“A little slice of paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Club Arias B&B
Ranked #1 of 3 Savaneta B&B and Inns
Stuart, FL
“A little slice of paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

First of all, believe the reviews that have already been written. Club Arias really is that amazing. Because of its character and location, it might not be for everyone, but it certainly is for me. If you want to say in a high rise close to the tourists and cruise ships in an area that feels just like Miami then by all means stay at the Marriot or Riu. Or just go to Miami. On the other hand, if you truly want to see Aruba, and then have your own little slice of paradise to come back to at the end of the day, you just can’t do better than Club Arias.

As far as service is concerned, Arias, Gabriel and Giovanny have completely upended my expectations for what a resort experience should be. Both Gabriel and Giovanny are phenomenal cooks, and will gladly whip something together for you even if you don’t wake up until noon. Anything you need around the island, they can help you find or take you there. These guys know the real Aruba and are happy to give as little or as much help as you want in planning out your time on the island. Heck, they’ll even translate for you, which can certainly come in handy if you don’t speak Spanish! It’s not just lip service, their genuine top priority is to make your stay as fun and comfortable as possible.

It’s all in the little details that are almost too numerous to list: airport pickup and drop off, cookies or cake every day at 4 in the common room, coolers to take with you to the beach, a local cell phone to use while you’re on the island (with Gaby and Geo’s cell #’s pre-programmed), a cordless phone to make free calls back to the states, a battery powered portable ipod dock (listen to your own tunes while playing pool or swimming in the pool!), pool table with professional cue sticks (no wobbly bar room wood here), flat screen TV and DVD player in every room, a large collection of DVDs to browse and borrow in the common area, board games, a competition foosball table, ping pong, iced tea and lemonade all day every day, towels and linens that smell *amazing* (seriously, I asked what they use to wash them so I can buy some for myself to use at home), etc., etc. All of this is included in the stay as part of the whole experience. And don’t forget the immaculately landscaped grounds, huge swimming pool, wading pool, and swim up bar with waterfall. Or the blissfully comfortable beds. Oh, and lets not forget that all the water in Aruba comes from desalinization through Reverse Osmosis. There’s no noticeable chlorine in it either, so it’s like showering in Evian! Their tap water is as good as any bottled water you can get. If it sounds like I was completely blown away, it’s because I was ;) And contrary to some other reviewers, I actually enjoyed the music that plays throughout the compound during the day. And if for some reason it doesn’t suit you, someone from the club is always available to change it, turn it down, or turn it off.

My visit to Aruba was primarily for kiteboarding. And for any other kiters out there reading this, you need not look any further, Club Arias is the place for you. Situated in Saveneta, the location is ideal as it is only 10 minutes away from what, in my opinion, is the best kiting in Aruba. The beach I’m referring to is Boca Grandi, which is a cove with consistent on/cross shore wind and waist to chest high waves to launch. It’s like a playground inside the cove with almost nothing but local (and very friendly) kiters. Don’t be surprised if you make a few friends and end up back at Essoville for a few of the coldest beers in Aruba after a day of kiting! I was in Aruba for 5 days total, and spent 3 days at Boca Grandi with 20-30 mph winds. Just to see what it was all about, I headed over to the Fisherman’s Hut on my last day. Kiting there can be summed up in 2 words: gusty offshore. Sure, the water is flat, but it comes at a high price. Kites are everywhere and the wind just stops blowing from time to time. And if you snap a line you might be swimming back after the boats have all gone home (which they do, at 6). Arashi has similar issues, but if you’re brave, you can kite out past the point and get some steady cross-shore wind. Problem is there’s no beach out there, just reef and rocks. And no rescue boats. Have fun, but don’t mess up ;) So in summary, bring your kites, bring your friends, go to Boca Grandi, and stay at Club Arias. You’ll be blown away. See you there!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Korean first
Tacoma, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

Club Arias was amazing! My boyfriend and i went there for vacation and they pulled out the stops! :) They took us anywhere we needed to go, they suggested places to eat and listen to wonderful music. Club Arias ended up being completely booked the last 3 days we left and we would have never even known it. The breakfasts with Gabriel were wonderful, anything you want made to order fresh every morning. Rent your car from club arias! Great deals,easy, and no hassles. When you stay at Club Arias you definetly need to do the Rhino Tours! It was so awesome! We even got engaged at the natural pool! We had the best time and when we go back to Aruba again we will with out a doubt stay at Club Arias. I was alittle skeptical at first because the club was pretty new and the reviews seemed too good to be true! But after talking to Arias and arriving in town i now know i have a great 2nd family back in aruba! :)

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

My husband and I had a fantastic time at Club Arias! We always felt the service was wonderful and you made us feel so special! It was great to get to know the staff, especially the owner, Arias. His customer service was more than just service. He becomes your friend and truly enjoys spending time with his guests by taking the time to socialize. Although our stay was short, we had enough time to settle in and enjoy the peace!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

