“magnificient villa stefanija, croatia”

Hotel Villa Stefanija
Ranked #1 of 2 Barban B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is style and service as it should be.
My mother and I arrived at 22.00, from Pula airport, and received the warmest welcome from Duska (hostest and owner). Followed by a superb fish dinner - at that late hour (we had asked).
Stefanija is in a lovely quiet setting, at the end of a lane, beautiful views (sea in the distance) and lovely wood walks, lovely pool. Perfect rooms, perfect breakfast - ask for good directions. Only half hour from Pula.
arthur & susan

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank A M
VillaStefanija, Owner at Hotel Villa Stefanija, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Susan and Arthur,
It was my pleasure to welcome you to my Villa Stefanija. Thank you for the lovely review.
Hope to see you again
Regards from sunny Puntera
Villa Stefanija Team

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We are very pleased with our stay at Villa Stefanija. View from the hotel is breathtaking, hosts are very friendly (and the dog Reo also!;)) we've felt like home and enjoyed very much! Beautiful nature and walks around the hill,our highest recommendations.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
VillaStefanija, Owner at Hotel Villa Stefanija, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

My dear guests,
Thank you for your beautiful words. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Hope to see you again.
Your Villa Stefanija Team with Reo ;)

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Villa Štefanija is a small, peaceful place in Istria Croatia . It was very relaxing, the small details was amazing. Rooms are big enough and clean. The restaurant was good, only breakfast can be better. They could use home made jams, honey, natural juice, home made butter, fruits and milk from village. Wellness was ok, clean good. The chef de la cusine was very good. Maybe with some more vegetables. The owner was a real good and nice.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same, sunny quite with seaside look
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
VillaStefanija, Manager at Hotel Villa Stefanija, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Ladies,
I'm glad that you had a good time and that you like the Villa Stefanija.
Your suggestions will be taken into account.
Hope to see you soon :)
All the best
Villa Stefanija

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Beautiful, peaceful, very relaxing, one of the best and breathtaking views in Croatia. Great food and best steak I have eaten. Rooms are warm and comfortable, wellness is very nice and private.
Just like home...

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
VillaStefanija, Owner at Hotel Villa Stefanija, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dragi Luka,
Hvala Vam na prekrasnim riječima.
Veselimo se Vašem ponovnom dolasku
Vaša Villa Štefanija

Dear Luka,
Thank you for your lovely words.
Looking forward to see you again
Your Villa Stefanija

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Comfortable accommodation, relaxing facilities and an excellent restaurant. The right place for a romantic weekend getaway from the city.Peaceful environment that provides the opportunity for an excellent holiday. Location on the half-hour drive from the urban settlements.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank JeanRouix
VillaStefanija, Owner at Hotel Villa Stefanija, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Poštovani,
Hvala Vam od srca što ste izdvojili vremena da napištite pozitivno mišljenje o boravku u našem malom hotelu. Takve lijepe komentare uvijek je lijepo pročitati.
Radujemo se našem ponovnom susretu.
Lijepi pozdrav iz Ville Štefanije :)

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I had a fabulous stay at Villa Stefanija. The place is wonderful, the attention to details in the room is incredible and the view is just amazing. The facilities are great and it was a pity we were too timid to try out the infinite pool despite the mild weather for a winter!
The owner is a formidable host and really knows how to take great care of her guests. It would be a shame to forget mentioning the chef who cooks delicious meals! Both will allow you to discover the products and recipes from the region.
The overal place leaves a feeling of simplicity, refinement whilst remaining authentic. Villa Stefanija is an ideal choice if you are looking to rest in a quiet place 20 minutes to half an hour away from most places in the Istra region.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hubert V
VillaStefanija, Owner at Hotel Villa Stefanija, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

My dear guests,
I'm glad that you spent a nice holiday at my small hotel and restaurant "Villa Stefanija".
Also thank you for such a lovely comment. It is always nice to know that the guests are satisfied with the provided service.
Hope to see you again.
All the best in the new year.
Your Villa Stefanija

Reviewed December 26, 2013

My friend and I stayed for two nights in August. It was a surprise visit that I'd booked for her 40th birthday. From the moment we arrived we were completely blown away. The website already gave us a sneak preview of the stunning location, but the views really need to be seen to be believed. The rooms were spotless but what really stood out for me was the warmth and hospitality offered by Duška and her staff. I've been lucky enough to stay in many lovely places but rarely do you encounter such a genuine and warm-hearted welcome when you are staying in accommodation offering such luxury. I cannot express how well we were treated during our stay. One evening we drove to Rovinj and on the second night we dined in the restaurant at the Villa. Apparently I was the first ever vegetarian they had ever served! As a self-confessed food snob I admit to being slightly nervous but I was served the most incredible home-made pasta with Istrian truffles... one of the most memorable meals I've ever had. It was flawless. The ONLY reason I haven't rated this hotel as 'excellent' is because the wellness facilities weren't open when we were there. I also enquired about massage before we arrived and felt this was a little overpriced. Those aspects aside, I highly recommend Villa Stefanija to you and all of my friends. I can't wait to go back! If you are looking for luxury without the stuffiness in a stunning rural location then this place is for you. Book it. NOW!

Room Tip: We stayed in Luca. I emailed in advance and Duška kindly converted this room into a twin for us to s...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank thinkgravity

My dear guests,
I am very happy to hear that you had a great stay at my small hotel & restaurant Villa Stefanija.
Thank you for lovely review.
All the best for the new year and hope you will visit me again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Barban
Hotel Peteani
#5 of 13 in Rabac
Casa Alice
Casa Alice
#2 of 49 in Rovinj

Been to Hotel Villa Stefanija? Share your experiences!