“A very special dinner experience”

The Flying Fishbone
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Savaneta
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beach side dining, with even tables in the water. Great international menu, extensive wine and cocktail list and spectacular sunsets!
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The Flying Fishbone was worth the drive south down the island. The ambiance is what is really spectacular about this restaurant as you are seated on the beach and if you are lucky sit right on the edge with your feet in the water. It is beautiful at night with the lights and torches. We found the food to be very good. The pumpkin soup was the only disappointment as we just didn't taste any pumpkin in the soup at all. I had the lobster and filet and it was a great entree. Dessert was delicious and since we were celebrating our anniversary they made it special with sparklers. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a romantic evening and if you are looking for something special while dining in Aruba.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,148)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The first thing I will mention is that if you would like to sit with your feet in the water, ask for a table away from the rock formation if you want a peaceful meal. I can't tell you how many Facebook photos I must be in the background of because it was just one group after another after another taking pictures directly beside our table. I understand that family vacation photos are important, so I wasn't really upset about it (someone even eventually offered to take ours and we took them up on the offer), but it did kind of kill the romance! But, aside from that personal experience which will certainly not be everyone's, if you're looking to "wow" your significant other with a romantic dinner, this is the place to go.
The food was good (but not outstanding - why I chose 4 dots instead of 5), and they clearly take service very seriously. Our waitress was one of the most professional I've ever had in a restaurant.
This is a very unique dining experience and certainly worth the adventure of finding it!!!

1  Thank BKCCW
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This place is amazing. Totally fantastic experience with the food, service and atmosphere. We went after sunset and it was so beautiful to see the ocean water with the candles and lights. Our dinner was fabulous. I had the baked shrimp casserole and loved it. I would go back again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great atmosphere and good food. A bit pricey but you are paying for the service and food which was very good. Great place for a romantic meal. Book a beach table for about 45min before sunset!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

It was beautiful sit right on the sand feel the sand between your toes touch the water eat some of the best seafood waiter was great