“home from home”

and 1 more site!
The Glen House
Ranked #1 of 1 Clonmany B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 13, 2013

What a fantastic place to stay!!! Sonia is such a warm and friendly host, it certainly felt like home for us: spotless clean and a truly delicious breakfast in such a quaint tea room, tea from a china cup and saucer,(just perfect) not far from famine village, which was very interesting, and a lovely beach near by' and would also recommend the rusty nail pub for there tasty grub and plenty of craic just two minutes up the road/ so thankyou Sonia for making our break away so special

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Glen H, General Manager at The Glen House, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind words. I do love my china !! I think it adds to the experience that people have in the Rose Tearoom when the tea is served in my china cups and saucers !! I'm so pleased you mentioned it, thank you !! My main aim is to provide a homely feel here at The Glen House and I am delighted that this is how you felt during your stay. Thank you again for taking the time to write such a lovely review. Yours Sonia

There are newer reviews for The Glen House

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Wonderful place. Beautiful, spotless room with excellent facilities. A short drive for dinner in Ballyliffin, and they serve a delightful breakfast. The region is beautiful and this is an excellent base from which to explore it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Glen H, Owner at The Glen House, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review of The Glen House. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with me and that you enjoyed the beautiful Inishowen Peninsula !! Yours kindly Sonia

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Sonia is an angel.

She waited up past midnight waiting for us to arrive (the Americans driving 5 hours from Dublin on unfamiliar roads under dark, dark skies ). She carried our luggage in the house and up the stairs for us. She cooked our breakfast to perfection. She drew us maps and listened to our tales of wander. She looked through our iPhone pictures of our serendipitous discoveries and disorganized family reunion in Glengad and Malin Head. And upon departure, she sent us off to Galway with homemade scones and even programmed my GPS like a pro. If you're planning to visit the gorgeous Co. Donegal area, please call Sonia at The Glen House to see if her property is convenient for your travels, because it is definitely worth it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your lovely review !! It was my pleasure in looking after you and your mother while you were in Inishowen. I hope we get to meet again soon. Yours kindly Sonia

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I spent 3 nights at The Glen House with my girlfriend from the 4th - 7th April after the recommendation from our friends who were getting married nearby in Ballyliffin.

Let me start from the beginning.
Location is fantastic and in prime location for exploring the area and only around 20 miles from Derry. The B&B is at the entrance to the 1 km walk to the Glenevin Waterfall, which is a must see for all people staying at The Glen House. Ajoined to the house is a small tea room that offers fantastic home cooked foods and refreshments. When we arrived and after walking to the waterfall, we met Sonia in the tea room where we had a bite to eat and a drink before Sonia took us to our Executive Room, which she kindly upgraded us up to free of charge.

The room was very homely with everything you needed. There was fantastic views out the window of the Atlantic Ocean and mountain ranges. In the room was a very comfortable and massive bed, tv mounted on the wall, table and chairs and plenty of storage space with hair dyer. The bathroom was very clean and spacious with a fantastic shower, nice towels and washing products.

Breakfast...all I need to say is, ask for the Full Irish, YUM. There was also cereal, juice, tea, coffee and other breakfast items available.

In all, Sonia is a fantastic lady who couldn't have been more helpful with supplying us with details about the area and serving us always with a smile. Being able to stay away from home in somebody else's home and feel so comfortable was a dream.

I really can't rate The Glen House highly enough and if i am ever in the area again, this is where I will be staying!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Glen H, Owner at The Glen House, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear MarkD,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review for The Glen House and for your kind words. I'm am so glad you enjoyed your stay with me and it was my pleasure in looking after you while you visited Inishowen. Its lovely to hear that you felt it " more like home than a B&B " !! I look forward to hopefully having you stay again.

Many thanks
Sonia

Reviewed April 9, 2013

From the moment we arrived, the proprietor Sonia could not have been more welcoming or helpful. The room was lovely and bright and the breakfast was delicious. The surrounding countryside is absolutely stunning. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Pauline for your lovely review. I was delighted to host you and your family while you visited the Inishowen Peninsula. We are so lucky to be situated in such a beautiful part of Ireland and I'm so glad that you enjoyed the surroundings here at The Glen House. I hope I have the pleasure of having you stay again in the future.

Many thanks Sonia

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have stayed at the Glen House three times in the past year and each time has been a wonderful experience. Sonia is such a warm and welcoming hostess who is so accommodating and friendly. It is such a special place with beautiful rooms and wonderful food and breathtaking surroundings.

Room Tip: The front rooms are more spacious
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Roseanne d

Roseanna d it is always my pleasure to have you and your family stay with me here at The Glen House. I am so glad that you liked the place enough to spend you 3 visits here with me. Thank you so much for taking the time to sit and write your review and I hope its not too long before you and the family return for a 4th visit !!

Yours kindly
Sonia

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We found that we were made very welcome by Sonia and enjoyed our stay, the breakfast was first class and will most certainly be making further bookings. Plenty to do close by, walking in the mountains or strolling on the many beaches that are only a few minutes away. Its a must !!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clonmany
Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel
#1 of 1 in Culdaff
Malin Hotel
Malin Hotel
#1 of 1 in Malin

Been to The Glen House? Share your experiences!