Looking for our annual Christmas trip with our college age daughters, I researched Aruba. We never travel to the same place twice for our annual vacation (which if you read on this philosophy might have changed for our family). I came upon Club Arias as a place to stay. It sure didn't sound like any of the hotel chains were are use to staying in, so I researched Club Arias on tripadvisor.com as I always like to read opinions of others before choosing a place to stay. I couldn't believe that every review was so posiitive, usually you have one or two people that dislike something, but all the reviews I read were way too positive so I contacted Arias and my husband and I went out in August to check this place out before taking our daughters on our annual December vacation. First we were impressed with transportation to and from the airport! There was no lengthy check in process, as we arrived we were shown directly to our room. The room was more like a small apartment, kitchen with small refrigerator, toaster oven, microwave oven, dishes, utensils, cups, sink, cupboards, etc. Living room area with comfy chairs, bathroom (although somewhat small, we found out quickly the best experience is the outdoor showers which are equipped with shampoo, conditioner, and body gel) the most comfortable beds we have ever experienced, the greatest pillows (and lots of them) and high quality sheets and linens! The made to order breakfast in the morning by Chef Gabriel was fantastic and also the afternoon cookies or cake was also scrumptious! Gabriel even made us and the other guests a private dinner that was unbelieveable! It was such a change to actually get to know your fellow guests (I have even become facebook friends with most of them) as you eat breakfast with them or see them poolside. There were a couple of afternoons we were the only ones at the resort as the others went out snorkeling or out and about and it felt as if the resort was truly are own! The 24 hour complimentary ice tea, lemonade, and ice water was great since we went to the local store and bought our liquor (tequila and margarita mixer) and added it to the lemonade and enjoyed it poolside! You do need to rent a car, which we did through Arias, to get around the island. The phone in the common area was great to make free calls back to home, (except it seemed to only work to other cell phone numbers and not to land lines for some reason). They have a library of books, kids books, board games, videos for kids and adults,(each room has a large flat screen tv hooked up to a dvd player), and 24 hour access to a computer with internet access (you can even print out your boarding passes for your return trip home there)!!! The pools (three of them) were terrific, one larger pool with deep end, one more wading pool with lounge chairs submersed in the water (that's where we were most of the time) and one swim up bar pool! We even went out twice to hear some music and have some drinks during our stay with our fellow guests and Arias and his lovely family, his wife Flory and the two cutest girls on earth (Arias's daughters). We truly felt like one big family there! We have never experienced this commorodity in any other hotel/vacation setting we have ever been at. The grounds are absoultely beautiful with wonderful plantings, my favorite hummingbirds, and the most beautiful songbirds to listen to! We are counting the days until we can go back and take our daughters with us for our Christmas vacation!!! When we go back we are planning on snorkeling (which Club Arias has the equipment to use, along with coolers you can fill with ice and take some beverages along, and even sand chairs to use at any of the beaches on the island) and also taking the Rhino tour!!!! Our trip in August was more of just a relaxing vacation, and relaxing it was! When you are the only ones in the pool or poolside, now that is relaxing!!!! No fighting for chairs or getting up early to save spots poolside, no need for that! We thought this place was too good to be true but found out it is truly great!!!! We may be making Aruba and Club Arias our annual family vacation spot!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
NYC

Club Arias was amazing!
It is far away from the overpopulated resort area, but easy to maneuver since Arias has cars available for rent right at the Club. He also has all-terrrain vehicles (the Rhinos) that you can take to explore the hard to reach places like the Natural Pools and Indian Cave Paintings.
Aruba itself is pretty easy to explore since most things are all on one long road from one end of the island to the other. Many of the beaches to enjoy and do some snorkeling are right on that main road.
We loved our room which had a living room, kitchenette, bathroom and bedroom. It was fabulous and unique and had remote control Air Conditioning in it.
We had cable, internet access, a flat screen tv, and more.
The resort itself is small, quiet, quaint, but has big character. I did not shower in my room once, because they have 2 outdoor showers that are amazing!!
I am swimmer as well and one pool is great to do some laps during the day, while the wading pool with lounge chairs is perfect to just veg out.
The food that Chef Gabriel prepared was awesome, too. From pancake, waffles, and french toast to omlettes and oatmeal, breakfast was always looked forward to.
Everyday at 4pm he would bake something sweet for the guests to nosh on. Whether it be brownies, cookies, or walnut spice cake they were all so very tasty.
They dinner we had was delicious. the strawberry feta salad and the main course being tilapia with a spicy papaya sauce over pineapple rice were excellent. Light filling, and so flavorful.
I had an in-room massage from Virgil who is unbelievably knowledgeable and talented. The experience was totally enjoyable and educational. Being a massage therapist myself, I was very impressed. It lasted almost 2 hours and cost $85 (that's ridiculous...I charge $100 for an hour).
Staying at this Club Arias was exactly how I like to unwind while away from the non-stop craziness of NYC.

Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

Club Arias is very welcoming and cozy. Our room was incredible! It was spacious, clean, and the bed is amazing- very comfortable. Great atmosphere, the staff is helpful and nice. They will do anything to make your vacation the best it could be. We arranged a off-road island excursion tour and a kayaking tour through the club. Both tours were awesome and we paid half the price the other hotels were charging for their tours. I highly recommend Club Arias. -Lauren, Philadelphia, PA

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Metro New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

I've been to Aruba 5 times previous to this trip and have always stayed in the High Rise section. It's familiar and predictable. This time, though, I went with four very good friends - more than enough entertainment! Club Arias was everything a group could ask for. The accommodations were lovely, nicely appointed and very comfortable. Chef Gabriel's breakfast and afternoon baking were a treat we all looked forward to with relish. We had a car available to us, so Club Arias was nicely centrally located for our trips to Baby Beach, Eagle Beach, Orangestadt, fabulous restaurants, the local tennis club and the California Lighthouse. All these are available no matter where one stays in Aruba. What makes Club Arias so special are its incredible grounds! The most beautiful gardens surround the swimming and wading pools and jacuzzi, providing a peaceful, lush tranquility I doubt you can find anywhere else on the island. It takes but two words to describe Club Arias - absolutely beautiful!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savaneta
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,121 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,790 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,302 reviews
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,520 reviews

Been to Club Arias B&B? Share your experiences!