Mystica Resort(Khandala)
  • Breakfast included
Neel Resort(Khandala)
Lalit Inn(Khandala)
Hotels.com
All reviewsvalley viewhigh pointdeluxe roomsduchess restaurantswimming poolexcellent viewmumbai pune expresswaymonsoon seasonbadminton courtroom servicepanorama cafein room dininglunch and dinnershort breakthe upper deckbreakfast spreadhigher side
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Excellent location equipped with inhouse entertainment for all. gym pool and spa. And the spread of buffet is excellent too.The rooms are spacious and has a breathtaking valley view. Overall it is a perfect place for relaxation. It also gives u an access to
Lonavala which is very closeby. A drive in between the valley gives one an opportunity to drop behind the bag of pressure home. overall guys its a home away from home with all the luxury and pamper. so enjoy what r u waiting for book now.

• Stayed: October 2011
RahulKanungo, General Manager at The Dukes Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Dear Perfectio

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you have had a comfortable stay and happy with all the services provided during your stay.

Khandala is truly a great experience specially driving through the roads in the old Khandala.

Next time when you are around we will introduce to Veeru who is our guide and he can take you along the terrain to the most remote corners of the Hills where you can enjoy breathtaking view of the Sayahadri range

Look forward to your visit to Dukes

regards

Rahul Kanungo - rahul.kanungo@keyshotels.com

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Duke's Retreat has the advantage of the best location in Khandala. The rooms are absolutely amazing and well designed. The upkeep is very good and there is no cause for complaint on that parameter.
The larger rooms have a small patio which makes for a lovely place for your morning cuppa or a sundowner. Overall a delightful place to recharge.
The pool is large and nice as is the delightfully located gym for the morning workout. The restaurants have a great view. The staff is helpful but a bit more training would not be amiss.

However, for a resort of this price range, I thought the food quality was awful. They had a wide range of offerings but nothing stood out and more often than not I survived on salads and fruits with some sandwiches to go along. The conference rooms are nice however the systems have not been upgraded to today's times and an improvement here is overdue.

But all in all, still worth a visit.

Dear Sunil R Shetty

Thank you for your precious time to offer your feedback. We are extremely glad to know that you have had a comfortable stay with us and really liked the rooms and other facilities.

We also made a note of your feedback regarding the food and the same was shared with my colleagues in the Food production department and the menus are revisited. I am sure you will enjoy your meal at the Dukes when you visit us again.

We as a practice do take the feedback of the Group and Mr. Mehta who was the coordinating with us gave us a very positive feedback about the food. Had we know your food preferences, our chefs would have more than delighted to cook for you.

Will be looking forward to your visit to Dukes again and this time we will ensure that you enjoy the food also

Best regards

Reviewed March 18, 2012

The moment you enter the hotel, at the reception area, you are welcomed by a gentle flow of fresh air. The hotel perched on top of a hill has the most fantastic and exclusive view of khandala which no other hotel here can boast of. In fact the hotel is made in a way, where the entrance is actualy the fourth floor, and all other rooms are located below (similar to the hotels in Simla) rooms are very clean and the entire property is well kept. I loved the pool. All restaurants have a breathtaking view. The food has a wide spread but could defi taste better.

All in all, worth the view!

Room Tip: stay away from rooms 18 series onwards (118,218,318) as they dont offer a great view)
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
RahulKanungo, General Manager at The Dukes Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Dear Mr. Zubin

Greetings from Dukes Retreat.

We thank you for being with us and also for your time to share your feedback about the property.
We are extremely happy to note that you and family have had a very comfortable stay.

We will be looking forward to see you in monsoon when the Khandala is at its best. The rain, mist and the clouds converts this corner of the country into a different place all to gather.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I visited for a conference after so many years on 17 March. The rooms had all the charm after so many years. However low on staff, they seem to have hired some uneducated people as waiters . While food was good some funny examples of uneducated waiters. On breakfast, when I asked for milk tea, I was told to call room service. The butter Naan was uncooked at lunch actually made me sick. I had told the server (same who told me to order room service at breakfast) that it was kuccha but almost force served me saying aisa he hota hai. I was getting late hence ate it resulting in sickness.

1  Thank AjitJoshi

Dear Mr. Joshi

Greetings from Dukes Retreat.

We thank you for being with us after such a long duration and we are happy that you found the resort facilities to your liking.

We made a note of your feedback on the services being offered at the Duchess restaurant and the quality of bread being served and the same were shared with my colleagues.

Unfortunately it was one of the aspiring hotel management student who attended your request and could not offer the level of service, usually offered by Dukes in normal course and we will ensure that the level of service is maintained in the resort.

I apologies for the same and look forward to your visit to Dukes Retreat.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Wen I first went to dukes retreat I came across a very very friendly staff his name was Yasser !!! Must say dis man has talent and knows how to define customer service !!! Because of his warm and friendly welcome I planned several trips to dukes but my last and final trip to dukes turned out to be very sour because mr Yasser was on leave and in his absence it was mr. Girish !!! Who do rude and arrogant dat u Wouldnt like to come here again !!! It was a very humiliating experience !!! But the place is excellent wid excellent staff like Yasser except for Mr. Girish !!!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Alizscool

Dear Mr. Ali

First of all we would like to thank you for your precious time to offer your feedback over the phone and we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I had personally investigated the same and your feedback was taken up with the concerned Manager.

Since your last visit was on a special day ( 14th February, 2012 ) , the adhoc rate which was offered earlier could not be extended . However we have updated your profile in our system and we will ensure best possible rates extended to you during your visit to Dukes.

Please let me know when you intend to visit dukes again and it will be a pleasure to meet you in person

Once again I apologies for the same and look forward to your visit to Dukes Retreat.

PLease do not miss the opportunity to visit dukes during the monsoon which is a real feast to the eye and heart.