“NOT”
Review of Club Arias B&B

Club Arias B&B
Ranked #1 of 5 Savaneta B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Club Arias is a typical island hotel. Dont stay in Room # 6 as it has a strong smell of mold and mildew. When I returned home I had to wash the clothes that I didnt even wear to get rid of the smell. There was no maitance being done on the place as Arias was out Kite surfing with his friends every day. I saw noone lift a hand to wash the tile and chairs by the pool, the cashews fell off the trees and sat rotting all week. Noone scrubbed the green scum off the sides of the wading pool. The breakfast was good but as cold every day as the showers. There is no hot water in the room and the outside shower has hot water sometimes. The beds were clean and that made my stay bearable. If your accustomed to staying at the high rise hotels dont think for one minute you will be happy at Club Arias. Its no Marriott!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Lisa L
Arias S, Owner at Club Arias B&B, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Christmas New Years Group 2012

let me start by saying how sorry i am that you did not enjoy your time at my home.... the fact is that my wife and i who normally work 60-80 hour weeks were not on property it had been 2 years since our last vacation and never did i think that the fall out would be that bad.... but it was and for that i am super sorry...

i have spent the last 6 years building from the ground up something special... something that i could be proud... i have made thousands of peoples vacations memorable... and will continue to do so...

to my future guests reading these review i hope that you read all the reviews and not just the ones from a group that shouldn't have even been with me in the first place... i know that my service was not where it should have been but after being in this business and in aruba for over 20 years i know when guests should have stayed at the high rise.... your closing statement says it all i'm no Marriott... it really bothers me when guests that cant afford the 900 dollar a night rates at the high rise come to me and expect the same experience... im pretty sure even if i was on property i couldn't turn myself into a Marriott for you...

i would really hope that my future guests who are reading this call me directly before booking their vacation... a short conversation with me would go a long way to insure your vacation goes smoothly... i cant tell you how many times when talking to a new customer i have directed them to the high rise there is a reason that of the 10000 tourists that spend the night in aruba 9980 of them stay at the Marriott or other high rise and 20 special people come stay with me on the complete opposite side of the island.... we are not for everyone....

in closing i am sorry that you did not enjoy the experience....

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We just returned for Christmas and New Years and what a wonderful,outstanding,awesome place.The owners,cook,staff are the best.You have everything u need,they offer chairs for the beach,beach towels,coolers w/ ice,snorkeling gear,free breakfast and 2 pools.You WONT find a place that offers all this.The room was clean,big,romantic style.I cannot say enough about this place.We have been 2 Aruba several times and this is the place to stay and will return.Aria's is the best place in Aruba!!

Room Tip: I choose suite 4 and will get next time.Awesome
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 102kimmy

it was a pleasure having you as a guest and i look forward to hosting all your future vacations on this island....

to future guests reading this i have a list of items i recommend everyone bring with them to better enhance their vacation with me
1. mask
2. snorkel
3. water shoes
4. sunblock

we have the best snorkeling minutes drive from the hotel be prepared....

rent a car

the super complicated driving directions from the airport to the hotel are......

Right hand turn out of the airport drive 9.2 kilometers and were on the left...

i give you distance in kilometers because all car in aruba are in kilometers....

we drive on the same side of the road as US and is very easy to get around.....

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We read quite a few reviews before we decided to stay at Club Arias. Sometimes reviews can be misleading but most of the reviews were spot on. We visited last weekend, 12/20- 12/22, for a mini vacation. Club Arias was about a 10- 15 minute drive from the airport on the main road. It looked farther on the map. Our first impression of the grounds were that they were well kept and creatively designed. From the rock entrance to the various murals done throughout the property, painted by his mother. to the various places tucked away to relax. We immediately felt like family when we arrived because of how friendly the staff treated us. Arias came by our room to greet us personally after we checked in.

