The Dukes Retreat
$89
$44
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Fariyas Resort Lonavala(Lonavala)(Great Value!)
$111
$107
  • Breakfast included
Crystal County Resort(Lonavala)(Great Value!)
$98
Agoda.com
Mayur Retreat(Lonavala)(Great Value!)
$52
Neel Resort(Khandala)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsvalley viewhigh pointdeluxe roomsduchess restaurantexcellent viewmumbai pune expresswayswimming poolmonsoon seasonpanorama cafebadminton courtroom servicein room dininglunch and dinnershort breakhigher sidethe upper deckmagic show
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I along with my wife staryed here for 1 night (18th Nov 2013). The hotel is just 5 mins drive from Khandala exit on Expressway. The location of the hotel is simply awesome. The arrangement on the rooms are such that every room get the valley from their windows. We opted for Executive rooms which were reasonable large and there was nice homely feel to the room. The room was clean, the interior looked contemporary and beds were cozy too.

The hotel has a swimming pool, garden for children, cafe and a deck from which you get a beautiful view of the nature. It also has couple of conference rooms which we didnt check out.

Hotel service was first class. Hotel staff was warm and approaching. All our requests were attended promptly. No issues on that front.

Yes, food is very expensive here. We opted for package meal which included lunch, dinner and breakfast the next day. Quality of food was just ok and was not worth the money they took for it.

Overall its a good hotel to spend a day or two to just relax and enjoy the hills away from the city hustle bustle.

Room Tip: All rooms are valley facing and spacious
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SahirHadkar
The_Dukes_Retreat, General Manager at The Dukes Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for checking-in with us and sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

Set on the edge of a 500 foot cliff with breathtaking views of the Khandala Ghat, The Dukes Retreat is a perfect escapade for leisure and business travelers. The rooms are spacious and have a fresh modern décor with enchanting views of the Ghats. I am overwhelmed to know you and your wife had a pleasant stay. I have shared your positive comments with our associates and they are delighted to receive your words of praise.

Also, I would like to mention that the food pricing is guided by the par excellent services that we offer. However, we have noted your concern about the quality of food and our team in the kitchen will take the corrective measures to offer the best culinary experience to guests.
We thank you once again for your support and look forward to your continued visits.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We have been visiting Dukes since forever.... It always has a homely feeling.. The staff is an absolute delight and uber helpful. Everytime i visit its a memorable experience..... The only thing i wish would be if you could revamp your breakfast menu..... everything else is AWESOME !!!!

Room Tip: Always go for the deluxe room on the ground it has a sitting area which is awesome
1  Thank Huma K
The_Dukes_Retreat, General Manager at The Dukes Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you at The Dukes Retreat. We are grateful to you for your continued support and patronage.

Set on the top of a mountain, our resort in Lonavala is a mesmerizing destination to relax and unwind. It makes us immensely happy to know that we succeeded in making your every visit memorable. Our associates strive to attend to guests’ requests with utmost flair and your special appreciation of their efforts has inspired them. We are glad to note that you had a home away from home experience at our resort and we will certainly incorporate your suggestion regarding the breakfast menu to make your next visit even better.

We thank you for your custom. It has always been a delight to host you at our accommodation in Lonavala and we look forward to your continued visits.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was accompanied by my one year old twins, and thanks to the service , my stay was memorable and my kids had great fun. right from the room to the location, the view from the balcony, all was amazing. the food was good and they helped me with infant food instantly. My only problem with the stay was the swimming pool which did not have a temperature control. The water was chilly and my kids could not use it.

1  Thank archanabajaj
The_Dukes_Retreat, General Manager at The Dukes Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for joining us at our resort with your family. It was a pleasure having you with us and we are delighted that you enjoyed the experience with us as much as we enjoyed being at your service.

The Dukes Retreat is an ideal destination to relax and unwind with friends and family. Your special appreciation of our service has made the entire team ecstatic and they are eagerly awaiting to welcome you back. We have noted your suggestion with regard to temperature control of the pool and would look at the feasibility of incorporating the same during product up gradation.

We thank you again for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back.

On behalf of the ladies & gentlemen of The Dukes Retreat

General manager

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I am so glad that we came here. I had a bit of a challenge getting through with their contact numbers. But it seems they had a genuine problem as even though I reached them a day before making the trip, they went out of the way to reserve the best "Deluxe" room with the best possible view - 109. Great view. I was travelling with my grand-father and it worked out great as this one had a balcony overlooking the valley. Breath-taking view - best time I had with my grand-father. Service was impeccable - wheel chair access through. Dial 6 and I would have someone within 5 minutes - that is called 5 star service. I couldn't have chosen a better option in Khandala. Thanks everyone on Trip advisor for the accurate reviews and tips. Thank you Pete and Jayant - I really appreciate you going out of the way for making my stay memorable.

Room Tip: Room no. 109 has an awesome view. If you like a balcony for privacy even more recommended.
1  Thank Keyur S
The_Dukes_Retreat, General Manager at The Dukes Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review on this public platform.

We are glad that our location, rooms and service were at par with your expectations and that you had a memorable sojourn. We endeavor to extend a hassle-free experience to our guests and are pleased to receive an acknowledgement of our efforts through your testimony. We also thank you for the special mention of our associates that has motivated the entire team to strive for excellence.

Once again, thank you for giving us an opportunity to welcome you at our hotel in Khandala. We look forward to the pleasure of having you back with us again.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had been this Diwali to the resort for 1 day.
It was a very bad experience. From entry no one to guide u where to drive.
None of the staff to take responsibility . It was like passing the parcel when asked for a help
Restaurant having strong non- v eg food.
Had to call multiple time for housekeeping service for same thing.
NO LABLE OF FOOD ITEM AT BUFFET, COULD. NOT GET WETHER VEG OR. NON-VEG ITEM WHERE THEY.
Food items r very expensive compared to the quality of food.
Not worth staying

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pkjoshi

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to patronize The Dukes Retreat and taking time out to share your feedback.

As indicated in your feedback and the personal interactions with the team during your stay, we have noted the areas for improvement and you would also agree that we have also been able to address the concerns during your stay itself.

We look forward to welcoming you back and assure you of an even better experience.

On behalf of the ladies and gentlemen of The Dukes Retreat