“Jungle accomodation in the city of Cairns”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Marine

Villa Marine
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yorkeys Knob
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Budapest, Hungary
“Jungle accomodation in the city of Cairns”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location, real jungle atmosphere with morning concerts performed by the nice birds, reptiles and brush turkeys in the garden, flying fox in the dark air.
Friendly and in any time ready for help staff, comfy and cosy apartment with spacious rooms. The beds have very god matrresses, spotless beddings and towels were provided. Manicured garden with nice plants. All the rooms were well airconditioned. These were well enough to get the sense of well-being in Cairns. Elsewhere for that money just a cabin is available with bunkbeds. The service provided by the Villa Marine is worth the money!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Coventry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our second visit to Villa Marine and we found it just as good as we did 2 years ago. Peter is a wonderful host with excellent advice on what to do & see around the area, and can make all the bookings for you. A trip to the reef is a must and you need to be prepared for an early start & a road journey into Cairns to catch the boat, though this is usually provided by the excursion companies.

This is not huge luxurious accommodation! The units are what I would call traditional and motel in style but with full self catering facilities - though the laundry is communal. They are clean, the beds very comfortable with nice linen and all have a small sitting out patio area under cover. There is plenty of tropical foliage around the units and the dawn chorus is very entertaining!

Part of Yorkeys northern beach charm is that it is a very quiet area but with a great beach, only a couple of minutes walk from Villa Marine. There are limited cafes & restaurants in the immediate area but that's why we booked self catering accommodation, to do it (mostly)ourselves!! Having said that, the nearby Boat Club has a wonderful setting and provides great food and a courtesy bus to local accommodation, and Krokodillos in the small shopping centre with it's new management is also worth a visit.

Once again a most enjoyable stay - thank you Peter.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HazydaysCoventry
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Great stay. Excellent helpful host. Fantastic location so close to the beach. Units beautiful and clean and very roomy. Great to have a full kitchen as well. Would definitely return if we get the opportunity.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fay B
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Such a nice place. I’ve stayed there twice (April 2012 & June 2013) and both times I felt welcomed. I loved the rooms and their decoration, especially because they were not like hotel rooms. Here I found rooms with character and heart. The manager was very helpful and caring and gave us great advice for tours. Perfect for our lazy mood the last days, pool was right there and the beach not far at all. If I ever come back to Cairns, I’ll stay there again for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boonah, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I visited this beautiful holiday hotel for a couple of days in September. The room is clean and the decorations around the room are wonderful. Besides,I can even make meals or cake in the room since there's a kitchen in the room. Outside the room, the view here is awesome and I enjoyed being surrounded by the rain forest. I sometimes walked just within 1 minute to the beach to enjoyed my afternoon. The staff here is very friendly and they also help me booking the cheapest tours in Cairns. I had a great time here. See you next time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here Aug 9 - 11, 2013. We were pleased to find Villa Marine, many places already booked. It was ideal for a short stay. Tucked into the rainforest and only 1 block from the beach. Managers very helpful, everyone friendly. We had a one bedroom, very clean, and the kitchen was nice to have. We loved to listen to the birds in the morning! It is not a new place but taken care of and with only seven units, a quiet retreat. It may be a bit expensive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I really love Villa Marine and I can't wait to come back to enjoy the serenity side of life again.

After a hectic and stressful time in my life recently, I needed a place to getaway from it all to relax, refocus and recharge my batteries. I came across Villa Marine website, looked at all the descriptions, photos and reviews and with confidence decided I'd give it a shot.

I booked in for a 10 days, but I ended up staying for an extra week.

It was such a peaceful relaxing place and 'Pete' the manager just couldn't do enough for you. They have a terrific array of touristy options. Pete was really helpful with advice and was happy to do the arrangements.

The beach was 50m away and the yacht club was a bit further, but well worth the walk or short drive to experience a relaxing meal on the water's edge. I could go on, but you get the idea.

If you're looking for the bright lights and city experience, maybe stay elsewhere. Villa Marine in Yorkeys Knob has a charm all of it's own and is the ideal getaway experience.

Thanks heaps for everything Pete and I look forward coming up again very soon.

Neil from Melbourne

Room Tip: All the rooms are rustically wonderful and overlook the lawn and pool area, but the ones furthest fr...