We stayed in room #7 which was a one bedroom room suite that was well designed and very spacious for my family of three. There was a living room area, bathroom, kitchen and bedroom.
Our bedroom had two full/queen beds that were very comfortable, with great bedding. There was enough wardrobe space for all of us if we were going to stay longer. The kitchen area was functional enough to cook small meals, using the toaster oven or microwave. The water in the rooms was lukewarm at best. But, Club Arias has an outdoor shower area for hot showers. This was unusual for me but I found it quite unique and exhilarating.

One of the pools had a slide, that our son enjoyed. There was a second pool area, near the rooms, that was for relaxing/sun bathing. It had chairs in the water and a swim up pool bar.

The breakfast and afternoon snacks, prepared by Chef Gabriel, were great! He took pride in his food and you could tell by the way everything tasted.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and can't wait to go back! If you're looking for an affordable option with quality, that's away from the high rise resorts, this is the place to be!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2012

On November 29 2012 thanks to arias and his crew I enjoyed my wedding day and so did my guest, thanks to there outstanding hospitality and great meal besides that arias gave me two nights stay in one of his remarkable suits they helped made my special day memorable with their service thanks arias & crew : )

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My daughter and me we love staying at Club Arias, we decide to comeback for second time. We had great experiences even if we went for a short trip. This Bed and Breakfast hotel make us to feel very confident and comfortable.Arias is very friendly, and he has a great staff. We would definitely stay with them again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Skip the highrise scene and take a small step off the worn path to Club Arias. Tucked away in Savaneta, this quaint oasis is not your cookie cutter resort and thank god for that! We stayed in Suite 4 and loved it. A great two room suite with a 4 post king bed, sitting area, flat screen TV, kitchenette, second room with bunk beds and a nice bathroom. If the weather and rest of the resort hadnt been so great we would have been happy just to lounge around there! One of my favorite parts of Club Arias was the pools. Three pools for 11 guest rooms! Seriously! There are so many great amenities of a major resort wonderfully wrapped in this small package. The staff is friendly to the point of feeling like old friends, the food was amazing, and Arias (owner) is a delight. Keep in mind the staff and resort are small so you dont have a dozen people ready to jump when you say so. That said they work very hard to accommodate any needs and we never lacked for attention. Arias is successful because he truly wants you to have the best vacation of your life and he will do anything to help you achieve that end. We will return!
PS. Dont miss the sunrise island tour they offer, it is just as top notch as the resort.

Room Tip: Suite 4 is tucked in the back of the property and was wonderfully quiet.
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We just (reluctantly) returned from our second trip to Aruba and stay at Club Arias. We loved the island and our accommodations so much last year that we decided to return this November and double the length of our vacation to 2 weeks.

Our stay at this resort B & B was just as relaxed and pampered as before with Arias, Flory, Gabriel, Alphonso, and the rest of the team graciously going above and beyond to make us as comfortable as possible. From the spacious, clean, and comfortable suites (we've stayed in #2 and #3) to the impossibly serene and beautifully landscaped grounds (where hummingbirds gather) to the delicious made-to-order breakfasts (try the omelettes and French toast) -- the staff has anticipated every whim that their guests might have. We regularly got terrific recommendations from Arias, Flory, and Gabriel for their favorite and recommended restaurants, lunch shacks, beaches, shopping, and other points of interest and ended up making some terrific discoveries along the way.

Having spent a few evenings and afternoons walking through downtown Oranjestad and the high-rise hotel areas, we were always thrilled to return to the peaceful authenticity of Savaneta (where Club Arias is located). We truly value the personalized care that this small resort offers us and the rest of its guests, and we would highly recommend it to others who are interested in sampling the real Aruba beyond the hotel strips.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savaneta
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
#1 of 1 in Paradera
Talk of the Town Hotel & Beach Club
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Wonders Boutique Hotel
Wonders Boutique Hotel
#1 of 12 in Oranjestad

Been to Club Arias B&B? Share your experiences!