“Great for your first start on an ATV”
Review of Blazing Saddles

Blazing Saddles
Book In Advance
More Info
$102.81*
and up
Horse Riding Tour from Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: Blazing Saddles is the longest established horse riding and quad bike tour company in Far North Queensland. Locally owned and operated, it is now located only 10mins from both Cairns and Northern Beaches to suit even the most time conscious visitor or perfect for a soft adventure activity for the whole family!Blazing Saddles is now a working sugar cane farm and the property also boasts an 18 acre billabong which is abundant with native birds and amphibious creatures of all shapes and sizes! You will also meet our resident geese, peacocks and ducks, perhaps even spot a crocodile!We cater for large groups as well as the corporate and incentive market making these activities great for team building ideas.Our Horse-riding tour offers a safe, relaxing way to meander through rainforest pockets, mangrove wetland, sugarcane fields and native bush! With a stable of horses to suit all ages and levels, this is a perfect family adventure. Our horses have a friendly, mature nature and will be matched to each riders experience and ability. Draw up on horse-back alongside our 18 acre billabong for a billy tea over a camp fire and the chance to see a croc in the wild!Our Quad Bikes are easy to ride and provide the perfect adventure. With a fleet of both 90cc and 250cc bikes, your guides will ensure the perfect balance between safety and fun! So easy to ride, our group sizes remain small, to guarantee your personalized experience. Anyone can do it!
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time on an ATV so I was a little nervous. You get to familiarise yourself on a mud track which was good for me. When staff are satisfied that you are competent, it's a quick drink of water and back on for the farm tour. This was fun. It was wet and muddy, with some sliding action and turns as I got my confidence up. You can have slides and slips on this attraction if you want more adrenaline, but if you are really gung-ho, I suggest perhaps using 'Down and Dirty' up at the tablelands near Mareeba where it would probably be hillier (and too frightening for me).

All reviews
"whole family"
"horses"
in 109 reviews

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Only participated in the ATVing. The staff were soooo great. I was terrified to go ATVing but went because my husband really wanted to. Yumi (sorry if the spelling is incorrect), took me on a separate super easy track while everybody else zoomed around a man-made "practice" track with mud puddles, small hills, and turns. I finally got the nerve to join them thanks to Yumi.
After approx 30 minutes of the track, they took us on a tour of the farm land which my adventurous hubby loved. We ended by another chunk of time spent "playing" on the track.

Like most touristy activities, there were money grabs: photo packages for purchase, fees for clothing rental.

There is a "sausage sizzle" provided at the end which is included in the price which is pretty much hotdogs and bread. Water available.

Be sure to wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty - they will get dirty. The dirt is a bit hard to get out of dry-fit material. You can rent clothes from the company. My husband rented jeans and got some pretty nasty blisters as a result (they were ripped at the knees and I guess the rubbing against his skin resulted in big blisters).

Overall, the adventurous type will like love speeding along on these ATVs...

1  Thank Kerby21
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We did a half day Atv 'adventure' which stated to include a 2 hour tour through the outback and a bbq lunch. What we experienced was a total of about 1 hour, half on a track the other half around a farm with a tour guide that didn't really speak english topped with a lunch of a tin of seared sausages and a bucket of bread. The remaining staff was pleasant but inattentive. Not in line with what we've come to expect from Cairns attractions.

2  Thank devawnr
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

This was a brilliant day out! As it was my first time on an ATV and horse back, i was unsure wethere it would take time to get used to it. The guide showed us how easy it was to ride the ATVs and it was just a push lever accelerate and brake. Easy and so much fun. You get 25 minutes on the track to get used to the ATVs then a tour around the farm followed by another 10-20 minutes on the track in the opposite direction. Good value. Then the horse riding is a nice chilled out tour around the farm by a lake. The guides were friendly and wanted to talk to you. My horses name was "brownie" she was soft and followed the rest of the horses well. You get pictures taken while doing both activities which you can buy them after the tours.