Mystica Resort(Khandala)
$65
Priceline
$70
Priceline
All reviewsvalley viewhigh pointdeluxe roomsduchess restaurantswimming poolexcellent viewmumbai pune expresswaymonsoon seasonbadminton courtroom servicepanorama cafein room dininglunch and dinnershort breakthe upper deckbreakfast spreadhigher side
Reviewed October 6, 2013

If you are looking for a perfect view from your restaurant and your room ..this is the place to be in Khandala..
The breakfast is pretty good,,lunch and dinner not that great...
It has a decent activity room
They can have a better spa/massage facility..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
The_Dukes_Retreat, General Manager at The Dukes Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage following your recent stay at our hotel.

Yes, we do agree with you that embracing nature, The Dukes Retreat is the ideal location for vacations and business trips. We offer an eclectic mix of cuisines to suit every taste and preference, while you enjoyed the breakfast spread, I am disappointed to know that you did not find the other meals at par with your expectations. I duly accept your advice regarding the spa facilities and assure you that will make whatever provisions we can to the best of our guest’s comfort.

We look forward to the pleasure of having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have been a regular visitor to this hotel. This was my third visit in the year 2013 and must say that i have decided not to ever visit this hotel again. Let me highlight what use to attract me about this hotel, Location (Valley View) and Food. Food quality of the hotel is degrading over the time, the choice of menu isnt good and taste and quality of food is in-consistent. In place like Shirdi where Sun n Sand is the only 5 star hotel, one would get better buffet break fast menu than that served in Duke. The plate that i picked for taking dinner had dust mite and next morning when i was taking buffet breakfast, i saw ant in the idli container. No one pays 11,000/- per day to experience all this. The service is also substandard in terms of attending the guest in the Duchess Restaurant. The shower in my room was not working properely and was choked which was cleaned when i complained about the same. They do not have colors channel, despite my several request they didnt add colors in the Tata Sky package that the hotel has in every rooms; this could have been easily done. I am a foodie, very finicky in terms of hotel service that i get for the bucks paid and definitely this hotel is not worth the money paid. My next to explore in Lonavala will be Upper Deck.

I have stayed in this hotels Suite Room, Executive and Delux. If one really wants to choose a room to enjoy the valley view then it has to be Delux Room that has breathtaking view of the valley; Suite and Executive is useless.

My request to the management is stop taking things for granted as location alone may not help you sustain business if services drop to the level it is dropping. My frequency of personal visit should have been a good indicator for the hotel in terms of how much liked the hotel, i have celebrated my bday, my daughter's bday in this hotel and this was the 3rd visit.

Room Tip: Go only for Delux room of you want to enjoy the panaromic valley view
1  Thank Subhash2013
The_Dukes_Retreat, General Manager at The Dukes Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

We express our gratitude for your repeated patronage and sharing your constructive feedback with us.

We endeavor to offer the best of the services and facilities to all our discerning guests and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience experienced due to the deficiencies experienced during your stay. We wanted to assure you that we have initiated appropriate corrective actions in each of the instances to address the gaps experienced.

We would request you to consider the deficiencies to be an aberration and not a reflection of our normal standards and look forward to your continued patronage.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This being first trip with our 5 months old baby I was very particular about choosing the right hotel to stay. And after lot of research on Tripadvisor I zeroed in on Dukes Retreat (Though I overshot my budget considerably!!!) and this proved to be our best decision.

We had booked Executive room however the management upgraded us to Deluxe rooms without any extra charge (as it was weekday and occupancy was less). Deluxe rooms have extra seating space & a balcony with valley & waterfall view.

Pros:
1. Great Location with breathtaking views from the rooms.
2. Excellent rooms with latest interiors & a very clean bathroom.
3. A well maintained Swimming Pool & Games Room (Pool table & Video Game are chargeable)
4. Attentive Staff
5. Breakfast Spread is really good & delicious with wide variety.
6. Hassle free Check In & Check Out process

Cons:
Really difficult to think of but still can mention the below ones:
1. Food is quite expensive if you decide to have Lunch & Dinner in the resort itself.
2. Tata Sky Connection has limited number of channels.

However comparing to the positive things the cons are really neglectable. We really enjoyed & relaxed in our 2 day stay at this resort & highly recommend this property if you are ready to spend some extra bucks...

Room Tip: Deluxe Rooms are huge and provide breathtaking view...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shahamit82

Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent family trip to Khandala and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor with fellow travellers.

It fills us with immense delight to know that you found our services and the overall ambience of the place par excellence. In the lap of nature, Dukes Retreat is an ideal place for business or leisure travel.

We have also noted your feedback about the limited number of channels on the Tata Sky Connection and are initiating appropriate actions to address the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back and assure you of an even better experience.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I recently visited Dukes Retreat, Khandala for short 2 days break! Hotel has excellent view and is surrounded by Hills and Valley from all the sides! Very peaceful property with Excellent aminities. Swiming pool is very good! The Upper Deck provides excellent view of surrounding hills and valley along with Pune Mumbai Expressway.
Food quality and service is also excellent. Well maintained property!
Ayurvedic message spa was below average! Not much activities are conducted in resort!
TV Channels on room TV are also restricted.
Surprisingly occupancy was very less! So could enjoy more!
Perfect holiday destination for a short break of two days!

Room Tip: Choose Deluxe rooms with excellent view of Valley!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shitalnahar
The_Dukes_Retreat, General Manager at The Dukes Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to patronize The Dukes Retreat and taking time out to share your experience.

All of us at The Dukes Retreat are delighted that you enjoyed the experience with us as much as we enjoyed being at your service.

We look forward to welcoming you back and assure you of ensuring an even better experience.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I recently came back from Khandala. I went there for an office off-site and stayed at Duke's Retreat for 1 night.
This place is comfortable and the rooms are pretty huge. I dont know the category of room booked, but it had a sitting area with an attached balcony and a bedroom with an attached open air shower. Plus there was a bathroom with all toiletries added.
I really liked the breakfast served and found it to be super yumm! :)
Since we were 3 friends sharing the room-we needed one extra bed. At night when we came back to our room we found the bed set in place-but I did not expect the bed to be creaky. Maybe coz it was a folding bed, but the bed creaked the entire night and when I first sat on it-it seemed as if it was gonna collapse (and I am a small built person not overweight :)).
The walk path which we need to take to go to our rooms was wet. Though it could be because of the constant rains-but a better overhead coverage can be thought about. Personally, I do not like walking on wet path with the room at times getting mucky coz of this.

Overall-nice comfortable stay! A few touches here and there would benefit your hotel. Thank you for making our stay comfortable!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank G0paT

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your delightful review on this forum.

It is a pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable trip and found our amenities worthy of appreciation. We also want to inform you that we have duly noted the concern that you have pointed and appropriate actions will be implemented soon.

We thank you again for your patronage and review. We hope you would soon give us another opportunity to serve you at our hotel.