“My Cairns unique experiences!!”
Review of Villa Marine

Villa Marine
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yorkeys Knob
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stayed 2 weeks in Villa Marine and I just loved it. It's a nice place to stay and it's 2 minutes walk from the beach!! The unit I was in had all you need to be comfortable.
Peter, the manager is very kind and he was always available to help me.
The unique experiences I lived there were the top of my trip ... They were cutting down a banana tree and I could help!!! ... and I ate a fresh banana right there!!
Also I saw many Ulises (the most beautiful butterfly ever) and green frogs around ... just something I will never forget. Cheers from Chile!! :)

Room Tip: I loved my tropical apartament!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Villa Marine apartments gave me exactly what I needed: a quiet, peaceful stay in a beautiful tropical garden setting. There's a pool surrounded by palms, or you can walk to a quiet beach. I liked the feeling of complete independence: I could do my own thing at leisure. The owner/manager Peter is very helpful if you want to get out and sail to the Reef - he'll book the one you want for you. Reasonable tariff and SO relaxing... CMcF

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed 4 nights at Villa Marine in February 2014. Great location. Great value. Outstanding service from owner/operator Peter. Peter set up our Great Barrier Reef diving and Green Island excursions. Peter is a diver and his recommendation to go to the outer reef was spot on. Peter also set up our Kuranda tour via scenic railroad and skyway return. Our room was clean and the kitchenette handy for fixing a quiet meal after a full day of sightseeing. A stay at Villa Marine for your visit to Cairns is highly recommended. Frank Buzzard

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed for three nights at Villa Marine Holiday Apartments. My unit had a nice equipped kitchenette. Milk, tea and coffee supplied. Pool was also nice. The beach was half a street block away. Beach has an anti stinger net in place. Nice and quiet being convenient to Cairns by car or bus.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I trallvelled along the east coast in Australia and villa marine is the only place where I could sleep whitout earplugs, is placed in yorkeys knob 20 minutes from cairns whit the bus and the bus stop is about 20 metres from here but you don't need to go in cairns many times because In yorkeys knob there is already everything you need, beach, mall, rainforest. The accommodation are very fine whit kitchen, bathroom and air con but I prefer to use the fan on the roof because give more tropical atmosphere, there is a garden inside the structure full of small wildlife like frogs and a nice swimming pool where you can relax and if you want to do tours the manger is always ready to help you find something

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I am having an amazing stay at villa marine. My girlfriend and I happened on it by chance, but we are so glad it is part of our vacation. The setting is quiet and beautiful, and the pool is very nice. Villa marine is in an amazing location right between the beach and the rainforest. The rooms are spotless, stylish and comfortable. The prices are very low, and the owner Peter is extremely nice and helpful. He also has a travel office onsite that can get amazing deals. Definetely come check it out here, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Comfortable. Great pool area and garden. Not truly a "beach apartment" as the beach is a few hundred metres away and not visible at all from the establishment. Knowledgeable and very enthusiastic host, Peter - can be a little but pushy but suppose it's his passion for Cairns pushing through :) Nicely put together our tours to the Great Barrier Reef and Kuranda Rain Forest.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a real "beach apartment" with sea views, this is not it. If you...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Shangri-La Hotel, The Marina, Cairns
Cairns Beach Resort
Cairns Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Holloways Beach

Been to Villa Marine? Share your experiences!