“Great Restaurant”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

They accommodated our party of 12 last minute and the service was great! Food is always good at Marina Pirata! Feeding the fish in the ocean is great entertainment!!

1  Thank permavaca999

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Well the last week was the first time in the island for me and my girlfriend, we look and read a lot to find the perfect restaurant to eat the aruban seafood in the island, and we found it.

We give a shot to the Marina Pirata, we were a little suspicius about this restaurant because the are not in the high or low rise hotel zone and there are not very commercial about this restaurant.. but we give a shot. We have to find the best seafood no matter what it cost.

We came in the restaurant and we ask for an entry food and they give me a little plate with scallops with a local sauce.. WHAT THAT GREAT TASTE.. that was soo delicious after we eat all the scallops i took the bread and i wet it the sauce...DELICIOUS

We ask for a "all in one" plate and they give a plate with a filet of mahi mahi, mashed potatoes, scallops, a big tail of lobster thermidor, some vegetables.. ... oh man.. i have not the words to describe WHAT A GREAT FOOT.. this have to be the taste of heaven! What a Quality!

With no doubt, the best place in Aruba to eat Seafood!

1  Thank Jose Luis Q
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had been here many years ago on a trip to Aruba. It had been recommended by a local, and the food was very good on that trip. The journey to get there was memorable, as it is really off the beaten path, and the ambiance was amazing. This time, the journey was also interesting, and the ambiance was also wonderful. Unfortunately, not so the food! Steaks were very underdone, and Caesar salad was wilted and mushy. Escargots just so-so. Service was pleasant and attentive, but we were disappointed with the food, so we would not return again.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Romantic, fun & family-owned

First, find this hidden gem near the Balashi beer factory, keep going over a bridge and follow the signs. At 6pm this family owned & operated restaurant opens to welcome you. My fiance and I sat at a table on the corner of the pier, looking out at the ocean. The beautiful water is about 2 feet below. We ordered two drinks and watched the sunset; this occurs between 6-7.

During this time we also ordered dinner. One of the best parts about dinner was that I could order fish, they only sell what they catch...talk about fresh! My fiance, who is allergic to fish was able to choose from steak, cheesey chicken, etc...Not only was the food delicious, but it was very romantic. After sunset, Rocky, the owner's son brought out a lantern for our table. Next, lights lit up the ocean and we could see many fish.

The fun started towards the end of dinner. We started feeding bread to the fish. Then, Rocky through some bread and more fish came. This place is a gem because it's romantic, fun, family-owned, and the staff will keep you smiling.

My background: This was my first time in Aruba for the week. I explored much of Aruba & its restaurants like Texas de Brazil, Matthews, Senior Frogs, Moomba Bar. These places were all great, but I was just very comfortable at Mirina Pirata. I love the water, being on the ocean I wanted fresh fish. I will always stand by a family owned and operated place. Also, when I vacation I enjoy finding out what the locals enjoy. I don't want to stay in places littered with Brand name stores. Marina Pirata is authentic.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Just getting back to room. This was by far the Highlight to our Family Vacation.
Amazing Food, Excellent Service, & Beautiful setting to end our last night in Aruba.

Location wise: It's like a destination on a Pirates map - X Marks the spot, lol :). The reward for finding is what makes it all the while. No, do not be intimidated by trying to find. 1A pass the Airport look for Balashi Factory and at light bear right towards De Palm Island. Over the bridge straight and look for Marina Pirata.

The Food. Wow! I enjoyed a Grouper Balashi Fish $22. But was accompanied by Plantains and your choice of Rice, Some type of Aruban corn bread or Aruban Pancake. I opted for the Aruban Pancake. My plate was served with Broccoli and Carrots as well :)

Marina Pirata is a must stop if ever in Aruba. My family and I will return again! Thank you for the incredible ending to our Vacation.