Open today: 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
A little gem!

Loved this pub, great hosts, great food and most of all dog friendly! Myself, my partner and black... read more

Reviewed October 15, 2018
Evelyn D
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
via mobile
Saturday Sunshine

Enjoyed a delicious freshly cooked meal at the Barley Mow last night whilst sitting outside in the... read more

Reviewed July 14, 2018
catherine m
Derbyshire, United Kingdom

All reviews great food the pub live music booked a table my partner feel very welcome great hosts hen racing great company monster burger cider locals saturday ales atmosphere character chips
Reviewed November 10, 2014

Stopped here by chance whilst passing through the village. I walked in the bar and was met with a really great atmosphere, but a little concerned that they wouldn't be able to accommodate me as they were quite busy. However at the bar I ordered my food and they just said sit anywhere you liked, so I sat on a table with locals who made me feel very welcome indeed. The food was very good indeed, nice home cooked food with the best chips ever. Will definitely eat here again if I'm in the area.

Colette Elizabe... D, Owner at The Barley Mow Bonsall, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Hello there! Firstly, thanks so much for taking the time to write such a great review! Welove our pub and are chuffed you liked it too! The thing is... this isn't our pub Tripadvisor page.... someone else set this one up! I am sure they thought they were helping etc, but I have only discovered this recently!! I asked Tripadvisor if they could combine the two pages...but alas they cannot.

The only option is to shut the page down.... It would be a shame to lose all these great reviews on this page though... can I be as bold as to ask you to please please please re-post this onto the main page? Our main page comes under "Restaurants"..BARLEY MOW BONSALL and has the orange symbol with knife and fork... I know its clearly not a restaurant, but when we first started with Tripadvisor, there was no segmentation for pubs etc.

Your reviews are so very important to the popularity of the pub. As you know, we are a tiny free house, up a lane in deepest darkest Derbyshire... and you lovely people have quite literally put us on the map! It would be disingenuous to appear to reply to you all independently, whilst there is very good chance I would remember if you came back to see us...I cannot remember you as easy from your Tripadvisor profile! Henceforth, this is a copy and paste job, for all the reviews on this page... but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate your goodwill and support. With love. Colette and Mick x

Reviewed September 16, 2014 via mobile

This pub became our local as we stayed in Bonsall over the weekend. Was easy to get to down the hill. Staff are very friendly and quite laid back and humorous, drinks are of good quality and brilliant prices. Didn't eat as we had plenty of food where we are staying but for a casual drink and free WiFi it was a great place to go :)

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Great welcoming from owner, we visited twice and the food was excellent both times. Food portions huge but lovely. We were made to feel very welcoming by the locals. Quite small inside and some seating outside.

Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Welcoming people and although the long wait for the food it was well worth the wait and very big portion I recomend the monster massive burger

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We called in here over the weekend, very traditional pub but could do with some money spending on it, its the sort of place you'd drop by after a walk in the Peaks, limited menu but the food was ok, very small inside and limited sitting outside.