“Superb”
Review of The Glen House

The Glen House
Ranked #1 of 1 Clonmany B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Simply the most gracious hospitality in a stylishly decorated and welcoming country house. Sonia went out of her way to make us welcome and offer us delicious food after a long journey. We stayed in one of the large front rooms which are bright, airy and make you feel absolutely pampered and at home. The breakfast was delicious and we wish we could have stayed an extra day or two. We definitely recommend the Glen House and would return in an instant.

Room Tip: Definitely enjoy one of the two rooms at the front.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Hello,
A group of six of us (2 mature couples and 2 friends) stayed in The Glen House on 24th May '12 and what a treat was in store for us. We just could not believe our luck when we arrived at this beautiful B & B and to be met by the very pleasant, Sonia. She could not have been more helpful. The rooms were bright, clean, spacious and comfortable. We were given a lovely breakfast and then we all went off very satisfied and happy. Each of our group agreed that this lovely B&B is definitely worth a re-visit another time when we don't have to rush off like we did as we were on a tight schedule. The area was lovely too and the warm sunshine added to our enjoyment. This type of accommodation and hospitality is exactly what this country needs in abundance. The personal touch, you can't beat it.

Room Tip: We had a front room upstairs and had a really nice view from top window, looking to our left. Our fr...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greenpasteurs25
TheGlenHouse, Owner at The Glen House, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

I’m so pleased that you and your friends enjoyed your night with me here at The Glen House, and thank you for taking the time to sit and write your review. I’m also very pleased to hear that you would consider returning and I do hope I have the pleasure of meeting you all again in the near furture. Thank You.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I had a fantastic stay at Glen House and Sonia, the owner was extremely friendly and welcoming. We stayed in one of the larger rooms at the front which was beautifully decorated and in keeping with the feel of the whole house. It was spotlessly clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review for The Glen House, and thank you for your kind comments. I’m so pleased you found your stay a comfortable one and I hope we will see you again in the furture.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

The Glen House is a fabulous place.
Combine the wonderful room in the beautiful period house, then add in Sonia the owner, and it all adds up to a definite winner.
We stayed in one of the executive rooms (larger and with a sea view) and it was definitely worth the extra money. The room had lots of space, the bathroom wasn't cramped at all, and the entire place is clean. Wi-Fi in the room was strong and trouble-free.
We originally booked for two nights but enjoyed ourselves so much we added on a third night.
The Glen House is located in a great spot for touring the Inishowen Peninsula. We took drives each day to see the sights (Malin Head, Mamore Gap, Fort Dunree) and it was so nice to know we had The Glen House to come back to each night.

Room Tip: Pay the small extra amount for an executive room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Although I didn't stay here, several members of the family did, from age 70 - 4 and all were catered for excellently by Sonia and her team. They even put on a great birthday party for us with delicious Irish Stew and trifle! I highly recommend The Glen House for your stay in Donegal.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed three nights at Glen House in April 2012. Ennishowen and the accomadations at the Glen House were the best of my two week stay in Ireland. My room was lovely with a beautiful modern bath. Tea making facilities in room were the best I had in Ireland. Each room is different and each decorated with great beds, excellent linens and a wonderful mix of antiques and new furnishings.The breakface each morning was delicious served on antique porcelain china. You can also order breakfast and get exactly what you wish. Glen House has a tea room in the conservatory that is available during the day. You will not leave unhappy with the array of scones and sweet offerings. In the evening the hostess offerers drinks from the bar in the lounge. The Glen House hostess and her team are first class professionals with great tips and a wonderful Irish welcome. The guests that were there during my stay, from young couples to a family celebrating a birthday, to me a solo traveler were top notch. You can buy art from local artists and enjoy the waterfall hike which is litterally out the front door and up the path. I cannot wait to visit again.

Room Tip: Room #1 is the biggest and has a view of the sea. Room number 4 is super cozy and perfect for one of...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We had a lovely stay here in a large and beautiful room with lovely views towards the sea. Unfortunately we only stayed one night. It was very clean and the breakfast was traditionally Irish. Sonia was a lovely hostess and hopefully one day we will be able to return to Ireland and stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
TheGlenHouse, Owner at The Glen House, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for me here at The Glen House. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you would consider coming back again !! I hope I have the pleasure of your company again.

Been to The Glen House? Share your experiences!