“Absolutely paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savaneta
Aruba Reef Beach Apartments
New York City, New York
“Absolutely paradise”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We got back from our 4 day stay at Aruba Reef almost 5 days ago, and we're still mourning the fact that we had to leave. Aruba Reef is total perfection -- from the gorgeous private beach, beautiful and spacious apartments, adorable dogs, to FRED (the coolest/nicest guy ever), breathtaking views, and amazing Bali-inspired decor, this place is a total gem. You really do feel like you're at home here, and I can safely say that we would have gladly stayed there for the rest of our lives if we could have. 100% recommend this place! Great food within walking distance of the apartments (check out Zee Rover and the Indonesian place across the street for delicious meals) and totally away from all the annoying tourists of the main part of Aruba. We rented a 4x4 jeep, which was a great idea, as we got to drive along the coast and see some beautiful parts of Aruba's national park.

Aruba and Aruba Reef apartments have stolen our hearts! Thanks Fred for an amazing time!

Room Tip: We had one of the ocean view apartments, but all the apartments have great views/perks, and each has...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank vivaaruba

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
West Hatfield
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Aruba Reef Apartments is a wonderful place to get away and feel like you have discovered a private island. At the opposite end of Aruba from the big hotel and restaurant scene, you are transported to an earlier time in Aruba. Enjoy a quiet beach, the solitude of a hammock on your deck or in the tiki hut out on the dock, share stories with the owner Fred and your fellow guests, relish the sunset from the picnic table out on the deck right on the water, walk to great local restuarants and experience the local charms of Savaneta and St Nicholas.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bob W
North Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our one month stay in Aruba. We have visited the island for 27 years and have been exposed to many of the treasures that Aruba has to offer. We no longer stay at our time shares at the low rises, but have found another true gem we call "Paradise" or "Freddy's Place", where we have stayed for the past 2 years. Aruba Reef Apartments is located in Savaneta, a small fishing village on the southwest coast, about 15 minutes from the airport. This is where Freddy lives with his family and it is in a safe, residential neighborhood. It is a magical place; a sanctuary with an Indonesian flare. This place is captivating. As you sit by the private beach you listen to quiet music, the ocean, and the palm trees blowing in the wind. Freddy is a kind man who makes you relaxed and comfortable. The facility is more like a beach house than a hotel. He has 2 dogs who are gentle and affectionate, but will protect the area if any stray dogs come onto the property. There are also kayaks available and a reef for snorkeling. As guests, we feel like part of Freddy's family. We have brought numerous friends and family with us who, like us, have returned for a second stay and are looking forward to a return in 2015.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank TMoulton
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was my first time in Aruba and I vacationed alone. Naturally I was concerned about safety but my worries quickly faded away as I was welcomed to "Paradise" by the owner Fred. I felt like a member of the family and very well taken care of. I went on this vacation alone so that I could relax and this was the best place for it! I felt like I was able to truly get away without the hustle and bustle of the tourist areas. The private beach was awesome , the ocean side gazebo was sooooooo relaxing and the views were absolutely breathtaking!!! My room was very clean (and I must admit that I am very picky) and well maintained. The entire property had art, woodwork and decor from Bali and it was so beautiful and unique (you can tell that Fred truly put his heart and soul into this property). Since there were only a few apartments on the premises, there was lots of privacy, peace and quiet. I enjoyed the convenience on having a great restaurant "Flying Fishbone" right next door but there was also a grocery store just a few minutes away. I have stayed in all inclusive resorts and high rise hotels in the past, but after experiencing the tranquility of Aruba Reef, I am convinced that this is the absolute best way to vacation! Fred was an AMAZING host and he went above and beyond to ensure that my stay was perfect. The only thing that I regret is that I was only able to stay for four days. I just got back home tonight and I am already planning another (much longer) trip....Thank you again for everything Fred!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Faith5120
Needham, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was only able to stay for a few days, visiting local friends before meetings in Florida. My apartment was what I might hope for in Bali - walking off the covered patio, I could be in the water in 10 steps. I appreciated being able to swim, kayak, snorkel whenever I wanted - and there was no fighting for shade with lots of other tourists. I enjoyed Freddy's "Aruban hospitality with European flare" - I liked that my friends and I were the only Americans there, and that there are just a handful of apartments. It was cozy, and yet plenty of privacy.

My apartment was spacious with good air circulation so I was happy to only turn on the air conditioning (which was quiet and effective) late at night. The king size bed was nice and firm.

I would characterize the quality of the furnishings as good quality beach house - very comfortable, and appropriate to the setting. The first class "Flying Fishbone" restaurant next door would allow you to walk to fine dining, go out a few times for groceries, and just sleep, sip on cocktails of your own creation (get a bottle of rum at duty free in baggage claim in the airport), read, swim, eat, repeat.

Thanks to Freddy and company for a lovely weekend.

Room Tip: Choose one of the two one bedroom apartments with patios that open onto the beach.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Sherry I
Arlington, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We have been to Aruba lots, now we really know Aruba!! Was a amazing romantic private getaway. If you are not one who wants to be catered too & don't mind all the other vacationers at a resort. Then Freddie's place is not for you, if you know how to vacation with your special someone then this is it!! Freddie & family are amazing people now we call them our family. To roll out of bed out bathing suits on, cook our own breakfast, nap in cazzibo ;), have our own cocktails, hang on beach all day, kaiak the sunset & eat at the best restraunt for dinner ever night "Flying Fishbone" it was our best trip ever!! Thank you Freddie, family & pups for a beautiful week we will see you SOON!! Miss you all xo Sandee & Mitch

Room Tip: No pool the ocean better then a pool. Fitness we made our own fitness center on the beach!! Awesome...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sandee F
Montreal
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Fred gives a 5-star service. He is very nice and welcoming. However, the apartment that we got was not that clean (kitchen, bathroom, shower, bed). It really needed a good clean. Location is not that great. It is peaceful but not that relaxing because you have to drive 30 minutes to get to the nice beaches, if you don't get stuck in traffic (which the first day we did ….it took us 50 minutes to come back from the beach).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank BDLS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savaneta
MVC Eagle Beach
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino

Been to Aruba Reef Beach Apartments? Share your experiences!