It has been a couple of years since we stayed at the Golden Sands Resort; the place looks quite fresh, Roy our manager was great to deal with and the stay was very pleasant indeed. The exterior has had a spruce up; the two units I have been staying in had fresh tiles and the tired furniture has been updated; clean & bright.
I love the location, it is great that the cyclone did little visual damage to the area; a few trees have disappeared from the view and the beach looks even closer! The restaurant is not functioning at present due to the cyclone event; but it really is business as usual in every other way!
This is still my lodging of choice in the Northern Beaches area, the local food and restaurant offerings - including the new Thai Star of Siam are great and I never miss a visit to the Boat Club; but not Monday nights as that is the big local evening and it is difficult to get a seat! Yorkey's Knob is hard to beat; the Golden Sands Resort is the icing on the proverbial cake!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star, 32 self-contained holiday apartments, 1 and 2 bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Golden Sands Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Golden Sands Beachfront
- Golden Sands Beachfront Resort Yorkeys Knob, Cairns Region, Australia