We traveled in China for a month this year. We had such high hopes for this place. But it was the most disappointing. The view and location were the best on the island. But, that is all the positive that I can say about the place. Here is how I feel about the place:
1. The owner is long absent from the place. The workers could care less about the customers. They barely speak to you. When asked about what they recommend about traveling in the area, they say to check out the website. If you expect any service at all, this is not the place for you.
2. The rooms had a nice view but nothing else. Our room had a cracked toilet seat that was taped together. The tape was yellow. Pee perhaps? When we sat on it after covering it with paper, it broke off entirely. Well, at least the next person staying in that room will hopefully have new toilet seat. The room was not that clean either. So, if cleanliness is important to you, this is not the place for you. Our friend booked LiuRu, Bi’an’s best room. It was a really nice room. Still, it was not clean and the bathroom was outdated.
3. Every time that I went to try to use the computer, someone was on it playing card games. Why do people play card games on a computer at such a beautiful place is beyond me. But, that seems to be the theme. One night, it was raining outside. So, we thought that we would chit chat in the lobby and have a drink. But, all the other guests were either playing video games or watching TV/movies on their computers. It was so quite that you can hear a pin drop. Not a great atmosphere for vacation when we are looking to meet new people and enjoy new experiences. But, if you like a quite place where you can read a book and catch up on your TV, this is for you.
4. The two-bed room is bigger than the one-bed room. In the one-bed room, you have to walk through the bathroom to get to the balcony.
5. Shower was weak. Not the worst we had, but expected more from this place. Considering it’s price, I expected better bathroom.
Unlike all the other B&Bs we stayed at in China, they offered no assistance, zero interest in talking to us, and all they want from you is your money and to leave them alone. I am referring to the staff, not the owner. During our trip, we met many people who also stayed at Bi’an. They all said the same thing about the lack of any service from the staff. Many of these people were fellow B&B owners we met when we stayed at their places. They are all 100% better than Bi’an in terms of service. I am not saying that I need 5-star service. Their website clearly states they don’t offer that. But, they really offer no service.
When we were looking for the place when we first arrived, we went inside 里格半岛7号客栈 (No. 7 Lige Inn). The owner there was very helpful. Their place looked very nice. I know no one can beat Bi’an’s location. But, if I was to visit again, I will not stay at Bi’an.
If the owner is reading this, I wish that you would check on the place more often and perhaps get better staff. We stayed at numerous B&Bs during this trip. The service here is by far the worst.
- Also Known As:
- Bi'An Hostel China/Ninglang County, Yunnan