$71
Hotel Belvue(Brussels)
$53
  • Restaurant
Citadines Sainte-Catherine Brussels(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$86
Hotel Noga Brussels(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$81
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $111/night.

The Residence Les Ecrins(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$88
  • Breakfast included
Brussels Welcome Hotel(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$96
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

$107
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Cafe Pacific(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$205
$102
Hotel George V(Brussels)
$73
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Came to town for a stag do and rented the apartment room with 2 double rooms. We only payed 100 Euros between all 4 of us, so it was only 25 Euros per head, and we were only staying one night.

We were expecting bad, but it was a place to sleep in for a few hours after a boys night out, so we weren't that bothered. When we got there, we waited at the bar having a beer (6 beers in total, 17 euros). The staff weren't the friendliest or most helpful I've seen around, but hey, we weren't needing advice on what to visit or do while we were there, so we weren't bothered. We joked around about having "room 101" and when we got to it, eventually were surprised... genuinly.

Large appartment, with the entrance going into the dining area with a kitchenette, from there you could access the shower room , a large living room with ugly sofas, and one twin room and a double room.

Lighting, just strip office lighting, ceiling was also office building style, and curtains, well, not really curtains, just vertical strips of thin fabric which let all the light in.

The most amusing of all for us was, in a very surreal creepy way, the fact that half the ceiling was missing in the double room, and the seemed to be a splash of blood on the "curtains" in the twin room (was probably ketchup or something, we hoped).

The WORST of all was the following morning when we went down for breakfast and found, no juice left, and no water visible. So we asked the staff if they could bring out more juice, they said they had run out, so we said, ok, no problem, just some water would be nice then, to which they replied "I'll go out and buy some juice, will be back in 3 minutes"... 5 minutes later we asked them for water again, they replied that the guy would be back in a minute... 5 minutes later we said, look, we only want some tap water, so they gave us a couple small bottles of water looking quite grumpy about it.

Check out the photos, I'm glad we stayed at this place, because we wanted a fun experience, and weren't going with the idea of sleeping at the best hotel in town.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank jodydeath
Reviewed April 27, 2012

After reading the reviews I was expecting the worse and it was too late to change the reservation, but in the end it looked out well.
Pros:
- Single room was big and the bed very comfortable
- Good heating system and water pressure
- Very close to metro station Ribaucourt (1 minute walk)
- Breakfast is good
Cons:
- Neighborhood looks dangerous
- Noise of drills and hammer at 7 am
- Doors is not isolated at all, you can hear all the noise on the hall and air is flowing under
- On the walls there were marks of a not very recent flood

In conclusion: it was way too expensive comparing to what's offered and I wouldn't rent it again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank est1vest2
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Be aware that this hotel has very narrow stairs to the top two floors. We were offered a room on the top floor, but with two small children, the ladder-like stairs were simply too dangerous to negotiate. We refused to stay - to which the reception staff said Okay.

Plus, the neighborhood is seedy and the hotel stank of cigarettes. Unfortunately, they charged us, even though the reception staff let us look at the room before deciding to stay -- they still haven't returned our money.

So, all in all a bad place -- dangerous and dishonest.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank WineCycling2014
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I arrived here at 8pm and was quickly checked in and then told my room was on the 5th floor but the lift only went upto the 4th floor. Not a problem as I didn't mind the short flight of stairs to my room, or should that be apartment!?

Well, what can I say? I opened the door and it looked promising - a largish bedroom area with a single bed, armchair, bedside table with lamp, small LCD TV on the wall, a wardrobe and a glass topped table and stool next to a very out of place looking fridge. The bathroom was massive with the usual sink, toilet and shower and was covered in red tiles.

I thought "what a wonderful place"; then I started to look beneath the surface: the small lamp on the bedside table had no bulb, the nice clock on the wall had no battery, the LCD TV couldn't be adjusted so when sat or lying on the bed the picture was distorted (the only way to watch the TV properly was to stand up!), the fridge was not turned on when I went to put in some cans of beer and I soon discoverd why - it had a UK 3 pin plug so couldn't be plugged in!

Some of the light switches and sockets (especially in the bathroom) were wonky and looked like they had been fitted by a child; and then on the morning I was due to leave I filled the sink in the bathroom and then the plug mechanism (one of those ones with a little lever that you pull up or puch down) stopped working meaning I couldn't empty the sink.

Oh, almost forgot that I was woken by builders next door with hammers and drills at 8am.

Maybe all of the above explains why I only paid 53 euros for the night, and even then I think I was ripped off.

13 euros would have been more acceptable!

Room Tip: For one of the better rooms... don't stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank ManS0L0
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I booked a single studio this place primarily because it was so much cheaper than anything else available in Brussels at the time.

It is on one of the main roads heading out to the West of the center. One big plus is that there is a metro station right across the road from where it takes literally a few minutes to get to Rogier in the central area. There are also buses and trams outside but I didn't use these. The area itself is a little bit tatty but not by any means the worst in Brussels. It never felt anything other than safe to me day or night.

First I must compliment the family who run this place. Without exception, they were friendly and welcoming my whole stay. Indeed it was their general friendliness and demeanour that helped assuage the main issue I had. This was that, for the first two nights of my stay the wifi connection in my room was pretty well non-existant. I am aware this may not matter for some, to me it was a very serious issue. So much so that I almost checked out after day one of a four day stay. It was resolved by the third day. After which it was a good, strong and reliable signal.

My room was a single studio on the fifth floor. The elevator only goes up to floor four so one flight of stairs was involved. It was basic but clean with a single bed. The lighting could have been better to be frank, the only option being the main room light. There was a small bedside lamp but it had no bulb in it. The bathroom light was somewhat underpowered for the size of the room, particularly as there was no natural light in there. There was a fridge which was useful and a kettle which I didn't use. My studio did not have a kitchenette, my understanding is that some do. There was a tiny TV mounted on the wall, ten inch screen I think, it showed only Belgian channels. The shower took several minutes to run warm water. I disliked seeing so much water go to waste. That said, once it got there is was powerful and refreshing. As I was on the front of the hotel there was some street noise to contend with. As I am a good sleeper, this was usually no issue but on one night police sirens in the street were enough to waken me. If it is a problem, make sure you get a room at the back of this hotel.

The buffet breakfast was very good by Belgian standards. It included hot bacon and scrambled eggs, a good selection of cold meats and cereals, yogurts, juice, cereals and various mini breads such as croissants and pain au chocolat. The only obvious thing that was missing for me was fruit of any kind.

This place is not without its faults, certainly it could best be described as clean and basic rather than luxurious. That said it represents great value for those wanting to stay close to central Brussels.

Room Tip: If noise is an issue for you, ask for a room at the rear.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business