We booked Golden Sands as a chill out time at the beginning of our tour of Australia. We were not disappointed. Brian and Qui Qui were the perfect hosts, helping us to book a wonderful day at the Barrier Reef (operator Reef Magic) and superb views of the Rain Forest from the Skyrail.
The appartment offered everything we needed and the restaurant downstairs served lovely meals with great service (although I don't know how they made money because there were only ever a few people in there).
Yorkie's Knob beach was beautiful and windy!
We would recommend hiring a car (Brian will organise one to be dropped off at the door) as eating out options will otherwise be very restricted and there are some great beaches nearby which would otherwise be missed.
We recommend Golden Sands for a peaceful, relaxing break in beautiful surroundings.
Jas and Diane (26.07.08)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star, 32 self-contained holiday apartments, 1 and 2 bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Golden Sands Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Golden Sands Beachfront
- Golden Sands Beachfront Resort Yorkeys Knob, Cairns Region, Australia