking, the facilities are just fine!

We had intended on playing 9/18 holes of golf, however it was rather pricey and it wasn't part of the package/stay! It does look like an awesome course though and perhaps next time we would definitely partake in a few holes...

All in all, we would definitely recommend the resort for family and friends... beautiful outlook and great stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Yeppoon, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

Talk about pay for every other thing. We paid for the room, nice as it was there was nothing else included. I see the earlier comment about toilet paper, yer we had to buy our own!
The noise from upstairs units was unbearable as chairs scrapped across the floor, babies crying . It appears there is no sound proofing at all.
Admitadly we bought a package deal but did not have to "buy " everything else. To top it off the included dinner in the resteraunt was not from the resteraunt menu, but rather the 'special' menu to " make it easier for the chef".
If it wasn't fr
Or the great service from the resteraunt manager Pravin and the lovely German waitress it would have been an absolute disaster.
It wasn't a matter of fine print either, just penny pinching, which seems to be the theme for this entire property caveat emptor

• Stayed March 2012
Qld, Oz
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We live locally and stayed here with family specifically to play golf, the setting is beautiful and I would highly recommend the golf course. The resort is also very nice, but it was let down a bit due to a lack of service.

Although the staff we encountered were friendly and pleasant, it appears that the resort is running on minimum staff, I assume to keep costs down during the low season. This didn't have a huge impact on our weekend, but it was a little frustrating at times e.g. we were meant to get a phone call when our room was ready to check into, but no-one ever called/we had to get house keeping to track down someone at the front desk so we could check out etc.

We were in a resort room which was a great size, in very good condition, spotless, and had all the amenities you would expect in a nice hotel room. There's a good size balcony, bigger than average bar fridge, and you can watch the TV while soaking in the tub if you wish. The bed was also extremely comfortable.

Although we didn't dine in at the resort restaurant, they offer a small selection of meals that you can take back to your room. We grabbed a pizza which was very tasty, and not bad value at $19.

All in all we enjoyed our stay and will return.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the kids playground can be a little noisy during the day, so don't stay there...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Islandgirl44_9
Sunshine Coast, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

I got a deal to stay for 3 nights and play golf. I bought the deal in advance for my husbands 40th birthday. There was supposed to be no block out dates although when I called up to book I was asked if I had a voucher and was told my selected dates were unavailable (school holidays 2-5th jan) and told I could have the following week. I explained it was my husbands birthday and that we would be having family meeting and staying also. They told me sorry but there was no space. I called again with different dates 3-6th and told I couldn't have it. I went ahead and booked alternative accommodation for my husbands birthday.
My friend called up for me the following week and said she did not have a voucher and was told she could have any dates she liked as they were not so busy!! I booked for 3 night 9-12th January. So the hotel missed out on our family members booking at least 2 rooms at most likely full price.
On arrival I was impressed with the location and the accommodation. The rooms were very clean, new and well set out. The bathroom was nice and big and modern. We only had a resort room so we never had any cooking facilities but had a kettle and bar fridge which was good enough for our 3 nights. My husband was very put out that we never had any housekeeping and thought that was crazy and unheard of, it didn't bother me as we had our own beach towels and were out of the room most of the time.
I thought the resort facilities were fantastic! The hotel pool was small but nice as it wasn't too busy, the water was like a hot bath and they could do with some shade around it but otherwise a nice relaxing pool. The top pool was a bit cooler and shaded in the afternoon with palm trees. It was a great pool for doing laps (around 25 meters) but was a bit busier with families.
We played two 18 hole rounds of golf (part of my deal) and loved the course. We had free hire of a buggie which had a small Eskie on the side already filled with ice (a nice touch).
We also had a bucket of practice balls each per day for the driving range, we only managed one each as we were a bit golfed out! The driving range was in a beautiful setting looking at the rainforest. There were no tees set out which was a bit annoying.
With our deal we also had use of the mini golf facility but never got around to using it, it looked fun and was pretty busy whie we were there.
We don't have kids but even we were blown away with the kids play area! It's sensational around 2000m2 of kiddie fun. There is a huge inflatable pillow (I wanted to play on it) and 3 huge cubbie houses and 2 or 3 play grounds with swings and slides. I'm sure the kids could spend hours there.
We went to the restaurant on our first night and had a nice meal. I had Thai duck and my husband had lamb both were really nice, it was a little pricey around $150 with a bottle of wine and desert. Well our last nightwear planned an early dinner as we had to leave early in the morning. We went to the restaurant bar and ordered some drinks around 6.30 there were a few people around and maybe around 8-10 tables occupied. We asked if we could order our food and sit inside and were told we would have to wait until 7.45 (45 mins wait) as they were busy! There was less than a quarter of the tables occupied! We drove into town and had a fantastic dinner at palm cove.
We also used the pro shop to buy some souvenir/ golf t-shirts I found one and my husban asked the assistant if he could try a couple in his size, she told him it was only the floor stock that was available. (we had waled passed a stock room which was full the day before). My husband never bought a shirt . We were back in the shop that afternoon and there was two new rails of stock on the floor with 'sale' shirts. We didn't bother buying anything else. So they lost out on another $100 sale from us.
Overall we loved the place and would recommend it to everyone, just take some extra towels. Book a table for dinner (as they can't cope with more than 20 people) and don't expect them to push the boat out with their service. the location and golf facilities are great and it's a beautiful part of the country.

Room Tip: Ask fo a top floor room as you won't have anyone on top to make noise.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarayi Boutique Hotel
Sarayi Boutique Hotel
#9 of 12 in Palm Cove
Hotel Grand Chancellor Palm Cove

Been to Paradise Palms? Share your experiences!