This hotel has another name called "Paradise Inn". Accordingly to local tour guide, this was "the best" and "5-star" hotel in Lugu lake area but the truth is, it pales in comparison to all its neighbours, in my opinion, the worst in the area. I think a lot of the "smaller inns" are not publicised on the internet but around Lugu lake, there are actually many small and cozier-looking inns and many of them have available rooms for rent when we were there in late October.
What I found very misleading was the picture that shows a direct "lake-view" room of the inn. But in fact, most inns there have direct lake view of Lugu lake around that stretch.
The hotel was located right at the end of Lugu lake on a semi-separated island called Lige Island. What I disliked about the hotel was:
1) The room was dated, poorly-maintained, dark and gloomy.
2) The bed was extremely hard and bedsheets were stained.
3) There was hot water but only lasted a while - not the kind for you to enjoy a long hot shower after a day out in the cold.
4) There's no bedroom slippers, so you will have to bring from your previous hotel or your own as the floor is not something you want to walk barefooted on.
5) The balcony that was supposed to give access to full lake-view is directly linked to the bathroom, so if you are taking a shower, definitely it has to be closed as guests next door can easily look in. The balcony is made of wooden planks and some of the planks have given way, or are with holes in them.
6) It was also the ONLY hotel along the stretch with NO television.
For all of the above, the hotel is actually quite steep. We paid over 400RMB per night.
We made a booking for 2 nights but left after the first night as it was too unbearable. During our first night there, we caught a big spider in the bedroom and a cockroach in the toilet. We checked out the next morning because 1) the inn was crap and 2) Lugu lake is really such a small area that one doesn't need 2 full days there to tour the lake unless you are there on a SLOW R&R trip.
We cut short lugu lake and made our way back to Lijiang where more sightseeing can be done.
- Also Known As:
- Bi'An Hostel China/Ninglang County, Yunnan